Talk

Advanced search

Want to learn acoustic guitar - any good sites for learning?

(9 Posts)
lovechoc Wed 19-Aug-09 13:41:45

Wondering if anyone knows any good websites to help me learn to play the acoustic guitar? It's something I've been thinking of doing for a while now.

TIA

midnightexpress Wed 19-Aug-09 13:42:33

Oh. Me too. Just marking my place, have nothing constructive to offer I'm afraid, though will virtually strum along with you.

lovechoc Wed 19-Aug-09 13:44:55

thanks, midnightexpress. a relative of mine has a guitar lying around and it's never been used, so I'm going to ask if they still want it and if they don't then I'll make it my new hobby. I just feel like being really musical!grin

midnightexpress Wed 19-Aug-09 13:50:55

Me too. I have fond delusion image of me playing guitar while my DSs sing along merrily at my side of an evening. Perhaps round a campfire.

Actually, ds1 seems v musical (he's nearly 4), and loves singing along to Bob Dylan and Gillian Welch so I am only half joking.

I reckon that if I get a book of chords, then I'll be able to get some songs with chords online and perhaps do it like that. Though will obv need a guitar first.

Iklboo Wed 19-Aug-09 13:55:27

DH has been learning guitar - he goes to sites that have songs played by 'tab' (think its thise which show you where your fingers should be) [http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ guitar tabs]]. He prints them off and practices them. He's only been playing since last October but he's getting pretty good (well I think so anyway)

Iklboo Wed 19-Aug-09 13:55:57

Sorry [http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ here]

Iklboo Wed 19-Aug-09 13:56:34

Arghhh!!! Bloody links!!

here I hope

lovechoc Wed 19-Aug-09 14:15:47

thanks Iklboo will check out this site.

midnightexpress I've got images of myself sitting around on a winter's evening with DS, playing guitar and him singing along with me! Maybe I need to get my head out the clouds...lol.

Seriously though, I really feel this is something I want to learn. Going to phone said relative today and see if I can get the guitar. Hope it's still in one piece!!

Good luck with learning guitar, midnightexpress

Iklboo Wed 19-Aug-09 14:26:11

At the risk of link failure again - argos have this:

guitar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now