Talk

Advanced search

DD would like me to buy her a musical 'score' for Christmas

(13 Posts)
Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 15:22:45

& I'm confused

Massively confused

I think ideally she would like Chicago, Westside Story or Lion King; but there are so many versions out there

What on earth do I buy?

Ohtobeskiing Tue 24-Nov-15 15:30:30

Try here depends if she wants piano score, vocal score etc etc.

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 15:32:42

OK so she is only getting one shock mind you the Frozen music was £15!!

I guess I don't really know what she wants blush but that looks good

GreenSand Tue 24-Nov-15 15:51:26

You need to know re vocal /piano / orchestral score.
Then you can narrow it down a bit.

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 16:01:32

Probably vocal I think - I wonder if she means an 'old' score actually from a show.......

It was supposed to be a surprise, but I guess I can turn the subject round

GreenSand Tue 24-Nov-15 16:34:31

Then your after, I'd suggest
WSS
maybe selection from LK Chicago

WWS is the most like a full musical score in that sense.

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 16:40:28

they look OK - I think I'll get LK, Chicago & in the Heights, & suggest she buys WSS with her birthday money wink

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 17:10:54

She saw in the heights last night & she says it was one of the best shows she has ever seen

GreenSand Tue 24-Nov-15 17:54:34

What about one score (in case we've guided you in the wrong direction) and a recording of the show

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 18:06:12

Sneaking suspicion she might have bought it at the theatre last night wink

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 18:06:57

I'm passing the scores past a teacher that has taught her - just to be sure (as I really don't have a clue!!)

DeoGratias Tue 24-Nov-15 18:56:32

As a child or teenager what I liked was something with the voice part plus the piano part so i could play the piano whilst I sang rather than the full orchestral score of something. As as adult singing in choirs if I want a score I would usually be similar with piano or organ below but showing all the voice parts. If I were a conductor I would want the full orchestral score (which she won't want or need) showing a line for violins, another for cellos etc etc

Katymac Tue 24-Nov-15 19:57:13

DeoGratias she is an 18yo studying a Trinity level 6 diploma in Musical Theatre.....hoping to become a triple threat on the West End Stage

With a mother that hardly has a clue!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now