Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

I've Bumped my stomach

(7 Posts)
Vickip96 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:08:37

Hello I am about 14 weeks pregnant and I've just knocked/bumped my stomach at the top just under my boobs, would this harm my baby? Or am I being paranoid? I'm sorry for being silly but what do I do as I'm slightly worried as it my first time. Just need some advice smile

FannyFifer Sun 19-Feb-17 20:09:43

No I wouldn't imagine there wld be any risk. What did you bump it on?

FusionChefGeoff Sun 19-Feb-17 20:10:52

At 14 weeks a) your baby will be low down in your womb - between hip bones rather than up at the top and b) you have a thick wall of stomach muscles that will protect it. A bump is nothing to worry about. Hope that reassures you a bit.

Vickip96 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:11:24

Was playing catch with friends child earlier and just bumped top of my stomach. Sounds stupid I know.

Vickip96 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:12:30

Yes that does thank you, didn't think at the time but then got a bit paranoid then heard about this site thank you for the advice

kshaw Sun 19-Feb-17 20:29:07

I dropped a jar out of a cupboard onto my bump when was 25ish weeks - rang midwife and said as long as no bruising should be fine. Baby we'll protected in there and didn't feel the need for me to In or anything. If bruise then ring the midwife

Vickip96 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:44:09

No bruising yet but will keep a close eye out but thank you all for your help and support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now