Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

MNer with a child? Complete this survey on Halloween and you could win a £50 voucher! NOW CLOSED

(35 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Sep-16 14:36:38

We at MNHQ would like to find out your thoughts about Halloween.

This survey is open to all Mumsnetters with at least one child, whether you celebrate Halloween or not.

Click here to complete the survey

Everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter will win a £50 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

Insight T&Cs apply

rackhampearl Fri 23-Sep-16 14:47:14

Done smile

FeelingSmurfy Fri 23-Sep-16 23:31:14

Done

pieceofpurplesky Sat 24-Sep-16 09:46:48

Done.
Wondering/wandering. I know iabu but just had to point it out. grin

OdinsLoveChild Sat 24-Sep-16 12:09:54

Done, but I've given you my other email (which I reserve for household unimportant stuff like my shopping delivery) rather than Mumsnet one by mistake. sad

onitlikeacarbonnet Sat 24-Sep-16 12:38:40

Done chocolate

DancingOnMyOwn Sat 24-Sep-16 17:11:32

Done

DinosaursRoar Sat 24-Sep-16 19:32:05

Done - nice reminder we've got all the regular grumpy threads about to start!

After that people with dogs who think Bon fire night needs banning

Then "someone down my street has their Christmas decorations up in November!"

RiverTam Sat 24-Sep-16 19:37:21

Done, but I think you should have included something about only going to houses that are decorated.

TheScottishPlay Sat 24-Sep-16 19:49:16

Done. It's not 'Trick or Treat' here though. We go guising after carving neep (turnip) lanterns.

Mycatsabastard Sat 24-Sep-16 22:20:57

I agreed to host a halloween party about 10 years ago. DD1 was 8, DD2 was 1.

Agreed DD1 could invite 15 friends to the house. I cleared every bit of furniture out of the living room and decorated it, full of webs and skeletons. I got a pinata and rammed it full of sweets. We had a huge pot of custard in the kitchen which they had to come in and put their hand in to find a coin (the door was shut and they had to pretend to yell in pain so the next kids would think it was hot). We had apple bobbing and picking sweets out of flour.

In total we ended up with over 30 kids in the flat. The pinata was a great success and once it was bust open they basically spent the next hour throwing sweets about and then scrambling about for them. Bloody brilliant night it was grin

altik Sun 25-Sep-16 11:27:59

Done and agree with River Tam. Round here, it is a big thing and people only go to houses that are decorated... that changes everything!

Metellaestinhortobibit Sun 25-Sep-16 12:33:58

Agree with Tam too. We only visit homes we know and that are decorated.
DCs dress up as things like cats/pumpkins, nothing gruesome or intimidating.
Our decorations and treats are taken in at 8pm and lights off (because this is when the DCs go to bed and I can't do bedtime and answer the door at the same time!)

kimmy726 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:09:38

Done

museumum Sun 25-Sep-16 20:23:35

Done but had to translate "trick or treat" into "guising"

Pumpkinmoon Sun 25-Sep-16 20:23:44

Done 🎃

MarriedinMaui Sun 25-Sep-16 21:08:30

Done. I never understood why people go on about Halloween being too "American". It was the Irish who took it over there in the first place.

ipswichwitch Sun 25-Sep-16 22:15:45

Done. I'm a bit gutted its on a Monday this year. I love decorating the house and playing a few games before trick or treating, but since DS1 will be at school that limits our time somewhat.

DropZoneOne Sun 25-Sep-16 22:41:56

Done. Like PP have said, where I live now, kids only go to decorated houses and it all seems to be over by 8pm, pumpkin comes in, outside light goes out, door is no longer answered.

LotisBlue Sun 25-Sep-16 23:28:36

Yy to only going to decorated houses - we take ours down when the kids go to bed.

sianihedgehog Mon 26-Sep-16 11:51:53

I moved to a new house last year and this street loves Halloween, I'm delighted!! I can't wait until my boy is old enough to go trick or treating. smile

nerysw Mon 26-Sep-16 18:31:53

Done.

BicycleMadeForTwo Mon 26-Sep-16 23:18:25

Done 👻

LynseyH Tue 27-Sep-16 10:58:24

Done but added a number on to my MN user name...baby brain!! Email is correct though :-)

YesILikeItToo Tue 27-Sep-16 12:39:44

I couldn't get through it because of the focus on trick or treating, questions didn't all make sense for guising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now