Talk

Advanced search

music for treble recorder

(4 Posts)
PeanutButterOnly Tue 25-Nov-14 17:29:10

Can anyone recommend any sheet music/book for treble recorder, around grade 5-6. It's for me, wanting to resurrect my skills following a long gapsmile

Ferguson Tue 25-Nov-14 18:40:49

Probably the best place to start for music queries is the ABRSM.

This is a link to their exams section, and you should find lists of music used in the exams. So you may find suitable pieces there, and any ABRSM publications are usually reasonably priced.

Their Theory and Tuition books are also very useful.

gb.abrsm.org/en/our-exams/#

berceuse Tue 02-Dec-14 14:41:16

I did just this last year OP. When I decided I couldn't justify the cost of a new oboe although I have since spent £1200 on recorders confused.

I started with the Baroque Recorder Anthology, book 3 is for treble and billed as Grade 5-6. I also worked through '150 Classical Studies', Treble Recorder Technique by Alan Davies, The Modern Recorder Player by Hauwe and Advanced Recorder Technique by Helens/Bowman.

Some of the above was too easy but good practice. I do like technical studies though but they are not for everyone!

You can search by instrument on imslp.org for great free stuff which I do a lot of.

PeanutButterOnly Wed 03-Dec-14 23:31:01

Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now