Talk

Advanced search

Little Mix

(3 Posts)
heedee Sat 21-Jan-17 15:28:37

First time poster 😊

I have a daughter, aged 9, who just loves music and dancing 💃 She often will sing along to her favourite songs and sometimes ask me what songs are about (cause often lyrics really don't make sense). I hate that she has started liking Little Mix. I think they are really quite horrid. Pretty much every single one of their songs is about sex and some of their lyrics are pretty explicit. Far from being good role models (as many parents seem to think they are, which baffles me tbh) The way they dress, act and sing is the exact OPPOSITE of what I want in a role model for my daughter. Am I the only one who thinks like this???

MargotLovedTom1 Sat 21-Jan-17 15:35:58

No. I feel the same and I was just discussing it with my friend last night. My dd is 8 and is obsessed with them. Unfortunately I'm hard of hearing so hadn't been able to make out the lyrics - when I've looked at them on the insert of the latest CD they are absolute filth!

heedee Sat 21-Jan-17 21:10:32

So glad I'm not the only one! They must know that little girls listen to their 'music' (even if that isn't their intended audience)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now