Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

New Spanx garment, wrong size but unreturnable - anyone made a similar mistake and want to swap?

(13 Posts)
DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 14:09:45

I've just bought one of those Spanx bodysuit things from Figleaves. It's this one. But it is a bit too big (I got XL but I should have gone for L). Problem is, you cannot exchange them once pack has been opened [grr], and I cannot afford to write off the 55 pounds I spent. shock

Just wondered if anyone has made the opposite mistake and needs an XL, but has a new size L to swap? Mine has been worn for approx 25 seconds, all tags are attached and basically, it's brand new.

Deeply sorry for posting in wrong section but the Swap Shop seems to have vanished.

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 14:12:42

i think theyd have to return it if a seam came undone or a hook broke wink immoral i know but £55shock

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 14:18:18

Ooh, I never thought of that.

It is tempting because tbh, I think it is really unfair to say you cannot return once pack is opened. I mean, people must buy the wrong size all the time (I was right on the border between sizes so had to gamble). And it's not harmed the garment in any way, me trying it on (I kept my underwear on, I hasten to add). It's just like trying on a swimsuit. FFS. angry

[contemplates fraud]

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 14:19:56

im not a spanx fraudster but i gree it is n expensive thing not to be able to return.

FabioUnblogged Sat 19-Jul-08 14:21:50

If you wash it on the wrong setting, or tumble dry it a bit, will it shrink?

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 14:35:02

I'd be worried it would just ruin it without actually shrinking it in a useful way, IYSWIM...

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 14:36:50

(and I don't have a dryer)

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 21:01:17

bumping...

[weeps at having lost £55 and still looking fat]

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 21:12:50

is there a helpline number you could fone them and tell them a seam is coming undone or a fastener has cracked beforeit actually happened if they said you could return it .....

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 21:26:24

hey there windygales, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I could ring Figleaves with a story of some sort. Thing is, garment is pretty much fastener-free, just pulls on in one big elasticated whoosh. Hard to think of a plausible fault it could have.

DorotheaPlenticlew Sat 19-Jul-08 21:27:52

Wondering if I could reseal the pack with an iron, melting the open edges of the plastic bag back together ...

Really wish I wasn't having to spend so much time on this - I am aware it is trivial.

onepieceoflollipop Sat 19-Jul-08 21:29:56

Their policy is trivial imo, not your current predicament. Try very carefully re the packaging, guess you have nothing to lose.

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 23:01:24

i think you should ring them up tbh and see what they say if they are going to be sketchy on their sizing and then dispute returns ......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now