Talk

Advanced search

Foo fighters MK bowl

(12 Posts)
Stumbleine Mon 04-Jul-11 09:25:54

Anyone else go? What an amazing day! Biffy Clyro were fantastic too.

CaveMum Mon 04-Jul-11 11:03:54

We (4 of us) were there! T'was amazing!

Were you there Saturday or Sunday? We did Saturday - Alice Cooper man!

Stumbleine Mon 04-Jul-11 11:30:44

We were Saturday too. Couldn't believe it when Alice Cooper came on!
I am so battered and bruised though, am getting too old for it I reckon!

CaveMum Mon 04-Jul-11 13:27:44

We arrived late (just before Biffy Clyro came on) so were up on the rim. Still managed to get knocked about quite a bit by some of the more "refreshed" members of the crowd though ;)

TobyLerone Mon 04-Jul-11 13:31:20

Yep, I was there on Saturday with my children, boyfriend, friend and my mum. It was absolutely amazing! Worth the ticket prices for my daughter's face alone. And for my son telling me that when Alice Cooper came on, he was so excited he did a mini-sick grin

Stumbleine Mon 04-Jul-11 13:33:57

We were to stage left at the barrier. Loved all the Dave on the night camera stuff!

CaveMum Mon 04-Jul-11 13:57:39

Agreed, the night vision stuff was very funny!

I have to admit I was surprised by the wide variety of ages in the crowd. I saw families with small children and one older couple who we heard telling some other people that they were both 74 (they looked much younger) and had been to see Take That the night before!!!

qo Tue 05-Jul-11 18:22:07

I was there on sunday, it was the 2nd time I'd seen the but they totally blew me away - much better than last time I saw them, it was a total extravaganza!! Dave was drunk by the end, so funny and my god that man knows how to flirt with the crowd!!
It was something really special, I'll never forget it and am still on a high now!!

Didn't get into the inner pit, but was right up to the barrier behind it (bruised knees are a testament to this) so glad they had the walkout stage so that I did get a good upclose view as well.

I thought the security lads were fantatsic - sorting out any trouble right away and making sure the crush wasnt too bad, as well as being funny and jokey with us.

anyone else see "the crazy motherfucker in the boat" grin

I now plan to spend all my money following them round the world wink

maudpringle Tue 05-Jul-11 21:12:27

"Alice F*cking Cooper", still buzzing now - fantastic day

TobyLerone Wed 06-Jul-11 11:21:58

My boyfriend told me that I said "Alice Fucking Cooper" in my sleep on Sunday morning grin

Stumbleine Wed 06-Jul-11 22:09:50

grin Bless you!

LyraSilvertongue Fri 08-Jul-11 22:46:30

I was there with my boys (7+8). It was their first ever gig grin
it was my second time seeing the Foos and they were amazing as always. Dave Grohl is the most amazing frontman ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now