This topic is for Q&As arranged by MNHQ. If you have questions about the site and how it runs, please do post in Site Stuff topic. If want to know about Q&A opportunities, please mail sales@mumsnet.com.

My 2 month old wakes every hour from 3am

(2 Posts)
Hannah2447 Fri 20-May-16 08:07:42

Hi.
My 2 month old is currently in a bedtime routine. But after the 2/3am feed she seems to wake up every hour....not crying just wriggling about or making noises. I out her dummy in to settle her then she sleeps but then wakes up every 30 to 60 minutes. So I keep putting her dummy back in which is probably not the right thing to do!!

Her bedtime routine is
7pm bath then bottle then bed. She sleeps in a swaddle pod and goes to sleep on her own but with a hairdryer noise playing from our ipad.
Wakes around 2 or 3am for a feed. Takes about 4 sometimes 5 Oz
Then struggles with a deep sleep.

Any suggestions?!! smile

Simpsonsaddict Fri 20-May-16 19:43:50

We had a similar thing but a little later, around 3.5 months. It went on for a couple of weeks and we were at our wits end. Like you say she wasn't crying, she was just unsettled. One night I put her in bed with me, and sent my husband in the spare room. She spread out and went immediately to sleep. We came to the conclusion that she was either too cramped in the crib next to the bed and needed more room, or we were keeping her awake with our rustling/husbands snoring. We put her in her cot bed in her own room the next night and she was immediately better, just waking for feeds a couple of times.

I know this might not be the answer for you but I hope sharing what happened helped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now