Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else THRILLED that Dinosaur Jr. has a new cd coming out?

(12 Posts)
KerryMumbles Sat 27-Jun-09 21:52:59

rock 'n roll baby

pooka Sat 27-Jun-09 21:54:20

BLimey, Dinosaur Jr. THat's a blast from the past. Had a boyfriend super into them. Saw them live at the Brixton Academy with the Jesus and Mary Chain, Blur and My Bloody Valentine (was the Rollercoaster tour). Happy days.

KerryMumbles Sat 27-Jun-09 21:55:33

yes. sounds quite good. This single was on the radio and I was digging it but didn't know who it was and then ds1 says, that's dinosaur Jr. mum and I'm like what? And sure enough he was right.

pooka Sat 27-Jun-09 21:56:38

JUst looked and saw them in 1992. So 17 years ago and they're still working. Good on em.

jeminthepark Sat 27-Jun-09 21:56:45

Me, i'm interested, saw them a couple of times...obviously pre-kids...I'm quite old now...

KerryMumbles Sat 27-Jun-09 21:58:18

yes well i'm rather old as well grin

listen to link. it's good

burningupinspeed Sat 27-Jun-09 22:00:44

Oh I love Dinosaur Jr, they were my first American band, after appearing on something on BBC2 in about 92/3 with Belly, Rage, and the Smashing Pumpkins - change my life.

Saw them at Reading in 98 (I think)

I downloaded the single on iTunes, it's not bad.

burningupinspeed Sat 27-Jun-09 22:03:19

changed blush

cyteen Sat 27-Jun-09 22:04:16

pooka, I went to that gig as well - it was awesome!

I still love Dinosaur Jr.

pooka Sat 27-Jun-09 22:08:33

Was excellent cyteen, wasn't it? Though kind of missed MBV by being in the queue for the loos. No great loss as they weren't my first priority (most J&MC, but BLur great too). Just remember all this feedback reverberating through the foyer!

KerryMumbles Sat 27-Jun-09 22:10:57

I don't think i ever saw them sad

though I think I might have in Boston.

I've been to quite literally hundreds, if not thousands of gigs....

cyteen Sun 28-Jun-09 08:50:12

It was a fantastic night. I was 16 and drunk off my head on whiskey grin hence MBV kind of passed me by too...my brother and I had gone specifically to see Dinosaur Jr who were fucking amazing. I do remember seeing someone asleep with their head in the bass bin during MBV's set shock I bet they can't listen to much anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now