Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

MNers with at least 1 child? Very short survey - £50 voucher to be won!NOW CLOSED

(33 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Mar-17 11:01:32

We've got a very quick survey for you to answer - please complete the questions and add your details at the end if you'd like to be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 voucher for John Lewis. All data will be kept confidential.

The survey is open to all UK MNers with at least one child. Please click here to take the survey.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw,

MNHQ

Boofeckinghoo Mon 27-Mar-17 12:24:23

Hi Poppy

There's something up with the survey. Two responses ('None of these' and 'Don't know ') categories are in the brand list. This will obviously affect over all results.

PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Mar-17 13:21:19

Thanks for pointing that out Boofeckinghoo - very helpful!

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Mon 27-Mar-17 14:30:53

Can't fill it in because it is nonsense. 'A brand that enchants you?' Wtf?
There are no options for negative views of any of the brands. There needs to be an option for 'I buy it because it's the cheapest' or 'I but it when it's on offer', especially for the more functional brands on the list.

Jooni Mon 27-Mar-17 15:12:33

Agreed. WTF kind of options are those?! I was asked about a load of brands I'd just indicated that I've never even used too.

Leatherboundanddown Mon 27-Mar-17 15:19:42

Wtaf is this?! Worst survey ever. How can any meaningful data come from this at all?

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Mon 27-Mar-17 15:31:27

Thank goodness it wasn't just me. I thought I'd missed something.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Mon 27-Mar-17 15:47:35

That's absolutely hilarious nonsense. Fortunately it allows you to leave them all unticked if none of them apply.

RifRafia Mon 27-Mar-17 20:54:03

What an odd survey, is it for someone's GCSE business studies course work or something, as it surely cannot have been designed by an actual grown up...

Thesunrising Mon 27-Mar-17 22:43:58

Also it asks for contact information without stating why they want your email address (apart from the obvious of getting in touch to say you've won the voucher), what mailing lists you'll end up being on, or any reassurance that email address won't be passed on to marketing companies etc.

PickAChew Mon 27-Mar-17 23:10:01

A few blanks here.

The email address is only ever used by mumsnet to contact you if you win the draw, sunrising. Been doing these for years and never received spam, as a result.

PickAChew Mon 27-Mar-17 23:10:54

If you win, MN contact you to ask for further contact details and permission to pass them on to receive your prize.

FeelingSmurfy Mon 27-Mar-17 23:31:06

Done

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Mon 27-Mar-17 23:43:27

Yes standard MN survey rules are pretty good - I've never caught them selling my details on unless I actively ticked the box marked "please pass my details on" which wasn't on this survey I think, probably because it's so many different companies.

mellicauli Mon 27-Mar-17 23:49:31

A brand that enchants you? Really????

SasBel Tue 28-Mar-17 09:58:38

Ah yes, ELC, that Enchanting Little Company.....

Fredella Tue 28-Mar-17 10:03:51

Ridiculous questions!

Purplehonesty Tue 28-Mar-17 11:20:32

Strange survey and options but done! Left those blank where none of the options applied

merlottime Tue 28-Mar-17 11:23:11

This is the worst survey I've ever been asked to complete, it is so unbalanced. I would have preferred a wider range of brand responses, including 'I wouldn't touch this brand with a barge pole' or 'I use it but wont' admit to it'.

ohfourfoxache Tue 28-Mar-17 14:22:02

Done

But I have to tell you, the options are some of the wankiest I've ever seen - "enchants you"? Seriously?

Would love to know what these answers are going to be used for; product placement in the next Disney film? grin

Jennyizzyjoe Tue 28-Mar-17 19:13:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gaaahhhh Tue 28-Mar-17 19:24:56

I find the new Zelda enchanting...does that mean Nintendo is enchanting!!?

pleasestopsnoring Tue 28-Mar-17 19:29:22

The only one that does anything for me is Sky, which is keep ds entertained
None of them enchant, flex, grab or are attentive
Waitrose is attentive because it gives me free coffee, that makes me happy.
I would have said the co-op was true to their beliefs until I bought some fair trade chocolate that was in a non recyclable packaging, and then I was confuled (easily done though)

BathshebaDarkstone Tue 28-Mar-17 21:19:01

Done!

LadyDisick Tue 28-Mar-17 23:18:19

Done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now