Talk

Advanced search

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Biotiful Dairy’s new range of drinks and snacks

(229 Posts)
LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Feb-20 11:41:57

This is the feedback thread for the 400 Mumsnetters with children aged 1 - 12 who have been testing out Biotiful Dairy’s new cultured dairy drinks and snacks. 200 Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in Vanilla Cheesecake flavour and Strawberry Cheesecake flavour, and 200 other Mumsnetters were asked to test Biotiful Kefir Slurpy drink in Strawberry flavour and Mango flavour.

Here’s what Biotiful Dairy have to say: “Biotiful Dairy, the UK’s No.1 in gut-friendly Kefir drinks and snacks, is launching two seriously tasty ranges for kids, a Kefir Slurpy drink in a resealable pouch and Kefir Quark Squeezy snack in a fun, squeezable tube. Made only with whole British milk, live cultures and real fruit, with absolutely no sugar added across the ranges, they are guaranteed to be loved by parents and littles ones alike. The Kids Kefir range has exceptional benefits: gut-friendly, source of protein, natural ingredients and essential vitamins & minerals. Kids Kefir Slurpy pouches are available in Strawberry and Mango flavours; and Kids Kefir Quark Squeezy tubes come in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake. Both are great for lunchboxes and are freezable.”

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the questions below as well as completing the survey we have emailed you:
1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

All selected testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

outnumbered77 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:12:20

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

We tried the kefir slurpy drink in strawberry and mango flavours.

The flavours were both delicious and not too sweet.

Nothing.

4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?

I would absolutely recommend. Perfect for lunch boxes and a great way of getting some good bacteria into their system.

racheltravel17 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:13:10

We tried to Kefir Quark Squeezy Snacks in Strawberry & Vanilla.

I like the packaging of the product, as well as the variety of flavours. My children loved the texture of the product, as well as the packaging.

My children felt that it wasn't sweet enough, and they said the flavour wasn't strong enough. I didn't like the way it was displayed in the store - they were all displayed on their ends, so the product was seeping out a bit - not sure it was the best way to display them - they should be lying down not standing up.

I personally would recommend them - I thought the flavour was good, and I liked that it wasn't too sweet. Also liked that it was made with something alternative to yoghurt and had good cultures in them.

Thanks so much for letting us try these products - I wouldn't normally buy these, so has made me look at new things!

GoldenCrunchMunch Mon 17-Feb-20 13:15:04

Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?

The quark squeezies in vanilla and strawberry

They were kefir but didn't taste gross. We all thought the strawberry one was nice. My toddler enjoyed the squeezy tube.

I thought the vanilla flavour was very fake and strawberry flavour could be stronger. 7 year old would prefer in a pot.

Maybe, if someone was interested in kefir for kids.

NoodieRoodie Mon 17-Feb-20 13:17:14

We tried the squeeze tubes in strawberry and vanilla cheesecake flavours

I loved the taste of the strawberry one, it was a very fresh taste and not overly sweet

Unfortunately none of my children liked them. The 4 year old sniffed his and refused to even try it as it smelt of cheese! The 6 and 8 year olds ate about half of theirs but weren't keen at all.

I have recommended these to others but for adults not children.

Also I would prefer to buy these not as single items, but as a 4 or 6 pack. Or more preferably in a large tub so I could decant it, or just eat three while lot myself!

angel0071987 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:18:31

We tested the mango slurpy drink and the strawberry cheesecake snack

They were filling and he said yummy. His favourite was the mango drink one. And much easier to eat/drink than the snack tube that was very thick and hard to suck from the cardboard tube

Very thick and odd texture. Expensive for the product and as a result probably wouldn’t buy again

Filling snack but odd texture. If they like the texture then great and great for their tummies too.

ifigoup Mon 17-Feb-20 13:19:09

The mango and the strawberry sqeezy kefir pouches.

They were really tasty - not too sweet, but basically like a drinking yoghurt. I would have preferred a bit more tang, but I'm guessing that could be offputting to some children.

I know that some places can recycle the pouches, but not routinely, so I would avoid buying the pouches for this reason. We're past the phase where DC has to snack out and about instantly. I liked the kefir product itself but would be much more likely to buy it in a big bottle or carton that could be recycled, and dole out our own portions at home.

Tasty, healthy, reasonably-priced.

Mimozaaa Mon 17-Feb-20 13:22:20

We tried the kefir drink in strawberry and mango flavours.

The flavours were both delicious and we had to get back for more .

To be able to purchase on multipacks .

I would absolutely recommend. Perfect for lunch boxes and a great way of getting some good bacteria into their system.

SeasonallySnowyPeasant Mon 17-Feb-20 13:22:41

Thanks for letting us test smile

We tried the squeezy strawberry cheesecake product.

