Talk

Advanced search

Do you know any folk music similar to Bagpuss soundtrack?

(4 Posts)
carolinecordery Fri 05-Oct-12 00:04:12

I and my small ones love the Bagpuss soundtrack and would love to find something similar- traditional folk with whimsical little stories told in clear voices by school ma'am/ friendly old farmer uncle voices and tiny mice. If I can't find any specifically children's music like this, I'll be happy to just find some trad folk like this, fiddles and shanties... thanks!

MeFour Fri 05-Oct-12 00:15:01

Well for shanties try the fishermans friends

My favourites at the moment are the lost brothers, folk, but different to what you are looking for

CeilidhHayley Sat 10-Nov-12 07:40:50

The trouble is, most traditional folk music is quite dark, lyrically speaking (when not performed by adorable mice from the 70s). I suppose it reflects our history. I'm a huge fan of the stuff, but you have to listen to a lot of it as you would an album by Eminem or someone, cos by & large the themes are sex & violence.

Suggest some purely instrumental stuff to entertain the dcs.

TheSmallClanger Tue 13-Nov-12 13:28:57

Not folk music, but related -
Oliver Postgate and the man who did the music for his animations wrote a little opera based on The Clangers. I think it's still available.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: