Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

UK MNer with at least one child? Complete a short survey - chance to win £50 NOW CLOSED

(14 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Mar-17 12:07:21

Later this year, we'll be publishing a brand new Mumsnet book which will look at how to tackle common childhood infestations and horrors, and will share the wisdom of Mumsnetters who have looked after children with nits and other nasties and lived to tell the tale.

To help celebrate this new book, we'd love to hear about your own take on specific parenting issues - this survey is open to all UK MNers with at least one child.

Everyone who shares their views in the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £50 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list) plus a copy of the book (when published).

Here's the link again: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RC6ZY7Y
Thanks
MNHQ

FeelingSmurfy Wed 08-Mar-17 15:40:16

I don't think children or parents should be named and shamed because it's not the child's fault if their parents won't sort out their nits, and they are the one who will be punished by this. It is unlikely to make the parent do it if they aren't currently, it's generally pretty obvious who the repeat offender is anyway, but if could lead to bullying and/or parents telling their children not to play with infected child or excluding them from birthday parties

I have never heard of breastmilk for conjunctivitis shock

I have entered with this username but I'm currently just swapped back to it because of the smurfs around MN, does it matter which username you use as I will probably be back to my other one when this ends

Girliefriendlikesflowers Wed 08-Mar-17 21:40:14

Yes not keen on shaming the child for having nits hardly their fault.

Cockadoodledooo Thu 09-Mar-17 21:11:56

Done. Definitely bring back the nit nurse - I remember ours well, she rejoiced in the name of Nurse Crawley grin

BackforGood Fri 10-Mar-17 23:49:15

Have abandoned it, as it was too tricky - what are you supposed to do if you've not encountered all the 'challenges'? How can you rank them 1 - 10?
How can you compare 'worst', if something happened once, with one child, but another thing happened many, many times over several years, with different dc?
Re 'other parents' - in most cases you wouldn't know, but the question seems to imply "many parent" - I'm reading it as 'parents on the whole' but it's open to interpretation
The 'Nits' questions look like they have been written by the Daily Mail

I do hope you are not going to bring out a book and claim "Mumsnetters think...." as a result of these questions shock

MeerkatOnMyWall Mon 13-Mar-17 21:37:27

Who wrote this? Breast milk in the eye to treat conjunctivitis?

MeerkatOnMyWall Mon 13-Mar-17 21:37:59

Is it a wonder cure? Never heard of it.

ladyglittersparkle Tue 14-Mar-17 08:40:48

MEERKAT it definitely works. I couldn't believe it when the midwife told me about it, but it cleared my DD conjunctivitis up in 2 days when we'd been struggling with it for over a week. Not sure how it works so well but it does

wonkylegs Tue 14-Mar-17 14:23:36

I'm a little uncertain about the phrasing of the question - yes it's difficult to juggle minor infectious ailments and working but you've got D&V & Chickenpox (which are definite no nos for going to school / nursery) next to a cold & nits (which can be treated but may not be eradicated first time) which although not nice are less likely to be dangerous to someone else's health.

PickAChew Tue 14-Mar-17 22:50:22

I tried it, but it didn't work - clicking the n/a box on one of the responses to the very first question reset the order of the responses I'd already chosen and then just checked n/a at random, starting from the bottom!

Windows 10, latest firefox, btw. Pic is after a few clicks of various n/a at the bottom of the list. If I pick one form higher in the list, the ones highlighted blue randomly change confused

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-Mar-17 20:31:20

PickAChew - I just tried it and it's fine - but do leave that one blank if it doesn't work for you. Might be just a glitch?

boo2410 Fri 24-Mar-17 07:03:56

I too second breastmilk for conjunctivitis. When the health visitor told me this I though she was bonkers but thought I'd give it a try. Few days later it had gone. Who'd have thought about doing this? I certainly wouldn't.

Originalfoogirl Tue 04-Apr-17 22:10:35

I've never had to worry about any of these apart from the sickness! Guess I'm fortunate only to have to deal with disability stuff and not all these yucky childhood things!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 07-Apr-17 17:37:37

Thanks everyone - Laurane2102 wins the £50 voucher and book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now