The kids were excited because the product looked like a Calippo! The flavour told me a bit of what to expect with the texture too.

They're quite expensive. I'd prefer to buy in a multipack than pay 85p a pop. Despite their initial excitement, the DC took one gulp and instantly disliked the flavour. They said it wasn't very sweet and didn't taste very strawberry-y. DS called it 'an insult to cheesecake'! Sorry.

I quite liked it so if the price was good I'd recommend it as a gut-friendly snack for adults. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for kids though, both because mine didn't like the taste and because it's quite expensive.

theAntsareMyFriends Mon 17-Feb-20 13:27:59

We had the slurpy mango and strawberry flavours

I loved that they had no added sugar. Both flavours were really nice. My favourite was the strawberry and my DS loved the mango.

They are a good alternative to yogurt for breakfast and like that they are a good source of calcium. I dont know enough about the gut friendly bacteria aspect but it sounds good.

There was a lot of packaging and we are trying to reduce our plastic waste

Tasty, healthy and convenient

Anita87 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:28:19

We tried the kefir slurpy drink in strawberry and mango flavours.

They were not too sweet and very refereshing. My little one loved them and wanted more...

The only thing I noted was that it did not mention organic ingredients. I would prefer those.

It is very refreshing an a nice little snack for in-between.

NutButterNutter Mon 17-Feb-20 13:30:25

The slurpy strawberry and mango
Not too sweet but really appealing to a fussy 3 year old.
I don’t think calling the strawberry one ‘cheesecake’ went down as well as just strawberry would. It wasn’t particularly cheesey so it just makes it sound faker than it is.
Yes - it’s convenient and tasty and my daughter adored them so it was easy to give her a snack she wouldn’t reject.

hanliying Mon 17-Feb-20 13:31:29

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? Mango flavour
2. What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried? It is good size and package is attractive. Bio content is great for kids nutrition wise
3. What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried? No
4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? It is a great concept and flavour is superb

wobblybobbly Mon 17-Feb-20 13:32:53

Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?
We tried the Kefir Quark Squeezy Snacks in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake flavours.

What did you like about the products and flavours that you tried?
My child loved the thick creamy texture of the product, it came in a squeeze tube a bit like a squeezy ice lolly and was really easy to squeeze out without spilling any. We loved the flavour and the slight sour bite to it, it didn’t taste too sweet like some yoghurts but still had enough flavour. The favourite was the Strawberry Cheesecake.

What did you dislike about the product and flavours that you tried?
The only negatives I can think of were the price (95p per tube seems expensive, but it is being marketed as a premium product) and that there aren’t many flavours.

If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it?
I have already been recommending it, it was so lovely to know that there is an option for getting dairy into our kids that isn’t over sweetened and is full of good stuff. We have since bought more, and will continue to get them, especially if there are some new flavours added to the range. We are keen to try the slurpy ones too now!

IToldYouIWasFreaky Mon 17-Feb-20 13:34:28

We tried the slurpy drink in mango flavour and the strawberry cheesecake squeezy snack, as that's all I was able to get hold of

12 year old DS tried the strawberry cheesecake squeezy snack first. He was in a bit of a pre-teen, post-football strop at the time so was a bit dismissive of the packaging (very much aimed at younger kids!)
However, once I pointed out the health benefits, especially the fact it was high protein, he was keener to try it. It disappeared quickly and I was denied a taste so I think he enjoyed it!
The mango slurpy was a more obvious hit. DS really liked the flavour and I didn't get a taste again...

I really like the fact that both products had no added sugar and high protein and also that they have gut friendly bacteria.

Nothing really. DS did comment that the strawberry squeezy just tasted of strawberry rather than strawberry cheesecake but he was just being fussy!

Yes, it's definitely the kind of thing I would have bought for DS's lunchbox when he was younger, in preference to the other squeezy yoghurt snacks which can be high in sugar. These seem to have more health benefits. The packaging makes these a no-go for a 12 year old in secondary school but I might get them again for after school or after sport snacks.

MissBPotter Mon 17-Feb-20 13:37:32

We tried the strawberry and the mango. I myself tried the strawberry but not the mango.
I really liked the idea of the products being gut-friendly and I liked that they were unsweetened and had natural ingredients. Plus the packaging was nice and bright and easy for my 5 year old to open (2 year old couldn’t quite manage).
Neither of my children liked the products, unfortunately. I tried the strawberry quark one to encourage them, but I wasn’t overly keen on the flavour either. It wasn’t very sweet and had an odd, almost chalky, texture. My 5 year old didn’t enjoy the mango yoghurt, she said it didn’t taste or feel nice. Such a shame! She has tried kefir yoghurt before from another brand and enjoyed that.
I probably wouldn’t recommend it except in principle, sorry!

jj247 Mon 17-Feb-20 13:45:05

Squeezy tubes in Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Cheesecake
Unfortunately my 6yr old daughter didn't like either of the products and nor did my husband or I.
They were bland, tasted a bit like cream cheese but felt like they sucked the moisture from your mouth. They were so bad we didn't even finish them between us. A real shame as I was hoping for another healthy snack for my daughter.
4. If you would recommend Biotiful Kids Kefir to others, why would you recommend it? Based on these two products, I wouldn't recommend.

poopoopoo Mon 17-Feb-20 13:51:20

We tried the slurpy drink, mango flavour and the strawberry cheesecake squeezy snack.

