Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for members who want to be a part of organised swaps with other members. If you are a small business there is a Small Business classified topic here

Summer Holiday Swap - SIGN UP!!

(74 Posts)
champs Wed 16-Jul-08 15:16:06

Hi all!
here's guidelines for this swap:

1. To be included email your details (including your mumsnet name, postal address, and how you want your parcel addressed - Some people don't want to reveal their real name to us, others don't want to reveal their Mumsnet name to their family. If in doubt, just put "the mumsnetter" ) to mnswaps at yahoo dot co dot uk -- replace at with @ and dot with .
No need to resend if I have your details already, unless you have moved/changed details.
2. If you have any dislikes/allergies etc, please let me know. I?ll include it on your details so your swapee can avoid getting you something you can't use or will hate.
3. You must be signed up by Sunday 20 July. I will send you your swapee details on Monday 21 July.
Please note...who you are sending to is NOT who is sending to you. Its all muddled up.
4. You must post your gift out so that it will get to your swapee by Monday 11 August.

5. You must send by at least Second class Recorded delivery, Sorry if this seems drastic but we?ve had a fair few ?no shows? so this way everyone can be reassured that packages can be tracked if lost.

6. If you are unable to get your gift out but have signed up please let me know or you may be excluded from further swaps!!!
7. Please do not put your name on your gift, you can put a return address if you want, but the guessing won't be much fun if you put your name. You can leave a clue though as that adds to the fun smile
8. The theme for this month's swap is Summer Holiday
9. The budget for gifts this month is from £5 - £10. You are welcome to go over the budget, but please do not expect anyone else to!

Because we seem to have more fun guessing when our gifts arrive, you can start guessing as soon as you get them. Swappers may then disclose their identities if they so wish!!

Important!!!
This swap is for new and unused items please keep tags attached to the gifts, prices can be removed.

If you have any probs whatsoever please do email me as most things can be sorted out quickly and amicably before they flare up

A BIG thanks to all of you who keep swaps fun xxx

fryalot Wed 16-Jul-08 15:18:34

I'm a bit financially embarrassed at the moment, so will bow out of this one, but can you email me for the next one, when hopefully things will be looking up?

ta.

smile

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 15:19:27

taken names from last thread

Marslady
davidtennantsmistress
missblythe
freya2006
champs

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 15:20:21

hiya squonk!! no probs.

hyow's the fam?

fryalot Wed 16-Jul-08 15:23:10

all fine, thank you.

Dp sort of lost his job, so he's a bit down, but ok. Kids all ok and looking forward to summer holidays.

How's your lot?

wheelybug Wed 16-Jul-08 15:31:25

oh go on then (I always say each one is my last). Am away though for much of this time so unless I get my swap details soon after 21st I will be posting late if thats ok.

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 15:53:08

squonk everyone's good here.... ds3 having a tiizy cos he doesn't want to put the lego awayhmm

LOL wheelybug dont resist just enjoy

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 15:53:40

forgot to say, sorry to hear about dh's job!!

BexieID Wed 16-Jul-08 15:59:55

grin I might be late sending out too as i'm down at my mums and off to Bournemouth, but hopefully be able to get some good stuff for the swap, lol.

PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 16:00:23

Squonk sad for dh

yes please to swap, I am away 26th or a fortnight so will need to get mine posted early

magicmummy Wed 16-Jul-08 17:11:21

Count me in smile
Am away from 2/8 for 2 weeks so might not be here to receive mine, but will collect from post office on return from hols. ta

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 17:33:53

how jealous am I of all these hollidays!!!

where's everyone going to? abroad or uk?

nappyaddict Wed 16-Jul-08 18:11:06

can we make the received date a bit later. say the 18th?

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 16-Jul-08 18:15:04

Can I join in?

prettymum Wed 16-Jul-08 18:22:02

i keep missing swaps!! so definately sign me up for this one please smile

PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 19:25:03

champs- a week in weymouth followed immediately by a week in sansdy balls (Gawd I love that name tee hee) camping

magicmummy Wed 16-Jul-08 19:48:58

2 weeks in Gran Canaria - can't wait grin

2point4kids Wed 16-Jul-08 20:00:56

Can I join please?
Have mailed smile

mistressmiggins Wed 16-Jul-08 20:04:14

yes please - seem to have missed the last few and the last one I did was a crafty heart thingy which is still hanging in my conservatory

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 20:22:37

ooo lovely destinations!! Bet the households are excited.

New Deadline will be the 18th

MarsLady Wed 16-Jul-08 20:50:23

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tortoise Wed 16-Jul-08 20:53:33

Count me in! grin
Doesn't look like we will be going away sad so i can post on time!

champs Wed 16-Jul-08 22:21:51

haaaaaa!! did you wanna join in then marsy??

hiya tortoise!! we can throw candy floss at the meanies.. er i mean holidaying swappers!!

PeachyBAHons Thu 17-Jul-08 09:43:28

Excited yes

Looking forwards to trying to pack enough things for a 14 week old baby for a fortnight into a bag tiny enough to fit in the car with the other 5 of us?

erm, eeeeeek

davidtennantsmistress Thu 17-Jul-08 16:35:44

YAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! please!

no idea what to get thou any thoughts for this one guys?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now