Talk

Advanced search

i've seen Mamma Mia , but i don't want to talk about the film- who loves ABBA?!

(10 Posts)
Raahh Sat 26-Jul-08 19:01:47

because i have been a fan since i was very young- i vividly remember sitting in my room, painstakingly copying the lyrics from my super trouper album onto a4 sheets of paper ( and drawing pictures- the piper was especially good!)blush

i adored the visitors- but by then i was coming up to 12 and it was VERY naff to like Abba ( so i switched to Depeche mode- never very trendy, me!).

At uni i discovered abba again as they+ went through a bit of a revival- (remember the Erasure Abbaesque ep?)smile

The whole Mamma Mia thing has made me listen to their stuff again- and i found myself thinking how clever the song writing was, and how easily written off as cheesy.

Just wanted a nostalgic ramble, really[ grin]

JackieNo Sat 26-Jul-08 19:03:31

I loved them too. However, I'm so old, that I only have Abba albums on vinylblush. Which means that I can't listen to them. I'm going to have to invest in a greatest hits cd, I thinkgrin

Hassled Sat 26-Jul-08 19:05:33

Waterloo was the first single I ever owned - bought for my birthday by the girls across the road (who later became my stepsisters, but that's a different story). And my brother used to torment me with "Treat Him Well (He Is Your Brother) . Abba does make me nostalgic for my childhood - they are just great.

Raahh Sat 26-Jul-08 19:07:26

jackie, with exception of Abba gold- all mine are vinyl too. I love you tube!!

Kbear Sat 26-Jul-08 19:08:18

LOVE ABBA

Saw Mamma Mia on Wednesday and felt very nostalgic for my childhood.

Memories of going to see ABBA the Movie at the cinema with my mum and the girls across the road and their mum. All squashed in the back of her mini on the way home singing Thank you for the Music!!

DD is up in her room playing Abba Gold CD and learning all the words!

Raahh Sat 26-Jul-08 19:09:25

watching Mamma mia reminded me how brilliant Slipping through my fingers was. It was never released as a single here, but was a gorgeous song in the visitors.

bratnav Sat 26-Jul-08 19:11:39

DP and I watched this last weekend, the only music playing in our house all week has been a triple pack of ABBA blush

Raahh Sat 26-Jul-08 19:13:18

this is what i love- my niece is 9, and now a total fan. My ds is only 5, so didn't see the movie but has been subjected to abba gold in the car. He likes Voulez vousgrin

Dancing Queen was my dance with dad at my wedding (cept he nearly missed it as he was at the bar!).

JackieNo Sat 26-Jul-08 19:45:09

Yes - my sister and I used to sing along to the single of 'Money, money, money' incessantly.

Kbear Sat 26-Jul-08 21:25:34

DD loves Super Trouper! Funny how these things come around again and are just as popular as the first time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now