Talk

Advanced search

classical music fans...

(9 Posts)
juicychops Mon 30-May-11 21:43:19

i don't listen to classical music generally, but i do enjoy my pride and prejudice and the young victoria soundtracks

i esppecially like falling asleep to it in the evenings

any recommendations for a classical cd to try? something that is a mix of all different things

i like gentle soothing music as opposed to the more imposing, loud stuff

SecretNutellaFix Mon 30-May-11 21:47:22

That's the problem with compilations- there is often a mix of gentle stuff and more rousing pieces.

Have you an i-pod or something you can make your own compilation?

autobahnbismark Mon 30-May-11 21:55:24

My mum wanted a classical CD for her birthday and had pretty similar citeria. I bought her Classic FM Relaxation - The Ultimate Piano Chillout album. Naff name but it's quite good and she's been really pleased with it.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 21:56:57

i do have an ipod, but apart from my soundtracks, no classical cds so would have to buy a few in order to find some good tracks

SecretNutellaFix Mon 30-May-11 21:58:21

One of my favourites is The Classical Album 2009. It has some beautiful traditional Classics and some more modern stuff as well from soundtracks. The Choirboys rendition of tears in heaven is particularly beautiful.

juicychops Mon 30-May-11 21:59:33

ooo maybe il have a look for something along those lines. i also like string instruments

Primalscream Mon 30-May-11 22:07:26

Go for Schubert or Brahms

Katisha Mon 30-May-11 22:07:35

THere is tons of classical music on spotify if you want to try before you buy...

SecretNutellaFix Mon 30-May-11 22:07:47

you can often just buy particular tracks from i-tunes, can't you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: