Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

EA sports testers - post your feedback here!

(167 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Jun-09 16:27:32

Hope everyone has started their 30 day challenge... let us know how you're getting on

futurity Tue 02-Jun-09 17:26:53

Started today...did medium level but will probably put on hard tomorrow <<extreme sporty/mad mummy face>> ...will probably regret that though!

this is what I put on the other thread:

Have done my first workout on medium..burnt 93 calories!

Found it easy to get going (apart from having to work out my height in cm and weight in kg). Did running, boxing, inline skating (fun..but how on earth do you do tricks as I was rubbish!) squats, leg curl things..I think that was it. Occasionally it would moan that I didn't have the nunchunk held the right way or something but mostly the response between the controls and the screen was fine.

I did have to cut off the circulation in my leg to keep the leg strap from falling down..this was only an issue with running.

All in all pleased with it so far..despite the woman voice over getting on my nerves with comments like "your thighs are going to thank you for this one day!"

-------------------

have since found out you can change between imperial and metric in the settings.

foofi Tue 02-Jun-09 19:17:07

Started it today.
Two things I HATE:

1 that bloody woman's voice saying things like 'You're doin' awesome!' - er, sorry, could I have that in English please?

2 the stupid band thing - why can't they make one with the handles already attached - when I try to tie them on they keep pinging off.

Having a glass of wine now to calm myself down. [wonders whether the wine is more calories than I burnt off with the game]
As you were. grin

ReginaCovington Tue 02-Jun-09 19:18:16

all i can say is <deepvoice>

EA SPORTS youreinthegame

naughtynoonoo Tue 02-Jun-09 19:21:42

dd7 is having much more fun at the moment, so far she has had great fun boxing, inline skating and dancing. Didn't have much joy with the band thing, wondered where the black handles were then realised they had fallen behind the sofa. Will leet you know if I am in pain tomorrow.

Rubyrubyruby Tue 02-Jun-09 19:47:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tigerbear Tue 02-Jun-09 21:26:57

Ruby! You'll get left behind! Come on, come with us and start! I began yesterday with the low intensity workout (but had already done an hour of Pilates and a 1 hour brisk walk - was feeling quite energetic yesterday, which is odd for me!). Really enjoyed the inline skating and jumping over the ramps, but got really irritated with the 'trainer' saying stuff like 'you aren't doing it correctly, follow me exactly' blah, blah. Then realised I had the Nunchuk on the wrong leg and the wrong way round! The only one I didn't really like was the boxing, but only because I couldn't seem to make anything happen. Overall it was great, and I burned 12 more calories than was projected. Am going for the high intensity workout tonight - I have a goal of losing 1/2 stone in the 30 days.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Jun-09 08:34:27

futurity Wed 03-Jun-09 10:15:43

Did session 2 this morning before breakfast. It's good to be able to do something in the house which actually makes you feel like you are working out (whilst the kids trash the house upstairs!)

More running today, track stuff like heel flicks and high knees, tennis (which I was rubbish at...couldn't even hit the ball!) and then arm raises/curls etc. Did on medium on the end as woke up aching from yesterday so it must be doing something.

foofi Wed 03-Jun-09 11:17:46

Forgot to add a 3rd thing I don't like:
when you make a profile picture thingy, why aren't there any long hair pictures?

Am trying to talk myself into today's attempt.

Rubyrubyruby Wed 03-Jun-09 12:00:06

GumsNRoses Wed 03-Jun-09 12:09:36

2nd day today, 143 calories burned, still ache from yesterday, so must have done some good.

Had problems with the nunchuck in the legstrap yesterday, but worked out I had it in the wrong way <doh!!> all sorted today and worked a dream.

Dd's finding the sight of Mum crouching and jumping on the inline skating exercise hysterical hmm can't think why wink

futurity Wed 03-Jun-09 12:31:30

you've all burnt so much...I feel like a lightweight!

My arms ache and so do my legs (says to myself..its a good thing...its a good thing hmm

AnnieShamrockInYourEar Wed 03-Jun-09 13:40:23

Is this where we do the blog thing then, letting EA know how we're getting on? Or do we have to do some fancy thing on Facebook or Twitter?

futurity Wed 03-Jun-09 14:00:54

I think so...I have added comments to my Twitter and joined the Facebook group which they gave us on the leaflet with the game...agree not very clear though if this is where we are meant to comment.

