Talk

Advanced search

Lounge on the Farm, just bought tickets

(6 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Tue 28-Jun-11 22:04:18

Please tell me I'm not too old! Dd has a youth ticket (is 17) and can't get in without an adult. I've said we'll go in and camp separately of course! Anyone been? I love music, and will have at least one of my younger teens plus dd7 in tow, plus (reluctantly, but it'll do him good as he's getting old and boring too fast) dh. Please tell me there'll be other older people there too!!

Summerbird73 Tue 28-Jun-11 22:06:09

oo whats this then? where is it and who is playing? we are looking for a family friendly much more laid back version of glasto (with decent folky hippy music - so basically nothing like glasto now!) grin

goingmadinthecountry Tue 28-Jun-11 22:23:05

It's near Canterbury, 8th - 10th July. Apparently good food too. Ellie Goulding, Echo and the Bunnymen, Sean Hughes and other comedy bods..... Lots of folk, new bands etc.

Summerbird73 Wed 29-Jun-11 12:38:19

oo i love(d) Echo and the Bunnymen back in the day. May scout that out for next year.

And you will be an ever so cool mama! grin

goingmadinthecountry Sat 02-Jul-11 23:36:16

Had fun at the hop farm yesterday (Brian Ferry, Eagles, 10cc and the lovely Brandon Flowers so am ready for anything! Small tent ready to pick up from Argos and small gas cooker dug out from the shed. (Our tent's too big.) As long as there are other old people there so dh feels at home - me, I'm feeling 17 after seeing Hotel California performed live!!

Summerbird73 Mon 04-Jul-11 11:14:41

OMG i bet that was amazing. I love the Eagles and that song makes me go all goosebumpy! (along with Nights in White Satin but that is another band!)

Funnily enough i saw the write up of the Hop Farm fest this morning in the Metro and thought of you! glad you had a good time grin

and give DH a shake - if you are 17 then he has to be too wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now