Talk

Advanced search

Rhythmic, relaxing/ uplifting music for labour. Pref no English lyrics. Def. no whale song.

(7 Posts)
Laugs Sat 26-Sep-09 22:08:14

I have a few weeks to go but want to start putting some compilations together.

I am an indie girl at heart, but my last labour had a soundtrack that made me feel like I was going clubbing and I don't think that helped much. Now I know how long it takes and how much I panicked last time, I want to keep the adrenaline to a minimum for as long as possible.

I can't really explain why but it feels like it would be good to not have lyrics I can understand (or no lyrics at all).

Any suggestions, please?

TheHeadbangingWombat Sat 26-Sep-09 22:35:22

I presume that Enya is too whale songy?

redclover79 Sat 26-Sep-09 23:47:48

Gipsy Kings? Not used them for labour but brilliant for getting through tantrums!

mwff Sun 27-Sep-09 00:12:50

thomas tallis

mwff Sun 27-Sep-09 00:16:09

btw no english lyrics v sensible, i remember dp having to sprint over to the stereo to turn off one track during my second (looooong, back to back) labour: where the hell is my baby grin

mwff Sun 27-Sep-09 00:23:05

tallis clips here spem in alium is the most beautiful piece of music ever. fact.

Laugs Sun 27-Sep-09 11:29:10

Thanks for the ideas!

TheHeadbangingWombat, Enya brings back too many memories of my mum playing it on repeat when I was a teenager (maybe it was all the angst of having to deal with me? grin). I feel like it should be music I'm not really connected to.

I'll definitely have a listen to Gipsy Kings and Thomas Tallis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now