Talk

Advanced search

simple songs to match everyday moments. Ideas please?

(4 Posts)
bellbottom Sat 10-Oct-09 22:04:18

ok. I've been meaning to ask this for the past 8 months!

My daughter is 20 months. I'm looking for ideas for simple songs to match everyday situations, to increase our sense of fun together. I never have any ideas!

eg - nappy changing
swimming
tickling
cooking
showering

etc etc

I just need some inspiration. Been trying to form my own music group with other mums, but not yet coming together. And I really feel shes ready to sing along with me, as she's trying to sing some songs she heard at creche, but thats in another language as we live abroad.

Please send me any ideas you have, even if you think it's too simple to share. Trust me, it wont be! Thanks :-)

cat64 Sat 10-Oct-09 22:16:40

Message withdrawn

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 10-Oct-09 22:27:50

Hi Bellbottom
I think you should get hold of this book!

The Singing Day

Fits what you are asking for exactly - well worth getting a copy

pushmepullyou Sat 10-Oct-09 22:30:08

Nappy changes are a hot topic song-wise for us, for example:

Leggies in the air (Love is in the air)
My girl smells of wee (My girl, Madness)

We also have various cat-related songs including:

It must be Smudge, Smudge, Smudge. Nothing more, nothing less, Smudge is a pest.

Smudgeroo, smudgeroo, smudgeroo-oo (Doctor Who, and I was very embarassed leaping out in to the street singing it to find a load of random tourists on the footpath outside)

This old Deez, he's got fleas, on his whisker and his knees (to the tune of this old man)

and baby related ones:

Amber Jane, she's insane, but we love her just the same (to the tune of this old man. Must stop this one before she learns the meaning of words blush)

LaLaLaLaLaLa Amber, she my pretty girl, the best girl in the whole world (tune of La Bamba)

...although re-reading the OP, I'm not sure any of these are suitable for a music group!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now