Depeche Mode
Soft Cell
Japan
Human League
New Order
Tubeway Army
Yazoo
Heaven 17
and then it got a bit shit when the Pet Shop Boys came on.

purepurple Sat 17-Oct-09 11:05:20

Just me then?
You all missed a treat.
Here is a little taster
Cabaret Voltaire

purepurple Sat 17-Oct-09 11:07:41

here is the correct link
blush

AMumInScotland Sat 17-Oct-09 11:30:19

We saw it - a major trip down memory lane, though the later stuff was pretty much bland pop, not like the stuff earlier in the program.

southeastastra Sat 17-Oct-09 11:35:20

i thought OMD sounds really awful and i liked them at the time grin really dirge

southeastastra Sat 17-Oct-09 11:36:00

i love pet shop boys shock! i bought opportunities when it came out!

PuppyMonkey Sat 17-Oct-09 11:41:22

Oh, I missed it and wanted to see it. Was the Hacienda on it?? I was there, I was there.

Might it be repeated?

AMumInScotland Sat 17-Oct-09 11:45:22

Yeah, I thought OMD, and Ultravox's Vienna were ok at the time - but they were right pretentious dirges when you look back, weren't they? Most of the rest of it wasn't my cup of the tea at the time - I was into 70's prog rock and heavy rock at the time. But some of the early radical stuff - like Gary Numan - I can remember being impressed by, just because it was so different.

AMumInScotland Sat 17-Oct-09 11:46:17

I don't remember them mentioning the Hacienda - though I didn't see the start of the program. But it really only covered up to about 82, 83 ish - would that include the Hacienda?

PuppyMonkey Sat 17-Oct-09 11:47:51

Maybe a bit later than that - later in the 80s I went.

purepurple Sat 17-Oct-09 12:46:49

There was no mention of the Hacienda.
I too loved the earlier stuff in the programme.
I was impressed at hoe good Human league were without those 2 ugly girls.

RaggedRobin Sun 18-Oct-09 00:33:13

i was a bit disappointed... but i think that was probably because i was REALLY excited about it. it started off ok, but kind of lost momentum. to end with a quote from andy mcclusky and playing "electric dreams" was a total anti-climax. here's hoping the krautrock one next week will be a return to form for bbc4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now