Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any brass band players out there...who do you play for......fancy a mutual thread ????

(5 Posts)
mummypoppins Mon 22-Sep-08 17:06:59

I play back row cornet for a 4th section band in the midlands so im pretty useless but I do enjoy it.

Any others ???

NomDePlume Mon 22-Sep-08 17:09:22

Sorry, I'n not a brass bandit but gawd, I can't listen to them without filling up. I have no idea what it is (probably the miners bands) but I find them really moving blush

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 22-Sep-08 17:21:23

Mummypoppins I play principal 3rd cornet for a fourth section band in the SW.

Am really a horn player (Prisms by Peter Graham was my high point OMG I nailed that top B)

But after having had the DCs plus a bereavement, I am playing again, albeit a cornet (pfffft)

smile

mummypoppins Mon 22-Sep-08 18:14:16

I fancy playing Horn but all the seats are full and we have such a shortage of cornet players I dont suppose I would be allowed. I played the flugel when I was at school and loved it.

bandgeek Sat 01-Nov-08 10:09:46

Just saw this thread, I play percussion for a 1st section band. I have just seen the score for the regionals next year and I'm shitting a brick!!!!

If I could play a brass insrtument I would choose euphonium , think it has a gorgeous sound

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now