AnnieShamrockInYourEar Wed 03-Jun-09 14:07:45

ok, well let's say it is for now smile

Began last night, as it only arrived yesterday. DH wanted to join me, and was very supportive hmm while he cooked dinner and ate crisps while I did my 20 minutes (+time to figure out the band).
I started with an easy workout (yes, I know!) and I chose the nice gentleman trainer. Projected caloried burn was 76 cals, I burnt 88 cals, yaay! I suspect a medium workout is now in order...

It was all nice and easy to work, though there was no baldy head option, when making DH's profile. He got to wear a beany hat instead! I liked the running, but was out of breath after about a minute, and enjoyed the boxing a lot (I hate real boxing!), despite the leg strap flying off my leg... The squats and lunges were fine, though slow going for me.

Then DH had dinner ready by the time I was finished, a low carb option, of course (there were no spuds or pasta in the house).

Looking forward to the next session! Hoping to lose about 5 lbs over the 30 days.

AnnieShamrockInYourEar Wed 03-Jun-09 14:10:04

Thanks futurity. I will join the FB group too, but I'd prefer to stick with this thread tbh! Hope you're not aching too much.
That was one thing I didn't notice, there were no real warm up stretches... I've had a yoga class today, so I'm ok, but I guess the easy workout wasn't that hard.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 03-Jun-09 14:32:01

futurity Wed 03-Jun-09 14:46:48

i have been wearing shorts as it is so hot in my lounge. just about worked out the right level between it not falling off my leg and yet my leg not going blue with it being pulled too tight!

I think I will stick to medium as I am aching but it is not too bad (famous last words!). Went for a four mile run after dropping DS's at school as well and managed that. I don't want this game to interfere with my running...just help me tone up etc and so far it seems to be doing that ok. Putting it onto hard would trash me!

futurity Wed 03-Jun-09 17:12:23

have just had a quick play to show the kids..they LOVED mummy doing inline skating (!!) and I actually worked out how to do tricks! Tried tennis again and hit most of the forehands but none of the back hands..not sure what I am doing wrong!

Tigerbear Wed 03-Jun-09 23:58:55

Missed yesterdays session but did the one for today early on, otherwise would never have got round to it this evening. Tried the medium intensity, and found it fine, but my legs are aching tonight! Was a bit disappointed that there was no inline skating today, and got a bit bored with the running and all the lunges (I HATE doing lunges - the 'trainer' and the screen kept telling me to STAND STILL and that I was doing it incorrectly because I was wobbling- did my head in after a while, and was on the verge of skipping that exercise). Is anyone else doing the journal too, where you log how many hours sleep you've had, how many meals, etc?

Annieshamrock - I agree, odd about no warm up or cool down stretches - I would have thought there would at least be one afterwards... And no exercises specifically for the tummy - or have I missed something? Everything seems to focus on arms and legs...

futurity Thu 04-Jun-09 10:17:22

I agree about lack of exercises for the tummy...maybe we will get to them <<looks down at stomach trashed by 2 children and 2 c-sections!>>

Thankfully its "rest day" today as I am aching..back of thighs mostly (all those lunges) and arms a bit as well.

Tigerbear Thu 04-Jun-09 18:51:40

Just did my third session, and the jumps totally killed me! Am getting a bit bored with all the bicep curls using the long pink stretchy band, and would prefer more time on the tennis. On a positive note, I burned more calories than was projected, and am already beginning to feel much more energetic generally, although I have lots on right now.

sis Fri 05-Jun-09 11:20:27

I joined yesterday as there was a bit of a delay in getting my game. DS and I both did the easy workout which was okay but I thought the exercises were a bit boring. I hope we get the more fun stuff like tennis and basketball a bit later on. I must be even more unfit than I thought because I found the running a bit tiring. Poor Ds really struggled with the arm curls and other exercises using the stretchy red thing.

Looking forward to trying out the dance exercises smile.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Fri 05-Jun-09 11:34:40

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now