Talk

Advanced search

Will it take me until April 2019 to reach grade 3 *** video linked ***

(4 Posts)
DayDreamer511 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:22:51

I’ve recently taken piano back up. I played as a child but haven’t played for 15 years. I can only find one teacher who can fit around my schedule and he’s not the most experienced. I’ve told him I would like to work my way through the grades as I didn’t sit any as a child. He’s said he thinks I should sit grade 3 in April 2019. I have been working on this grade 3 piece for the past week & a half and this is where I’m at with it. I just feel a little down that he thinks it’ll take me that long until I’m exam ready. Is he right about the time frames or do you think I should be doing it sooner? Thank you.

https://youtu.be/D7lJ73LqTqw

DayDreamer511 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:23:25

I know that piece is no where near perfect but I just wanted to show you an idea of where I’m at a week and a half into lessons.

NeverEverAnythingEver Mon 04-Dec-17 08:23:49

I would have thought you'd have this piece ready A LOT earlier than April 2019. Are you sure he said 2019? 2018 would be more like it. He was probably confused.

NeverEverAnythingEver Mon 04-Dec-17 08:24:14

Come and post on the instrument players thread - a bit more traffic there!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: