Talk

Advanced search

Madness and the Pogues at Madstock

(6 Posts)
PadDad Sun 19-Jul-09 08:13:09

Anyone go on Friday?

I saw a three-year-old girl get scared by the surging crowd.

Spoiled my enjoyment quite a bit, late on. But it was generally brilliant.

2shoes Mon 20-Jul-09 19:04:45

were they sober?
I saw both yonks ago and they were very drunk

Bunch Mon 20-Jul-09 19:10:31

Saw Madness on Sat night. They were brilliant!!! Lots of fights in the crowd/drunk people/people getting crushed! But I had a fab time!

catsmother Mon 20-Jul-09 22:40:18

I went on Friday. Female friend got punched by a bloke whose friends all thought it hilarious, and a couple more friends had their wallets nicked.

Luckily, we were oblivious to this at the time as the spot we were in (just left of central in the gold circle, about 15 rows back) was very good natured if boisterous and we had a great time (though I am still hobboling today because both my big toenails are purple ! Didn't feel a thing at the time though !).

However, there was a couple near us with a toddler in a pushchair who were warned by several others before Madness came on that they were going to be crushed by the surge and who got very oiky indeed about the concern being shown. The dad was insisting that the boy would be okay on his shoulders, yet had they stayed where they were (thankfully he stomped off in a huff muttering about being patronised) he, and the kid, would have been knocked flying for sure - doesn't bear thinking about. I think Madness is a great family band but you DON'T put your tiny kids amongst a huge crowd of lairy fans chucking beer about and going mad.

catsmother Mon 20-Jul-09 22:41:27

hobbling (what's hobboling ?!)

kormachameleon Mon 20-Jul-09 22:43:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now