Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Last.Fm

(18 Posts)
VictorianSqualor Fri 06-Jun-08 17:52:15

I know it's been done before but who has Last.fm?
I want to be nosey.

ranting Sat 07-Jun-08 20:25:05

Me, why what's it to youwink.
Mind you I rarely use it, mainly because I don't know anybody else who uses it.

chonky Sat 07-Jun-08 20:29:32

What's Last.fm? <nosey>

ranting Sat 07-Jun-08 20:31:48

it's a website that links to your music software of choice (itunes/napster/hmv, though why you'd want to use the crappy hmv software is beyond me) and gives you music listening suggestions. Oh and to boot, it shows everyone just how crap wonderous your music taste is.

VictorianSqualor Sat 07-Jun-08 22:08:11

lol, You're supposed to turn it off to listen to Hanson and Chesney Hawkeswink

chonky Sat 07-Jun-08 22:09:33

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'One and Only' VS wink

ranting Sat 07-Jun-08 22:17:01

Mmmm Bop, wah wah MMMM bop <<rant dances round floor.>>>

HarleyQuinn Thu 12-Jun-08 14:32:55

Me, I havent been on there long

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 20:06:52

Re-awakening this thread as I've finally set this up and oh hurrah. It's fab. Live stuff n' all. Am listening to Elvis Costello atm.

hazeyjane Mon 06-Oct-08 20:18:26

i have,it is fab and some of the 'music listening suggestions' that I have had, include Mel Torme and Shitmat ( they are a band,apparantly - honest!)so I'm guessing I must have a pretty wide taste in music smile

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 20:23:50

Shitmat?! Might suggest that to the-MNer-previously-and-naively-known-as-dragonbutter as an alternative name. I haven't tried the suggestions yet. Am scared it'll give me the Kaiser Chiefs (blee) because I like Maximo Park.

snowleopard Mon 06-Oct-08 20:25:41

DP (total muso, DJ and into all kinds of nerdy avant-garde stuff) has it and I'm meaning to get round to it. He loves it and has been extolling its virtues until the other day it gave him...

Katie Melua. How I larfed

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 20:26:18

How are you, btw, hazey? Just sent off sample for month 4 of follow-up. Am so tempted to try early...

hazeyjane Mon 06-Oct-08 21:11:48

Sadly, I always get amnesia when I go on there and completely forget what music I like, the same thing happens when I go into a music shop.

I am very, very well thankyou Habbibu, I have to send Charing Cross some wee tomorrow, and have a blood test for a research project they are doing. I was so sick of waiting to try again, but when the time came, was too scared to try for another 6 months after I had been given the all clear! Are you having 6 months of follow up?

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 21:16:21

Yes, I am. Actually - I have a couple of questions for you - prob not the right thread here - I'll reopen the original one, if you don't mind?

Habbibu Mon 06-Oct-08 21:25:37

Have posted my q here. Am glad you're well. I've set up a library on last.fm - only about 12 bands on it so far, but am having such a nice musical evening!

hazeyjane Mon 06-Oct-08 21:50:00

Sorry, was distracted by The Daily Show. All sorts of stuff crops up on our library, does anyone else have this problem? I'm pretty sure that dh hasn't been listening to Mandy Miller!

hazeyjane Mon 06-Oct-08 21:50:24

Am off to the other thread now, Habbibu!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now