Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A little bit old fashioned

(7 Posts)
Empusa Wed 27-Jul-11 21:39:51

Currently dancing along to Putting on the Ritz by Fred Astaire. Got Cab Calloway and The Andrews Sisters queued up.

Anyone else a fan of the more old fashioned stuff? I cannot get enough of it. Unfortunately DH doesn't share my love for it.

PS. I'm 28.

Pleb1969 Wed 27-Jul-11 22:36:42

mememememememememe! (and I'm 42 so have more of an excuse than you do) I love Ella Fitzgerald, all of the 'Rat Pack' (go and see the stage show if you can - you will love it!), Nat King Cole etc etc. My CD rack is full of golden oldies. You go girl!

Empusa Wed 27-Jul-11 22:37:52

I really want to!

upahill Wed 03-Aug-11 12:35:59

A bit different but when I was 12/13 I discovered music and got into Les Zeppelin and Deep Purple.
My mum was confused . She kept saying this is old stuff!!!

All my mates were into Ska and I had my own musical world seeking out Neil Young albums that no one wanted anymore!!

gallicgirl Thu 04-Aug-11 00:34:41

DD has posters of John Coltrane and Miles Davis on her bedroom wall. Totally my fault.

I love Neil Young and Carol King and listen to lots of old jazz standards.

AwesomePan Thu 04-Aug-11 00:45:57

Am a Kurt Weill head. The LP of his sung by Ute Lemper is a mainstay of mine.

As is the double LP of Ella Fitzgerald singing Cole Porter songs.

Once had trouble convincing a teenager that Kanye West's Diamonds Are Forever sample isactually a bit 'old'. grin

AwesomePan Thu 04-Aug-11 00:48:38

Empusa - I also have an LP of Fred Astaire singing all of the great old film/show songs. Night and Day ( I think a Cole Porter one) is poetically sublime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now