Talk

Advanced search

What sort of music is this?

(19 Posts)
BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Sep-08 21:59:10

<Sucks teeth>

<Pats blue rinse>

<Pulls shawl around shoulders>

I want a CD of a specific type of music but I'm not sure what the genre is called. It's clubbing music (at least I imagine it is, I haven't actually seen the inside of a night club for many years). It's got a really obnoxious LOUD pumping beat - quite a simple pulsing beat, quite fast. It often has quite a sweet meoldy over the top - something simple and tuneful and repeated ad nausium, often with a girl or a chipmunk (?) singing. The melody is often something I recognise, so probably covers of old songs.

I think possibly Scooter is the sort of thing I mean, but not necessarily just Scooter and I don't know for sure that Scooter is what I mean.

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 21:59:57

Trance is what you're looking for.

hanaflower Wed 03-Sep-08 22:01:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:01:27

The new Clubland compilation - vol 13 - would probably do the trick.

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:04:12

I would prob not go for MoS or an annual as they typically only have one/half a CD of trance.

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:04:12

I would prob not go for MoS or an annual as they typically only have one/half a CD of trance.

mrsruffallo Wed 03-Sep-08 22:14:09

Do you mean this kind of thing

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Sep-08 22:20:55

Trance sounds quite peaceful. I don't want peaceful.

I don't want chill out music.

Clubland compilation sounds promising...

That sort of thing MrsR - but possibly even simpler than that. That was almost too tuneful and songlike. I'm sure I've heard stuff that is just repetitive drums and a fairly short vocal repeated too.

masalachameleon Wed 03-Sep-08 22:22:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BroccoliSpears Wed 03-Sep-08 22:24:08

Lol - it's no good asking me! I'm hoping someone will tell me...

This is the sort of thing. Is there a compilation of various people doing this sort of thing?

WigWamBam Wed 03-Sep-08 22:27:25

You need Misdee. She's a DJ and Knows These Things.

I don't have a clue. I'm a boring old fart; when I hear this kind of crap music I say the kind of things that my mother used to say when we watched TOTP.

Overmydeadbody Wed 03-Sep-08 22:31:54

sounds like old skool house to me

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:32:17

Progressive trance/techno (what is popular now) is far from chilled Broccoli! Stuff like this and this, right?

Overmydeadbody Wed 03-Sep-08 22:35:06

Hmmmm actually, having listened to the scooter link that is more like hard house, or German hard house to be specific grin

Here's some old skool house. I suspect it's not what you're after?

Ewe Wed 03-Sep-08 22:36:19

I've spent the last 5 days in Ibiza and am fairly confident that a Clubland type CD is what you are looking for. It is branded under trance/techno/electro depending on who you speak to but that I'm farly confident that is what you want.

Overmydeadbody Wed 03-Sep-08 22:36:34

more house

Overmydeadbody Wed 03-Sep-08 22:40:11

I think Ewe has it actually! mainstream stuff, it's branded under a variety of names techno, electro, trance etc etc

BroccoliSpears Thu 04-Sep-08 08:54:16

Yes, that Cascada link especially.

Clubland. Will look for a 'clubland' album.

BroccoliSpears Thu 04-Sep-08 08:54:38

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now