Talk

Advanced search

People described in song that you would hide in nearby wheelie bins to avoid, were the description accurate.

(68 Posts)
snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 17:00:50

Listening to 'Little Wing' by Jimi Hendrix this afternoon, it occurred to me that a circus-minded girl who only ever thinks about butterflies and zebras
and moonbeams and fairy tales would Not Go Down Well At The School Gate.

Then again, DH thinks he may once have dated her.

Any more?

snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 20:39:25

That'll be just me then?

downbutnotout Tue 14-Jun-11 20:42:32

Not familiar with it, but often ponder that the woman described in "Where do you go to my lovely" sounds like a right silly cow.

BrokenBananaTantrum Tue 14-Jun-11 20:45:13

The woman in doo a diddy diddy walking along snapping her fingers and shuffling her feet. Sounds like a weirdo to me!

nicespam Tue 14-Jun-11 20:47:28

grin nice op

the the girl that walks like a pretty flamingo sounds quite frankly odd

issynoko Tue 14-Jun-11 20:48:29

BBT - that made me laugh. Ernie the fastest milkman in the west sounds like an odd ball. The brown girl in the ring who 'looks like a sugar in a plum' sounds kind of gritty.

downbutnotout Tue 14-Jun-11 20:48:56

And don't get me started on "The Man with the Child in his Eyes".

snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 20:49:55

God, yes, where do you go to my lovely. She'd go right in the coat cupboard at ours, with a sturdy padlock behind her.

This is just what I meant.

I mean, doo wah diddy in real life would probably lead to involuntary committment to professional care.

JasHands Tue 14-Jun-11 20:57:34

That person who is 'always a woman' to Billy Joel appears rather selfish. Don't think she'd be a good friend.

BrokenBananaTantrum Tue 14-Jun-11 20:58:04

grin
Def have to punch the woman in "where so you go to my lovely"

alemci Tue 14-Jun-11 20:58:45

what about that ghastly Maggie May who lead poor Rod away from home etc etc. He couldn't say no now could he?

snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 21:04:26

My other one is Beyonce, Crazy Right Now.

Don't worry, love no-one thinks you're a badass stalker with lyrics like:

"Touch on you more and more every time, when you leave I'm begging you not to go .... tennis shoes, don't even need to buy a new dress"

Yup, trainers and groping is the way to go. Every time.

BrokenBananaTantrum Tue 14-Jun-11 21:05:03

There are a couple in " a bat out if hell"
The man in the shadows with a gun in his eye shock
And the young man in the gutter who is starting to foam in the heat !

JasHands Tue 14-Jun-11 21:11:09

De de de de de de de de de de de de de DA - my baby just cares for me? Listen love, he's a stalker - get rid.

bufforpingtonchick Tue 14-Jun-11 21:12:22

The singer of 'big girls don't cry' sad I always feel a bit bullied when I hear that one. <weirdo>

BrokenBananaTantrum Tue 14-Jun-11 21:14:32

DH doesn't want to meet the maneater from the hall and oats song

KingofHighVis Tue 14-Jun-11 21:17:12

Sticking with Hendrix; how about Joe, who tells us that he is 'gonna shoot my baby , 'cause I caught her hanging around with another guy.'

HamburgerHelper Tue 14-Jun-11 21:17:30

The stalker from (Just My) Imagination by the Miracles. "Each day from my window I watch her as she passes by/I say to myself you're such a lucky guy/...but it was JUST MY IMAGINATION." Creepy.

MumblingRagDoll Tue 14-Jun-11 21:19:18

Minnie the Moocher sounds well dodgy.

She was a low down hoochy-Coocher you know.

And of course, that cowbag Jolene who knows she can take anyones man when she fancies....she sounds like a right pita.

snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 21:20:10

I'm starting to have a waking nightmare about meeting the embodiment of these lyrics someday - probably at my next job interview....

ROFL at Hey Joe - not an over-reaction at all. I intend to boil DH for failing to renew the car tax timeously.

CJCregg Tue 14-Jun-11 21:22:11

If I ever meet the woman who's been to paradise but never to me I will punch her fucking lights out grin

KingofHighVis Tue 14-Jun-11 21:23:57

Suzanne from the Leonard Cohen song - 'she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from china'. Nothing wrong with that you might say, well I wouldn't be so sure.

JasHands Tue 14-Jun-11 21:26:07

Those blokes in 'You're so vain' and 'Smooth Operator' - I've been out with both of them.

Wankers.

snigger Tue 14-Jun-11 21:26:30

KingofHighVis - exactly. What's wrong with a plate of mince and tatties? Poncey bitch.

KingofHighVis Tue 14-Jun-11 21:26:43

Billy Jean Nuff said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now