Advanced search

Will it take me until April 2019 to reach grade 3 *** video linked ***

(4 Posts)
DayDreamer511 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:22:51

I’ve recently taken piano back up. I played as a child but haven’t played for 15 years. I can only find one teacher who can fit around my schedule and he’s not the most experienced. I’ve told him I would like to work my way through the grades as I didn’t sit any as a child. He’s said he thinks I should sit grade 3 in April 2019. I have been working on this grade 3 piece for the past week & a half and this is where I’m at with it. I just feel a little down that he thinks it’ll take me that long until I’m exam ready. Is he right about the time frames or do you think I should be doing it sooner? Thank you.

DayDreamer511 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:23:25

I know that piece is no where near perfect but I just wanted to show you an idea of where I’m at a week and a half into lessons.

NeverEverAnythingEver Mon 04-Dec-17 08:23:49

I would have thought you'd have this piece ready A LOT earlier than April 2019. Are you sure he said 2019? 2018 would be more like it. He was probably confused.

NeverEverAnythingEver Mon 04-Dec-17 08:24:14

Come and post on the instrument players thread - a bit more traffic there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now