Talk

Advanced search

Technical Q about downloads/making a CD

(5 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Sun 28-Jun-09 09:10:44

Not sure if this is in the right place but thought someone here might be able to help.

Am total audio ludite but need to put together some music for DS's birthday party. Have to put it on to CDs as I don't own an iPod or similar. My question is, can I download music from the internet? I'm assuming a cd won't play mp3s won't so what do I do?

Supplementary question - I think I should join the 21st century & get iPod or similar. Are iPods the best, or something else

TIA!

tribpot Sun 28-Jun-09 09:33:06

Do you have some CDs already with the music on that you want to play? i.e. just need to do a compilation, or do you have no music at all? In which case yes, you can buy from the internet and then burn to a CD. Is this your own CD player?

thehouseofmirth Sun 28-Jun-09 11:59:52

Yes, some l be copied from CDs but some tracks I don't have, so will need to get from somewhere & I though downloading easiest & cheapest. Yes, our own cd player.

If I download it, will it be the right format for CD?

thehouseofmirth Sun 28-Jun-09 11:59:53

Yes, some l be copied from CDs but some tracks I don't have, so will need to get from somewhere & I though downloading easiest & cheapest. Yes, our own cd player.

If I download it, will it be the right format for CD?

tribpot Sun 28-Jun-09 16:37:51

No but you can easily convert it for CD - I'm guessing your CD player doesn't play MP3 files but only standard CDs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now