Talk

Advanced search

Online shopping moan

(12 Posts)
hiddenhome2 Mon 28-Dec-15 21:36:13

I try to get the bags of cat litter, cat food, frozen products and any branded stuff online via Sainsburys. The only shop I visit is Lidl because they don't do online shopping. I used to put in an order once a fortnight.

The only problem is, they keep discounting their basics cat litter and it all sells out, so it means I have to go out to the shops sad hmm I can't afford Catsan.

They discount it roughly every 8 weeks and end up out of stock for around 10 days. Enough to disrupt my routine, disrupt my supply and cause anxiety (I'm obsessed with cat litter).

Just something very small can cause such inconvenience.

I haven't solved the problem yet.

Is Tesco online any good? I've heard bad things about their customer service and problems with ghost payments.

hiddenhome2 Wed 30-Dec-15 05:00:58

Okay, I have ordered 26 bags of cat litter from Sainsburys. This will last me a few weeks.

MrsLogicFromViz Wed 30-Dec-15 16:58:22

Do Amazon sell litter via their 'Subscribe and Save' scheme? I know that they're trying to corner the home grocery market on the UK. Catsan is really pricey though, I agree.

PolterGoose Wed 30-Dec-15 17:53:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hiddenhome2 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:38:08

I've shopped around the the basics cat litter is the best price. It's a good product and is £1.50 a bag.

Allofaflumble Thu 31-Dec-15 18:53:22

Is the basics litter the really heavy kind Hidden. I buy 2 X bags of Sainsburys lite. Its very similar to Catsan. £4.00 a bag so a saving of 2-3 on Catsan.

Once I bought that World's best. Spent nearly £40 on a bag! (Fool) but I was sold on the idea if being able to flush it away.

The cat stopped going in the tray. After a couple of days I discovered he'd been relieving himself on a pile of laundry upstairs! :D

This cat has cost me a fortune!

hiddenhome2 Thu 31-Dec-15 18:57:49

Lol, at you spending all that on that cat litter grin

The one I buy is lightweight. I love it as it works really well and it's affordable. I can't be doing with the fullers earth stuff. It weighs a ton and is really claggy <genuine Geordie word> grin

PolterGoose Thu 31-Dec-15 19:00:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hiddenhome2 Thu 31-Dec-15 21:02:31

Ha, ha, mine go outside to play, come inside and use their tray, then go back outside again confusedgrin

Allofaflumble Fri 01-Jan-16 00:39:18

Yeah mine has a sniff and a stroll around the garden and then comes in to use the tray.

Sadly he has kidney disease so drinks loads and pees loads so getting through a lot of litter these days.

MrsLogicFromViz Fri 01-Jan-16 14:09:18

Both of my moggies excrete outside. That said, my youngest cat was a Cats' Protection adoptee and defecated on my pillow the morning after we brought her home and on my bed a couple of months later. She hasn't done it since, but I'm always chucking her off of our bed.

BFloru Tue 13-Nov-18 18:29:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »