Talk

Advanced search

How about a 'Your best misheard song lyrics' thread

(110 Posts)
grouchyoscar Mon 25-Aug-08 08:50:53

Probably been done to death before but it's good fun

So for all those moments of 'Belezbub has a devil for a sideboard' I'll start with

Alanis Morrisette - You Oughta Know

'And I'm here to remind you of that cross eyed bear that you sent to me'

FluffyMummy123 Mon 25-Aug-08 08:51:18

Message withdrawn

hobnob Mon 25-Aug-08 08:56:03

Life in the fast lane: 'Flies in the bathroom'.

hobnob Mon 25-Aug-08 08:57:05

And 'So lonely, so lonely': 'Sue lawley, Sue Lawley'.

2shoes Mon 25-Aug-08 10:52:55

"miss diane" by metallica
brilliant song.
but really called "if wolf and man"
(I blame crossroads)

HeadFairy Mon 25-Aug-08 10:55:39

Take That... "I want you back" became "I wash your back" when my sister sang it in the car the other day. Her dd's fell about laughing

SheikYerbouti Mon 25-Aug-08 11:01:26

I was oin a pub once chatting to a guy who loved himself

"You're so vain" came on (ironically enough) and he started singing along to it. When it got to the line "I had some dreams, there were clouds in my coffee" he sang

"I had a dream there were clowns in my pocket, clowns in my pocket"

I PMSL

He was such a cock

OneBoyOneGirl Mon 25-Aug-08 11:10:09

Not really a pop song but when i was younger and in the school choir i was practicing my songs to my mum and dad and they were in fits of laughter.

Instead of Jesus being 'cold and naked', i had made him become 'cold and knackered'. :O

Never lived it down blush

janeite Mon 25-Aug-08 11:12:17

DD2 used to sing "Heathcliffe, tea and coffee I've come home now"

PinkPussyCat Mon 25-Aug-08 11:13:21

The Time Warp "And it's the pelvic thruuuust..."

I heard "Put on your velvet glooooves.."

hmm

Jbck Mon 25-Aug-08 11:23:41

DD1's rendition of the Ramones 'Sheena is a prawn cracker' has us in fits, she is 6 tho'.

ClareVoiant Mon 25-Aug-08 11:41:07

In our old clubbing days 'Professional Widow - Its got to be big' got translated into 'Saggy Tits'. we still refer to it a the saggy tits song. grin

FattipuffsandThinnifers Mon 25-Aug-08 11:49:33

For years I thought Roberta Flack (Killing me softly) was singing "strumming my face with his fingers".

ClareVoiant Mon 25-Aug-08 11:56:07

fattipuffs - you mean it isn't?

Lozza70 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:57:34

The Stranglers Golden Brown - for a very long time I thought it was 'lay me down in my mancherons' whatever a mancheron was?? Only to find out it's actually 'in my mind she runs' blush

hobnob Mon 25-Aug-08 13:31:38

I thought exactly the same thing, Lozza. It wasn't until I saw it written down that I realized!

Winetimeisfinetime Mon 25-Aug-08 13:36:27

I always thought that 'Working at the car wash' was 'Working at the Co-op' until someone put me straight.

Bronze Mon 25-Aug-08 13:36:30

My Mum thinks The Stone Roses have a track called I wanna be a door.

jamescagney Mon 25-Aug-08 13:38:56

La Isla Bonita, I merrily sang
"young girls with eyes like potatoes" not pesetas!

jammydodger Mon 25-Aug-08 13:39:21

Roam if you want to (roam around the world) from the 80's
was to me: Woah Misty Wom poo...

feedmenow Mon 25-Aug-08 13:39:34

Was talking about this yesterday evening!

Fine Young Cannibals She Drives Me Crazy.....for ages I couldn't work out whether it was "she drives me crazy, her long black hair" or "she drives me crazy, her long blonde hair". In fact, it turned out to be "she drives me crazy like no-one else"!

Sputnik Mon 25-Aug-08 14:40:24

DD used to perplex us by always adding a verse about the "duck on the bus" to "Wheels on the Bus", until we realised ishe meant "the conductor on the bus"

A friend of ours always renders Bob Marley's Redemption Song as "songs of Freida"

LOL at Sheena is a prawn cracker

nervousal Mon 25-Aug-08 14:43:29

another Bob Marley one - instead of the israelites I always heard "the hills are alive"

and "pimpers paradise" for years to me sounded like "fiddlers paradise"

janeite Mon 25-Aug-08 21:37:40

Pmsl at "I wanna be a door"! Reminds me of that huge hit by James "Hose it down".

LittleMyDancingForJoy Mon 25-Aug-08 21:44:07

That Natalie Imbruglia song Torn - the chorus starts off 'I'm all out of faith'....I'm convinced it's actually 'I'm a lettuce face'

Much more appropriate.

Then there's the classic Bob Dylan 'The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind'....

And Purple Rain

'Maybe you're just like my mother, too bald' shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now