Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

UK MNer who celebrates Christmas? Take our survey - £100 voucher to be won

(68 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Jul-18 10:56:46

We know you're probably thinking about summer holidays, long evenings in beer gardens and (hopefully) some UK sun, but some people are starting to think about Christmas (yes, really!)

This survey is open to all UK Mumsnetters who celebrate Christmas in some way (religious or commercial).

All who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £100 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply.

FlippertyJibbit Mon 02-Jul-18 11:14:09

Done, thanks!

Soubriquet Mon 02-Jul-18 11:35:18

All done

Nanasueathome Mon 02-Jul-18 11:40:30

Done. Thank you

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 02-Jul-18 12:22:14

Done! Got me all excited about Christmas!!

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 02-Jul-18 12:23:16

Done fgrin

HeartshapedFox Mon 02-Jul-18 13:00:48

Done!

MrWriter Mon 02-Jul-18 13:02:36

Done

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Mon 02-Jul-18 13:29:57

Done. I was starting to think about Christmas this week with all the sales that are popping up. Although tbh I’m always thinking about it.

ipswichwitch Mon 02-Jul-18 14:26:11

Done (ho ho ho!!)

TeenTimesTwo Mon 02-Jul-18 18:02:36

What if you are retired with a private pension?

SparkwoodAnd21 Mon 02-Jul-18 19:59:03

Done!

Craftypuss Mon 02-Jul-18 20:30:47

Done!

puddock Tue 03-Jul-18 10:52:24

Done! I wish there had been a 3rd book-as-a-gift option, as although I wouldn't want to receive "bestselling fiction book" or "bestselling celeb biog" at all, I would be delighted with lots of other types of book.

Figmentofimagination Tue 03-Jul-18 13:16:28

Done

bunbunny Tue 03-Jul-18 17:20:44

I thought the list of 'traditional gifts' was incredibly limited and pretty sexist... sorry. And lots of the things I would find myself really upset if I'd been bought the latest celeb book because there was a big display in the bookshop and they had a sticker on saying this did well in a mumsnet poll, rather than getting a book that would be something I'd really enjoy.

But there are loads of things that I would prefer to have more than any of the things on that list - something for my hobby for example (photography and art), new technology (new phone/tablet/kindle/etc), a new game (both computer game and board game!), a magazine subscription, something useful/practical for the house/kitchen/garden, something nice to have/long wanted to have for the house/kitchen/garden, experiences (travel, theatre or cinema tickets, eating out, pamper session, adventure session, lessons, etc),

If you only ask about such a limited selection of things, even though you may have the best of intentions, you just know that the headline writers are going to say that mumsnet readers just want <something very traditionally 'female boring present' off the list> - whereas if you had a bigger list with a few more general options whereas if you included some more general items too or allowed people to add one of their own, then you might have had something that many women who don't want yet another candle/etc would thank you for!

Also I love the run up to Christmas but then stop feeling festive about a week or so beforehand - it's all got too much, been around for too long, the decorations are looking dusty, the shelves are being cleared for the sales and easter eggs in stores, there's a lot of work to be squashed into a little time and you know it all comes down to you.

zeeboo Tue 03-Jul-18 18:57:33

I agree with the poster above me. It was a typically Mumsnet Yummy Mummy list of fripperies.
I understand that you can't list everything but surely 'clothes' 'something for your hobby' 'books or TVs of your preferred genre'

AtSea1979 Tue 03-Jul-18 21:33:32

Done
So many things missed though.
Throw away or regift yet charity shop not mentioned until end.
Christmas Eve box because it keeps them busy. Why not just because they like them. Elf on the shelf to spy, behaviour etc why not just because they like them and it’s magic?
How much do I spend on them but no mention of how much do other people spend on them. I spend quite a lot because I’m a single parent and they get nothing else. Others might spend same amount and have two sets of GPs and uncles and aunts etc who all buy lots.

jo10000 Tue 03-Jul-18 21:48:13

Done

CanineEnigma Tue 03-Jul-18 22:00:09

How much do I spend on them but no mention of how much do other people spend on them.

Presumably because it's the spending habits of active mumsnetters that the survey creator is interested in?

BlackeyedSusan Tue 03-Jul-18 22:16:36

why did I have to answer about partner buyin gunderwear when I am single?

NerosFiddle Tue 03-Jul-18 22:46:36

Done

AtSea1979 Tue 03-Jul-18 23:05:36

blackeyed same. There was no NA option. Some of the questions should have had an ‘other’ option.

TellMeItsNotTrue Wed 04-Jul-18 00:11:56

Done fgrin

playinthedarkness Wed 04-Jul-18 09:09:17

Done, but felt some of the questions were aiming for a specific target audience and I’m not that audience grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: