Talk

Advanced search

Nannies How to join Ofsted Chilcare Register

(8 Posts)
PSong123 Tue 04-Apr-17 14:58:50

Hello,
Can anyone please help me?
I am a nanny and am starting a new job with a family who want me to join ocr so they can use childcare vouchers.
However, I have been on the ofsted website for hours and I don't know which form to use or what to do?! 😩😫
If anyone could literally bullet point step it or give me any guidance I would be so grateful. Thank you ! Xx

nannynick Tue 04-Apr-17 15:11:17

Try following a guide:

http://www.nannypaye.co.uk/ofsted-registration-guide

https://bapn.org.uk/nanny-information/registering-with-ofsted/

nannynick Tue 04-Apr-17 15:12:42

First step before going on the Ofsted site is to have an Enhanced DBS check on the DBS Update Service.

nannynick Tue 04-Apr-17 15:17:45

You will also need:

Paediatric First Aid.
Nanny training at level 2 or above - or Common Core Skills & Knowledge.
Nanny Insurance such as from www.mortonmichel.com/nanny

Mamagin Thu 06-Apr-17 10:47:58

Make sure that you pay for the DBS update service, and not just the DBS.

Busymum123GO Fri 19-May-17 13:46:26

Sorry to hijack the post but its along the similar topic.. I presume no 'health declaration booklet' is required? I couldn't find anything on this on the two webpage links from nannynick and the Gov.uk website is confusing, as its more geared for childminders..

nannynick Fri 19-May-17 14:02:44

No health declaration for a nanny.

There is an exception to that - as part of the application process Ofsted check social services records, that can prompt a pre-reg visit from an inspector so they can chat about whatever has appeared on file causing concern. That can result in Ofsted needing a GP to give a medical view. So you would not do a health declaration, unless Ofsted specifically ask for it.

Busymum123GO Fri 19-May-17 14:11:05

Thank you very much! Always find your advice very sensible, nannynick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now