Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

UK MNer and a parent? Complete a survey about baby names and you could win a £50 voucher! NOW CLOSED

(23 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-Jun-16 16:48:52

To coincide with the ONS (Office for National Statistics) annual list of most popular baby names, MNHQ would like to hear your views on the names you chose for your children and if you've had any regrets about them at all.

This survey is open to all Mumsnetters who have at least one child, and should only take a few minutes to complete.

Everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter will win a £50 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Please click here to complete the survey.

Thank you and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ

Standard T&Cs Apply

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Wed 15-Jun-16 17:34:52

Done. One of my DC likes her names, the other is too young to say, but there was no option for this so I put that they both liked their names.

I sometimes wish I had given them both an extra middle name, but there wasn't anywhere to put this in the survey.

Sierra259 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:32:59

Done.

falgelednl Wed 15-Jun-16 19:11:57

Done. I love all my children's names as they have special meanings but I do wish I had given my daughters my maiden name as an extra middle name - as I did with my son who is the youngest.
There was nowhere to say anything about this - or anything positive about names.

foxessocks Wed 15-Jun-16 20:21:33

Done

WhizzPopper Wed 15-Jun-16 21:11:36

Like cutyourhair I regret not adding an additional middle name but there want anywhere to reflect this.

RiverTam Thu 16-Jun-16 09:25:18

Done. I don't regret DD's name but I have since discovered it's very popular (though not particularly where we are) and many MNers are very rude about it, so I hope DD doesn't meet any of them in RL!

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 16-Jun-16 11:29:08

Hi everyone, thanks for completing the survey and for your feedback. We have now added a comment box at the end of the survey so further thoughts about the names you chose for your children can be added, but there's no need to go back if you've already done it smile

Raines100 Thu 16-Jun-16 12:26:42

Done. Didn't realise it was going to be about regretting your choice of names. I don't so didn't have much to say!

KKuta9598 Thu 16-Jun-16 12:44:53

Done. I made sure to give my daughter a timeless, familiar name and resisted the current fashion of choosing ultra unique names that are ultra hard to spell or pronounce (Da'isha anyone?)

NaraDeer Thu 16-Jun-16 17:04:43

Done.

lovelilies Thu 16-Jun-16 18:49:39

Done

Baileycakes Thu 16-Jun-16 20:25:28

Done

RubySparks Fri 17-Jun-16 08:32:53

Done, I don't regret their names but DD would have preferred a different name that we considered!

BathshebaDarkstone Fri 17-Jun-16 10:43:45

Done.

LacklusterGooseIsLoose Fri 17-Jun-16 11:06:38

Done

BreadSnakeFridayDog Fri 17-Jun-16 13:16:35

Done

Carriecakes80 Fri 17-Jun-16 19:03:42

I asked my husband if he wanted to name our four kids. I was so desperate to name them myself, however I got the pregnancy lol, so I thought it would be a great bonding thing for my husband to get to choose all the names. He was so happy getting to do this, and really spent ages working out what would work, even giving all of them two middle names (because he had thought of so many names he liked!) and I was very lucky that I loved all the names he chose, mainly after relatives quite far back in both of our families! :-)

RebelRogue Sat 18-Jun-16 08:46:34

Done

PHeadPH Sat 18-Jun-16 09:14:32

Done. My kids names are much too popular -

daisyduke66 Sun 19-Jun-16 01:06:47

Done

NeedACleverNN Sun 19-Jun-16 11:58:27

Done...it was an interesting survey

I regretted my daughters middle name because I was under so much pressure from my family to use it.

Me, my mum, my sister, my daughter and my niece all have the same middle name because that is what my granddad wanted

His daughter had committed suicide in her adult life and this was his way of honouring her.
I had never even met my aunt in the first place and I did it out of respect for my grandad. My grandad has passed away now and I wish I hadn't have given her the name. It's not a horrible name but it just has a bad back ground. I grew up knowing the burden if my middle name. Now my daughter has to do the same thing

IonaAilidh11 Sun 19-Jun-16 12:11:15

done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now