Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Do you have a dog or a cat and want to test one of the Dyson Animal vacuum cleaners? Ten volunteers needed!

(181 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Aug-09 16:43:37

We're looking for 10 families with cats or dogs at home to trial one of two vacuum cleaners from the Dyson Animal range - the DC19T2 - worth £250 and the DC25 - worth £311.
The project involves four stages, which would take place over about 6 weeks:

1) This recruitment survey - once we have all the volunteers in, Dyson will choose the 10 testing families

2) Testers will then be sent one machine to test - these can be kept by the testing family. When the machines are first received Dyson would like the tester to fill in and return to Dyson a usability survey.

3) Testers would then need to send Dyson (in pre-addressed /pre-paid envelopes ) the dirt, fluff and fur that they collect weekly for up to six weeks. They would also like to know how frequently testers vacuum. (This is not at all judgy and will not be posted on Mumsnet, honest!! grin)

4) Lastly, after the six weeks is up (probably early Oct), one of the insight team at Dyson would like to visit the tester to chat about their thoughts and experiences with the Dyson - this chat would last approximately 45 minutes.

In order to take part you need to have at least one cat or dog and live in the UK.

If you'd be interested in taking part and believe you can undertake all elements of the project, please sign up here

Good luck

MNHQ

Mutt Mon 24-Aug-09 16:45:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mutt Mon 24-Aug-09 16:46:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FfreckleFface Mon 24-Aug-09 16:49:18

Me please!

OrmIrian Mon 24-Aug-09 16:50:14

No thanks. My Lola wouldn't stand still and let me vacuum her.

geordieminx Mon 24-Aug-09 16:50:51

Does it matter where you live? ((((((wonders whether Dyson will send someone all the way to Scotland to chat about hoovers))))))

TrinityRhino Mon 24-Aug-09 16:51:07

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

SendReceive Mon 24-Aug-09 16:53:15

I REALLY need one - we have recently acquired 2 cats and I'm still allergic to the damn delightful things - and my current cleaner is rubbish at extracting cat fluff from our sofas and rugs, so I am your IDEAL candidate

<cough, sniff, itch>

But I don't live in the UK

<tearful, pleading look>

(Dysons are available in France, y'knowwink)

sweetkitty Mon 24-Aug-09 16:53:31

Thought the same thing geordie they won't send someone up to Scotland to talk about my cat hair problem

4andnotout Mon 24-Aug-09 16:54:58

Done.
<<fingers crossed>>

TrinityRhino Mon 24-Aug-09 16:55:13

I have psycho coming to visit me and she is allergic to my dog

would love to have a great animal hoover to hep reduce the issue for her grin

bubblagirl Mon 24-Aug-09 16:55:34

have filled it in this would be great im sick of my cats fir everywhere and i must admit im just as bad lol

whingingDailyHateMail Mon 24-Aug-09 17:00:54

Not just London then , honest???

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 24-Aug-09 17:01:26

Oh pick me. Pick me Pick me. purleeese?

although the thought of saving and bagging and sending my weekly filth is hideous!

geordieminx Mon 24-Aug-09 17:02:45

Sweetkitty - maybe we can tempt them to Glasgae with a promise of local delicacies such as irnbru deep fried mars bars and buckie er.... haggis?

sweetkitty Mon 24-Aug-09 17:05:56

They would have to provide me with a skip for 6 weeks worth of cat hair, I must hoover up the equivalent of a cat a week.

clayre Mon 24-Aug-09 17:06:37

i filled it in and im in Dundee, cant see them coming here cos nobody would want to come to dundee

Tortington Mon 24-Aug-09 17:06:44

i have one but can testify that they aren't much cop

grin

gscrym Mon 24-Aug-09 17:07:56

Me please. Please come up to Scotland to discuss my dog fuzz problem. I'll even make cakes! I'll happy post the fluff to anyone that wants it.

mosschops30 Mon 24-Aug-09 17:09:26

oh god I hope its me, I HATE the dog, I would never have another one ever. There are lots of things but the main one is the HAIR angry i hate it!
Worst of all I hate having visitors and when they stand up I can see theyre covered in bloody white dog hair. Urgh!

<mosschops wonders if she said hate enough>

Tortington Mon 24-Aug-09 17:11:11

rubber brush is the only way

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Mon 24-Aug-09 17:14:56

2 cats - me please!!!

Cosette Mon 24-Aug-09 17:21:48

2 large hairy dogs, 1 long-haired cat, 3 children (teenagers (yes with long hair) and a 2 year old) - lots and lots of dust, mud and hair for them to examine in one week let alone 6! Have an ancient Dyson Animal that is on its last legs, so would love the chance to replace it.

Tortoise Mon 24-Aug-09 17:23:50

Done.
Must be my turn to do a MN trial. grin

I never know what to write in the box at the end though! Does it make much difference?

Milliways Mon 24-Aug-09 17:40:09

Me!

My old dyson is crumbling and we have started to look for a replacement & NEED a pet version of something!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now