Talk

Advanced search

Lily Allen - she really is an unpleasant woman isn't she?

(147 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 06-Jul-09 11:11:29

And all her music sounds the same, talky shite.

Sorry if you like her but DH was just reading her opinions on various people and she is quite ugly in her opinions. Add this to the other things i have read or seen her say in interviews.

MagNacarta Mon 06-Jul-09 11:12:59

I don't know much about her, but her most recent song makes me laugh - I think it's a great message to send out to young women.

AitchTwoOh Mon 06-Jul-09 11:13:02

aw, i think she's funny. and i like an opinionated woman, wouldn't be on here if i didn't.

Blackduck Mon 06-Jul-09 11:13:58

was that in the observer yesterday? I read it and thought 'you really are a silly little girl aren't you'

AitchTwoOh Mon 06-Jul-09 11:14:03

<notes pavlov's ugly opinion of lily allen> wink

GeneHunt Mon 06-Jul-09 11:14:51

I was delighted to hear her 'sing' at Jool's Hootenanny on New Years Eve. She used her real voice rather than her mock school-girl voice. Shrieky and pitchy. I roared with laughter. grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 06-Jul-09 11:15:33

she is not opinionated, she is just rude. I know plenty of opinionated people who are not just rude.
Blackduck - i think it was, yes. That is what DH said pretty much!

Mintyy Mon 06-Jul-09 11:15:47

I don't know - I've never met her.

Don't believe what you read in the press.

I've absolutely loved her last couple of songs.

TsarChasm Mon 06-Jul-09 11:16:29

Oh I quite liked her last cd although I think just the one album will suffice for my collection. I'll get bored of it quickly I suspect.

What did she say then that was not so nice?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 06-Jul-09 11:16:33

grin touche !

OracleInaCoracle Mon 06-Jul-09 11:16:54

i quite like her too, she's funny and feisty. much better than the air-kissing sycophants that inhabit sleb-world.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 11:16:55

I think she's awful. The way she launched into Elton in public.

Opinions are fine but she makes an arse out of herself. She's trashy and her 'music' is all shite.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 06-Jul-09 11:17:22

Hang on, see if I can find the article.

She seems to find it funny though, have seen her smirk when making the comments herself on tv

GeneHunt Mon 06-Jul-09 11:17:43

Here. Enjoy!

Greensleeves Mon 06-Jul-09 11:18:15

talentless trollop [yawn]

Greensleeves Mon 06-Jul-09 11:18:52

in fact I think she may be Amy Winebox's smug little sister

AitchTwoOh Mon 06-Jul-09 11:19:17

i think she's got some pretty big daddy issues thanks to having Britain's Biggest Cock as a father, and i was very sad for her when she lost her baby at four months pregnant. she is just a young, damaged woman. and my friends went to a gig of hers and all commented that her voice was surprisingly strong, funnily enough.

beanieb Mon 06-Jul-09 11:20:36

I saw her at Glastonbury and she came over as a really nice person. I think thre are worse people in the music industry to be honest. Her songs are a bit samey and sing-songy but sme of teh Lyrics are great.

I know people who really dislike her and can't stop going on about it which I think is odd as they are allowing their dislike to get out of control a wee bit.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 06-Jul-09 11:21:34

Thanks gene - I could not find it.

Thing is, she is quite pretty, if she was not so filthy mouthed.

DH has a friend here, who said 'she ain't that pretty, i would give her 6/10. Dh said something in response, you can probably guess what wink shock

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Mon 06-Jul-09 11:22:15

I like her.

I think if she comes through the madniss that is the pop industry, she'll be around writing songs in twenty years time.

All young people say stupid things. Most of them don'tdo it public though. I could cringe at some of the things I was probably saying 20 years ago. (Lucky I was too drunk to remember them now.)

cyteen Mon 06-Jul-09 11:22:49

I really like her tbh. Not afraid to be herself, a good line in sly lyrics, and I was impressed at her voice last time I saw her on Later.

Real person in real opinions shocker.

beanieb Mon 06-Jul-09 11:23:46

She did a great song about her dad at Glastonbury, I don't think she has issues as far as he's concerned - or if she did then I recon she's got them sorted.

clicky

AitchTwoOh Mon 06-Jul-09 11:24:59

having watched that i think she did well on later, gene, with an arrangement that wasn't that kind to her range.

what did your dh say, pavlov? was it ugly?

beanieb Mon 06-Jul-09 11:25:40

Genehunt has linked to a performance, not an article.

Wonderstuff Mon 06-Jul-09 11:28:35

I think shes great. Her lyrics are funny. She does sometimes say more than she should, but She is young and has been through a lot. Much better role model than Britney or Girls Aloud or Winehouse or all manner of women who prance around in their underwear being very sexual and/or relying on looks. Dont get me started on the pussycat dolls [seeths]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now