Talk

Advanced search

I bet no one can find this song for me

(8 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Sun 24-Jul-11 19:28:49

Right. This is a toughie.

Years ago - between 3 and 5 years ago maybe - I was watching Later with Jules Holland. He had a singer on and I loved her song and wated it on Youtube all the time. I am trying to remember what it was.

The woman was very striking - tall maybe? Definitely tall shoes - and I can't remember if she was black or oriental looking. I think Asian, actually.

It was a very kitch, quirky song. She stamped her feet a lot. She may have been wearing a blue catsuit. I have an idea of bright colours - highlighter bright and black. I think she had a high voice. Very kitch, modern, spacey... umm...

titferbrains Sun 24-Jul-11 19:34:46

sounds like the singing from 5th Element movie. Google it.

Istillfeelseventeen Sun 24-Jul-11 19:40:49

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/artists/b/.

Try this link. All later guests a-z

mushroomsandolives Sun 24-Jul-11 19:46:05

Was it CSS? YouTube let's make love and listen death from above CSS. She wears bright coloured catsuits!

allhailtheaubergine Sun 24-Jul-11 19:58:57

Not 5th Element.

Wow - that's a lot to check through seventeen shock. Have started trawling.

Not CSS (but I liked them though).

She started the sing doing that Tina Turnerish fast stamping marching to the music. And was really ott stylised. Maybe pink hair? Or Adam Ant style make-up?

allhailtheaubergine Sun 24-Jul-11 20:09:02

Oh my god I found it! Would you believe I found her using seventeen's loooooong list of everyone who has ever appeared on Jules Hollant grin. Her surname starts with a B thank god!

V V Brown - Crying Blood

allhailtheaubergine Sun 24-Jul-11 20:11:33

And here is the Jules Holland version - although my sound isn't working with that one.

So much for the blue catsuit! Ha ha.

mushroomsandolives Sun 24-Jul-11 20:32:34

Glad you found it! I saw that Jools Holland, but I'd never have remembered her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now