Talk

Advanced search

Looking for CD compilations of adult pop songs that kids can sing along to

(4 Posts)
squiffy Fri 15-Aug-08 12:22:33

That's it really. I am forever singing to the kids songs like Yellow Submarine and Surfin USA and even stuff like Rock the Casbah & Eton Rifles. you know, general singalong stuff that kids can pick up and join in on.

In my dreams I will have a weekend to myself when I can upload/download my own compilations into a big children 'singalong' CD....In the meantime, does anyone know of any CD's out there that do the trick? I guess someone somewhere must have thought of this and put this kind of stuff together on soem kind of 'kid-focused' albums, but I can't seem to find stuff like this on Amazon... I am looking for something by original artists...

?

twoboots Sat 16-Aug-08 11:46:26

we've come up with a few more artists/tracks, they might be giants are a good option, you've prob already done the monkees, elvis and queen, REM: shiney happy people, the bangles: walk like an egyptian, the misfits: ballroom blitz, jackie wilson: reet petie, bobby mcferin: don worry be happy, mark mulchahy: most of the album smile sunset.
dd (10 weeks) really responds to nina simone, bille holiday and of course the beachboys!

Earlybird Sat 16-Aug-08 12:35:42

DD loves Abba's Greatest Hits. I went online and the song lyrics and printed them for her. She loved being able to 'sing along' with her 'song sheets'.

TsarChasm Sun 17-Aug-08 14:35:26

Dc love love the Ting Tings atm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now