Talk

Advanced search

Why is this section of talk so neglected?

(8 Posts)
mycavitiesareempty Wed 10-May-17 12:56:42

Just that, really.

Personally I can't contemplate a life without music, listening to it, reading about it... but maybe we're all so busy listening we've no time to pontificate on in smile

Ferguson2 Wed 10-May-17 15:05:17

I think there is much more music on the Education Extra Curricular section, where parents discuss their children's musical progress.

mycavitiesareempty Wed 10-May-17 18:48:09

Arf smile was thinking more music appreciation as a grown up hobby.... maybe mumsnetters are just drowning in 1D and little mix grin

mycavitiesareempty Wed 10-May-17 18:49:19

It's just mumsnet'd be a great place to talk music. The actual gig scene feels a bit young for me these days (grand old age of 41)...

WowOoo Wed 10-May-17 18:56:36

As you said, I'm happy listening to it - fully and also just in the background.
Music is with me a lot - when I wake up, in the car, eating dinner and for that Friday feeling. It makes my days better.

I do talk about it - but only to those that I know love going on about songs, lyrics, instruments etc.
There have been some great music threads in the past. I need music for 'doing a bit of work before getting the kids to bed' now!

Sadik Thu 11-May-17 21:15:52

I love going to gigs now (aged 47) - first time I both have money and no small children . . . No 'known' bands, just pretty much anything locally that sounds interesting.
I'm hoping to go and see Mwnci Nel this weekend (welsh folk).

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 11-May-17 21:18:04

Never too old for a concert!!
Just booked tickets to 2 at 45!!
Ded won't be the oldest at 1 but maybe will at the second!!
Don't bloody care!!
Oo just thought I will be 46 by then - what an old rocker!!

mycavitiesareempty Tue 16-May-17 09:41:25

Sorry all for the delayed responses to your posts. Thanks for your thoughts smile And nice to know others are as into music as me smile

I've just got tickets to a Sofar gig so let's see, I'm fully expecting to be the oldest person there ... DH is a bit unsure so I may co-opt a friend instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now