Talk

Advanced search

Any fans of "The Libertines" on here?

(9 Posts)
mayorquimby Fri 12-Sep-08 13:10:12

i know that doherty gets a lot of bad press and that most on this board are not fond of him for some reason.
but forget the tabloids and enjoy the music.
up the bracket is an unbelievable debut album that all these no mark indie bands (the kooks, razorlight i'm looking at you) have been trying to replicate unsuccessfully for years.

so any fans here?
or to thiose who hate them, why?

twinsetandpearls Fri 12-Sep-08 22:53:14

I love their music actually, not a fan of him though.

boogeek Fri 12-Sep-08 22:59:40

I love them - not them, but the music. Once I get that CD on in the car it is played on an endless loop (until DH drives and gets me out of it! I am physically incapable of stopping it once I start.)

SnoopDog Wed 17-Sep-08 23:16:45

one of my very fave songs

mayorquimby Thu 18-Sep-08 09:22:32

absolutely class song.
i also love death on the stairs and boys in the band.

vonsudenfed Thu 18-Sep-08 09:26:41

First album was brilliant - and they were amazing live, but since then they've squandered everything, I think - the second album was a real disappointment.

Agreed though, Doherty himself is an adolescent twunt of the first order.

daftpunk Thu 18-Sep-08 09:42:08

love that song snoopdog..best one he's ever done

mayorquimby Thu 18-Sep-08 09:56:26

yeah i know what you mean. babyshambles are just like "the libertines lite" or something. you catch glimmers of brilliance but that's it. it all feels as though they are the NME fanboy tabloid band that everyone assumes the libertines were if they haven't taken the time to listen to the album.

having said that i absolutely love Albion by the babyshambles.

paow Mon 22-Sep-08 14:37:15

Hi ya, another fan here.
Saw them at the Forum a few years back one night when things between them were going from bad to worse, so Pete didn't turn up.

Do you like Dirty Pretty things?
Not the same, but still like them.

You can't beat listening to up the bracket really loudly with a beer in hand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now