Talk

Advanced search

Fleet Foxes, Midlake..... Bella Union label

(7 Posts)
beanieb Fri 18-Jul-08 14:47:17

Just listened to the 'Fleet Foxes' album after hearing lots of good stuff about it. Anyone else a fan? Bella Union seem to sign a lot of good artist. Midlake were my new favourite band 18 months ago and Fleet Foxes look like they may shunt them aside for a while.

SixSpotBurnet Fri 18-Jul-08 14:48:12

Yes, I just got the Fleet Foxes album and really like it. Don't know Midlake though.

beanieb Fri 18-Jul-08 15:36:44

Midlake are fab IMO, though the first part of their album 'trials of van Occupanther' is better than the second. A similar kind of folksy early-settlers kind of vibe with similar nature inspired lyrics.

DaDaDa Fri 18-Jul-08 16:04:21

I'm listening to Fleet Foxes a lot at the moment (posted on them before). Don't know Midlake or a lot of Bella Union stuff other than an ancient single by Departure Lounge called 'The New You' which was rather good.

SixSpotBurnet Fri 18-Jul-08 16:48:49

Fleet Foxes put me in mind of the Byrds. I'm not saying that's a bad thing smile.

DaDaDa Fri 18-Jul-08 17:21:13

It's a very very good thing grin. But I'd say they're closer to CSN&Y.

SixSpotBurnet Fri 18-Jul-08 17:35:23

Yes, take your point.

Off home to listen to some music, now. May have to listen to Husker Du's cover of 8 Miles High on the way, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now