Talk

Advanced search

Where to get second hand 1/16th violin?

(4 Posts)
maggiethecat Mon 25-Aug-08 23:22:20

DD has just started violin and we rent a 1/16th suzuki for 7.50 a month. Her teacher said she'll prob continue with that size for a while (she's very petite) and so we may as well buy one. Where can we look for a used one, decent make, for a reasonable price?

serin Mon 25-Aug-08 23:39:54

Our violin teacher put us in touch with the family of one of her pupils who had outgrown his. I think this is fairly standard practice so I would start by asking the teacher.

maggiethecat Tue 26-Aug-08 23:12:40

I did ask teacher who does not have many pupils and she referred me to 2 music shops which do not have this size (used) at the moment. But based on your suggestion, I'm thinking of contacting Guildhall (dd is not a student there) and just asking them to allow me to put up notice.
BTW, which make is your dc's violin? This is all new territory for me - teacher said that make is probably not important at this stage but it would be good to have an idea of what's out there for this age range.

Ceolas Tue 26-Aug-08 23:22:42

I have a 16th Stentor. Bog standard beginners violin, but they have sounded fine for my DDs (we have every size up to 1/2 now!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now