Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

Summer Holiday Swap - likes/dislikes

(18 Posts)
BexieID Thu 24-Jul-08 10:41:09

Thought i'd start a thread. The only smellies I like are coconut, sea minerals/spa and the Imperial Leather chinesey ones. I don't like candles. I love Galaxy hazelnut choc and pretty much any other choc, lol.

Fav colours are purple, turquoise, black, silver, white, magenta and yellow.

nappyaddict Thu 24-Jul-08 11:27:25

ok i like chocolate and alcohol haha ... i love butterscotch green and blacks, those seashell chocs and ferrero rochers. no dark choc or anything with a flavour like strawberry/coffee etc.i especially baileys (all varieties), kahula, choc liquer, amaretto, malibu, flavoured vodka (have tried and like cherry, apple, raspberry, lemon, blackcurrant, mandarin, citrus, vanilla)

i love the smell of coconut, chocolate, strawberry, raspberry but no candles please or body/hair stuff if it is perfumed unless it is organic. i'm allergic to chemical fragrances.

i like browns, reds, purples, greens, blues, turqouises. I like the author Cecilia Aheme (i have ps i love you and a place called here though) also the C4 cook yourself thin book which i still haven't bought myself lol.

i like justin timberlake, the hoosiers, the plain white t's, timbaland, rihanna, nelly furtado etc.

i like funky chunky bracelets (i love big beads but i have just lost my fave silver cuff bracelet if my swapper sees one anywhere. this is a cuff bracelet incase you're not sure what i mean), belts, bags (i especially like big brown and white bags for the summer) and also i like biiiiiig sunglasses etc. i don't like matching sets of jewellery. oh i really need a new pair of silver dangly earrings. i like the long dangly ones iykwim - not the hoopy sort. oh and i like those long head scarf things. like [[http://www.topbutton.com/blog/blogitem.aspx?PostId=315&Title=Nicole%20Richie%20Rocks%20Head%20Scar ves this if you don't know what i'm talking about.

on the beach theme in BHS there's a really nice towel i like in the sale but i'm not sure how much for. it's turquoise/pink i think with an ice cream cone on it.

i hope i've given my swapper enough ideas grin

nappyaddict Thu 24-Jul-08 11:32:23

oh dear not sure what happened there. this should be the link now

nappyaddict Thu 24-Jul-08 11:33:18

oh and this is a cuff bracelet.

gingernutlover Thu 24-Jul-08 13:26:32

i am off to france twice this summer, once to disney and once to nice so french phrase book would be great

also enjoy reading so anything silly and girly to read by the pool much appreciated

oh, lost my sun hat last year too, it was the woven type with a big brim and I would love another

have lots of sarongs and flip flops already, but love beady jewellry or silver, turquiose, blue, green or brown good too.

i dont wear earrings though

wheelybug Thu 24-Jul-08 15:18:37

Hmm well I'm off on hols on sunday so suspect it might be a bit late for holiday items but I love reading, flowery/summery hair bits, smellies (not lush preferably), chocolate (not convinced this is summery but heigh ho !), um um um - can't think... Have 1 dd who is 3.5 if that's of any interest...

davidtennantsmistress Thu 24-Jul-08 16:49:58

hmm, well i'm not off anywhere and am pretty relaxed about what I like - but please this time nothing choccy. maybe fruity summery, cool. but nothing pink frillies and girlie, (apparently DS playing with my lip balms is one step too far! so nothing that XH could see as 'damaging for the boy to grab hold of! lol)

BexieID Thu 24-Jul-08 18:00:41

Oh, jewellery wise I can only wear sterling silver/silver/gold/titanium. I do have peirced ears and wear prescription glasses, meaning i'm too blind for normal sunglasses. I have prescription goggles for swimming, lol.

I am a size 7 for shoes, but that can be a bit of a mare sometimes, as I got some lovely summery ones from Asda that were ok when I tried them on, but were too tight when I actually wore them, lol.

BexieID Thu 24-Jul-08 18:03:20

Oh, I also love the Starburst/Skittles lip balms in Claires. If my person happens to be an Avon rep, I really need another one of their detangling combs, mine have gone AWOL and my local Boots don't seem to have them.

MarsLady Thu 24-Jul-08 18:07:16

I don't like coconut in any form.

I love bright colours and am pretty relaxed about whatever you want to get me.

Jamie Foxx
Clive Owen
Justin Timberlake
Tyson Beckford
Wesley Snipes
Blair Underwood

ooh but I digress! grin

nappyaddict Thu 24-Jul-08 23:34:33

wow starburst lip balms sound fab. btw bexie thought any more about the zooper

BexieID Fri 25-Jul-08 08:56:06

I think the Zooper will be too heavy. I need something that is 7-8 kgs due to my bad wrist after falling down some stairs carrying the mahoosive travel system!

I go away on sunday, so can my person either delay sending mine till after saturday 9th August or send it to my mums please?

magicmummy Fri 25-Jul-08 17:48:25

I am going away in 1 week and will return on 16th Aug.
Can my swapper delay sending till I return, unless they are super organised and want to send for me to receive by Fri 1st Aug.
Thanks grin
As for ideas, I like real life tearjerker type books, I use itunes, I LOVE Lindor Chocolate (the one in the red wrappers), erm, don't know what else to suggest.

freya2006 Sun 27-Jul-08 00:08:49

i pretty much like everything except dark choclate

xx

mistressmiggins Mon 28-Jul-08 18:59:52

I dont like candles (more of a shower girl than bath)
Thats it really.

tortoise Tue 29-Jul-08 22:04:42

I am really unorganised with this swap!

I don't like candles or Lavender. And NO chocolate please. I have gall stones and have to eat fat free food or very low fat. Some sweets are ok, just need to check fat content.

Likes erm..
Most other things! I do need some new flip flops (size 8) and would love a sarong thing for on the beach. Size 14-16 if need a size for them lol! smile

2point4kids Thu 31-Jul-08 09:17:44

I like most things!
Love books and trashy mags grin and fashiony bits (necklaces, belts etc) size 10 ish
Have 2 ds's age 2.10 and 5 months if that helps!

champs Tue 05-Aug-08 16:17:26

Here's the received swap thread!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now