Talk

Advanced search

Any Ryan Adams fans about?

(18 Posts)

I've been counting the days for today's release and I'm lying on the sofa enjoying Prisoner. DP has taken ds out so I can enjoy it in peace - anyone else?

mouldycheesefan Fri 17-Feb-17 13:45:29

Do you mean Bryan Adams?
Who is Ryan Adams?

No I definitely mean Ryan grin Thus is his 16th studio album so whist not famous he's certain not unknown.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Adams

I'm not a Bryan fan wink

Ginmakesitallok Fri 17-Feb-17 13:52:33

Lol at Bryan Adams! I listened to Gold constantly when I was in hospital having dd1 - he's fabulous!

He is indeed - Gold got me through a very tough year where I lost my
Mum and got divorced. My life is pretty much soundtracked by his music.

Just me then? grin

Jesterstolehisthornycrown1 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:20:04

Love gold aswell. He only ever plays small venues and we never manage to get tickets. Would love to see him live.
Enjoy your afternoon with Ryan

The next tour goes on sale 10 am next Friday and the venues are bigger - Royal Albert Hall for one! Can't wait, only missed one tour in 15 years as I was on holiday and that was the last album so really looking forward to this one smile

53rdAndBird Fri 17-Feb-17 15:28:47

He's amazing. I am really out of touch with any of his recent stuff - haven't been listening to much music at all for the past few years sad - but rediscovered my iTunes library a few weeks back and played Heartbreaker right through. Still brilliant as ever.

Jesterstolehisthornycrown1 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:46:39

Will have a look. Am in Ireland so hopefully he's booked bigger than where he normally plays.
Now I'm off to clean up and listen to Ryan.

Jesterstolehisthornycrown1 Fri 17-Feb-17 15:49:05

Nope he's playing the Olympia again. I'll have to camp out and get the tickets.

NoTractorsAtTheTable Fri 17-Feb-17 15:51:11

We saw him live 2 years ago grin - definitely worth it! The show wasn't the longest, but it was fast paced, super-slick and a great night.

I've been listening to Prisoner all day (not so subtly in the office) - love it grin

It's Cork Opera house and Dublin Olympia so fingers crossed!

Oh cross posted. I live in the midlands but considering RAH and making a weekend of it smile

notractors what do you think? I wasn't mad about the last album which pained me to admit but living Prisoner at the moment 😊

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 17-Feb-17 16:16:32

I saw him on breakfast tv, being an oafish teen type, and needing a haircut a couple of weeks ago

Then that weekend he was on the radio in the afternoon, Jo Whiley had a huge coughing fit and had to abandon him live on air and he was very amusing while she almost died, not very quietly of the coughing in a corner of the studio

so I forgave him his stupid fringe and surly attitude. grin I like a sense of humour

NoTractorsAtTheTable Fri 17-Feb-17 16:21:32

I did love his cover of 1989 blush, but the 'Ryan Adams' album wasn't my favourite.

At the moment, I think Prisoner feels much more classic 'Ryan' than some of his recent albums. Definitely shades of 'Gold' there (but with more electric guitar). But then again, I always think his albums need a couple of listens before I can properly make a judgement on them!

tondelaya the BBC appearance was odd, they clearly had no clue who he was. He does have a tendency to brattishnesh in interviews so I thought he behaved fairly well grin

tractors I agree about a bit of a return to Gold. I'm still hankering after a new Cold Roses and selfishly hoped the divorce might help! So far I like but don't love, only managed to listen twice though so jury's still out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now