Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

Do you have a child aged 9-12? Take part in an online focus group - all participants will receive a £10 Amazon voucher NOW CLOSED

(13 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 24-Nov-15 16:23:04

We're looking for Mumsnetters to take part in online focus groups to understand what you would be looking for from mobile providers with regards to a mobile phone for your child.

These focus groups are open to Mumsnetters who have a child aged 9-12 years old who either already has a mobile phone or is planning to get a mobile phone in the next 6 months.

There will be 4 focus groups, and these will take place on:

- Monday 30th November - 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday 30th November - 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Friday 4th December - 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday 4th December - 1:30 to 3 p.m.

The online focus group will take place on a private thread on Mumsnet which you will be given access to. You will need to be logged on to Mumsnet and on the private thread for the full duration of the focus group where we will be posting questions for you to answer in real time.

Everyone who takes part for the full 1.5 hours will receive a £10 Amazon voucher.

If you're available and interested in taking part, please complete this form - www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/T8MHFW9

Thanks,
MNHQ

FrancesOldhamKelsey Tue 24-Nov-15 17:13:52

How many are you recruiting? And hence what's the expected payback from the draw? As I think I've said before re these online focus groups, once you're asking people to commit an hour and a half of their time (even from home) then the question of whether the reward is worthwhile becomes important, and without knowing the numbers we can't decide that.

Benzalkonium Tue 24-Nov-15 17:53:31

I agree, an hour an a half of my time is worth more than a chance of a voucher. I would prefer for all participants to recieve a smaller voucher.

vestandknickers Tue 24-Nov-15 18:34:59

This should be properly paid. Who would give up an hour and a half of their time on the off chance of a prize?

FrancesOldhamKelsey Tue 24-Nov-15 18:40:48

The voucher prize draw approach might be fine. If you had, say a one in ten chance of winning a hundred quid then many people would be completely fine with that. If you had one in a hundred chance of winning a hundred quid then that's pretty exploitative IMO (I guess some people might want to do it anyway if they have nothing better to do with their time).

But without knowing the numbers nobody can take an informed decision whether to take part.

bizzywizzy Tue 24-Nov-15 19:43:11

No evening or weekend focus groups? Not many working mothers get 1.5 hours lunch.
Thanks for excluding a massive proportion of your members.
And agree with the others that you need to be more specific about prizes etc. Personally I think everyone who gives up 1.5 hours of their own time should be rewarded, not just entered in a draw.

ProfYaffle Tue 24-Nov-15 20:10:48

Yes, have to agree with pp, 90 mins is a big commitment, I'd need to have a bigger reward than being entered into a draw.

Devora Wed 25-Nov-15 00:12:01

90 minutes is an impossible commitment for me, I'm afraid. But I have to agree with the others: participation in focus groups is usually paid, isn't it?

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Nov-15 09:49:52

Thanks for your feedback. We were hoping to have 10 participants per group, so there would have been a 1 in 20 chance of winning a voucher. We've listened to your feedback though and have decided to offer each participant a £10 Amazon voucher instead (these will be emailed to participants) - we'll update the OP and application form accordingly. For the focus group timings, we're hoping to have many more focus groups over the next few months, so we will keep your feedback in mind when scheduling in future.

deepdarkwood Wed 25-Nov-15 11:00:33

For reference on your payment structure - I work in market research and for a 1.5 hour group face to face, I'd expect to pay at least £30/£40 per person to my attendees. Obviously you can argue that not having to travel means people should get paid less, but the established wisdom in the industry is that online incentives should not be hugely lower than face to face ones. Bear in mind that offering a lower incentive will effect who takes part, and whether they decide not to bother when they get a better offer on the day.

I do think in general market research participation on mn are badly paid against industry norms.

Cocacolaandchocolate Sun 29-Nov-15 06:56:41

Has anyone heard anything for this yet? I cannot access my email again. Can mums net please inbox me?

Justyou Sat 12-Dec-15 10:41:18

Hi, does anyone know when we will be receiving the voucher?

Justyou Sat 12-Dec-15 12:14:07

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now