He loved the flavours of both the mango and the strawberry, the snacks were tasty and creamy and a good quick healthy snack when out and about.

My son did not like the tube it was difficult to squeeze out without making a mess and the cardboard had already gone soft when we removed the top making me wonder if the seal was actually in tact

It is a healthy and filling easy tasty snack.

Coffeechick Mon 17-Feb-20 13:54:55

1. We tried the strawberry and vanilla cheesecake flavours of the squeeze tube.

2. I liked the flavours and the fact they weren't sweetened and they were good for developing good gut bacteria. I didn't think they tasted of vanilla cheesecake though.
I liked the packaging they were easy to eat.

3. My youngest (7) didn't like the flavours and didn't eat any after 1 slurp. I didn't think the flavours were what they were advertised as either. Which is OK as most likely would just be extra additives as flavourings but as the tube says it's strawberry cheesecake you are getting ready for that taste.
The price at 95p per tube seemed a bit steep.
My older child (11) enjoyed both flavours and finished off the tubes.

4. I like the idea of kefir in a child friendly format. I probably would recommend it as I like the idea of kefir but maybe only to older kids or those with ore mature (less sugar obsessed) tastes wink
I might go try out the drinks as the mango flavour sounds lovely

NicHunters Mon 17-Feb-20 14:03:10

Tested the vanilla cheesecake and strawberry cheesecake squeeze snack.

They were easy to open and transport, great for an on the go snack. The flavours were not overly strong but that didn't seem to bother them, were like a thick yoghurt

The price was a factor as they are quite expensive and only available to buy on their own, multi packs would be better. Also was quite hard to locate places nearby that stocked them.

They are a great source of goodness for kids so handy to stock up and use these as snacks.

wishingyouluck Mon 17-Feb-20 14:04:51

Quark Squeezy Snack - Strawberry
Kefir Slirpy Drink - Mango
The Quark squeezy snack was too tricky for my just 2 year old to handle, probably better for children a little bit older. He quite liked it though (I emptied it into a bowl in the end) and I liked that it wasn't too sweet.
The squeezy drink he doesn't seem to be too keen on, but we ended up with the mango flavour (only one in stock at the time) and he isn't used to having mango so that could be why.
Quark snack opening was a little bit too wide for small people to manage getting the right level of 'squeeze'. The drink is a known style of packaging so worked better for him at 2.
I am a big fan of kefir and other fermented food types for their health benefits, so it's great for them to be made available to children too.

BEXPW Mon 17-Feb-20 14:10:49

Strawberry and mango kefir drinks

The price. Nice flavour.

Recycling the product and also too runny. Thought it would be more like a yoghurt.

N/a

AngryBudgie Mon 17-Feb-20 14:14:37

Thanks for choosing us to test these products, here is our review:
1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try?*

We tested the strawberry and mango slurpy drinks.

The flavours, especially the mango were really nice. Both my 1 and 4 year old drank the lot, they liked the novelty of drinking from the pouches.

They were quite expensive (75p each in Sainsbury's ) for what they were and they are not widely available in all supermarkets. I also I didn't like that packaging wasn't easily recyclable.

I would as a treat to enjoy every now and then, but I think the expense makes it prohibitive to have more often.

lucyrobinson Mon 17-Feb-20 14:18:26

We tried the Mango and strawberry kefir slurpy drinks

We throughly enjoyed these. They tasted just like creamy yogurts. Not too sweet or sour.

Nothing at all.

I recommend these as unlike other kefir products I’ve tried they didn’t leave a sour taste in my mouth. Great product with brilliant health benefits.

missch319 Mon 17-Feb-20 14:26:05

1. Which Biotiful Dairy product did you and your child test? What flavours did you try? The squeezy strawberry and vanilla cheesecake.
The strawberry flavour was really nice found the vanilla quite bland. Thought they would be nice frozen in the summer.
Vanilla flavour is bland. It was too runny for my toddler to handle. She just made a massive mess with the pouch and this defeats the point of me buying something which should be self feeding.
Healthy snack with reduced sugar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »