Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What could I do with a load of old music books for piano?

(7 Posts)
Blondielongie Mon 05-Jun-17 21:07:21

I've been inherited over a hundred piano books. I want to keep a few that I play/am interested in learning, but there are masses. Is there a way to sell them job lot? or would it be better to auction?

No idea how so any help appreciated if anyone has been in this situation before.

Babieseverywhere Tue 24-Oct-17 09:11:39

EBay sounds ideal.

Larsitter Tue 24-Oct-17 13:43:38

I did find when my parents died most of them were not really worth enough to make it worth selling them but some will sell. I have bought some second hand pieces for the children on ebay or Amazon over the years. It probably depends how much time you have available. I know sadly when companies do house clearance even though they have the chance to sell books and music they retrieve from the houses usually it is not cost effective to bother selilng and they put it in recycling of paper waste.

underkerstumbled Tue 24-Oct-17 14:00:15

If nobody wants them, Oxfam bookshops often have a sheet music section, or you could donate to a local secondary school.

Babieseverywhere Tue 24-Oct-17 17:09:16

If any are old classics I might of heard of or easy beginner pieces...I might be interested in buying something....what do you have ?

CoteDAzur Sat 04-Nov-17 21:56:44

Can you list them here? Please mention editions, too.

I know that there are people on Amazon who sell large libraries of old sheet music books. Maybe you could give that a go.

Eroica Sat 04-Nov-17 21:58:10

There are lots of parents of people that play on MN- get listing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now