Talk

Advanced search

Find out what MNers have to say on Mum & You products

(118 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Nov-19 11:29:39

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users with a young child, who tested Mum & You products. Testers were asked to test the following products with their child:

- Mum & You Nappychat Nappies
- Mum & You 100% Biodegradable Wipes
- Mum & You New Baby Safe & Sound Hair & Body Wash

Here’s what Mum & You have to say:
“Mum & You puts supporting Mums and their children at the heart of everything they do.
Our team of almost 20 mums (and a few dads!) have put their baby brains together to create the products we wanted for our own children. From biodegradable baby wipes that don’t compromise on convenience, to skincare you can apply using one hand at slippery bathtimes! Not bad for a team that hasn’t slept since 2016…

Supporting mums with every purchase:
For every subscription sold, we donate a pack of eco-nappies to the Hygiene Bank. Since we launched in 2017, we’ve donated essential hygiene products to families via Save the Children, The Trussell Trust food banks and various refugee charities.

100% biodegradable and eco-friendly:
M&Y baby wipes are made of plant fibres. They’re plastic free and biodegrade in just 15 days, meaning today’s sticky mess won’t be a problem for tomorrow’s generation. Our eco-nappies are made using wood pulp from certified sustainable forestry and contain no added dyes or lotions. We’re kind to the planet, and your baby’s bum!

Subscribe & Save
Eco nappies and biodegradable baby wipes delivered when you want them because nobody likes an emergency supermarket run! Save up to 40% when you subscribe.”

Testers, please answer the following questions:
1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies?
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

Selected testers will be required to leave feedback on what they thought of Mum & You products on a thread on Mumsnet and by filling out a short survey.

Everyone who completes the required sets of feedback will be entered into a prize draw where 3 x MNers will win a £100 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ
Standard Insight T&Cs apply

ilovecake77 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:09:49

The nappies,they were a great fit,very soft and leak proof.

They were very soft on my childs skin,they seemed very comfortable and not bulky like other brands i have used.

designs on nappies dont really bother me as i just care about how absorbent and comfortable they are,but designs did seem cute and fun.
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?
I love this about these wipes as i do feel guilty when using wipes that arent biodegradable,i personally wouldnt switch to these wipes though as they didnt seem as moist as other wipes i have used.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash?
Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.
i liked the hair and body wash,its smell was not overpowering and left my childs skin clean and soft and did not irritate it,its pump dispenser was great to use and i really liked the foaming aspect.

Normallylurking87 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:11:33

I liked the nappies best. I was really impressed with how soft they were and how well they stopped leaks. I tried the nappies before with my older child and wasn't a fan, there seems to have been a clear improvement!

They were incredibly soft and caused no irritation to my child.
I liked how bold the designs were and found them to be gender neutral. My older child liked the elephants on the blue ones, she kept spotting them on each nappy change, so that kept her occupied too!

It made me feel much less guilty about the sheer volume of wipes I use on a daily basis.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

I liked how easy it was to use and how it came out like a foam. I found it made my baby's skin incredibly soft but slightly dry in small patches.

Sugarhouse Wed 20-Nov-19 19:31:59

The nappies they were a nice fit and not bulky
They felt very soft
I liked the bright designs they were a bit more interesting than most nappies
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? This is a big plus but I don’t think they felt as nice as my normal wipes and I don’t think they did the job as well
I liked that it was gentle on skin and was easy to dispense

mizzy2 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:36:04

I loved the hair and body wash as it smelt so nice and made my baby's skin so soft.

The nappies were quite soft and I didn't need to use extra barrier cream which meant the nappies were kind against my son's skin.

They were very sweet with cute animals. Nice colours but I wouldn't buy nappies based on a design.

This is brilliant, I have been using cotton wool and water and these are just as good as that. Great to know that they won't harm the environment. If everyone used these then there would be a lot less landfill.

The smell is amazing, the fact it goes straight into foam is useful to make things quicker. My baby had super soft skin and hair afterwards. I personally wouldn't use any product on a newborn as they have their own protection from vernix. Great that it is hypoallergenic, I have given the rest of the bottle to my sister in law to use on her boy who has eczema and has tried everything. So far his skin has been ok.

Tefiti2 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:42:27

I liked the wipes best - they cleaned really well and my DDs skin didn’t react at all to them.
Lovely and soft inside, which is a bonus, however they leaked overnight unfortunately, so although I’d recommend them for daytime, I wouldn’t use them again at night as it’s such a hassle to have to wake baby to change their whole outfit!
The pictures were cute and unisex.
Huge bonus for me, to know they won’t be in landfill for hundreds of years!
The wash left our hair lovely and shiny, and was perfect for my baby’s sensitive skin - the foam application is much easier to use one handed as it doesn’t leave baby slippery like traditional soap can! However, the scent was not appealing, and to me smelt like Dettol/antibacterial spray!

Stej7 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:46:36

Definitely the nappies. A perfect fit for my 8 week old and so soft and mouldable.
2) Describe the softness
of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.
Really soft, by far the softest nappies I’ve ever felt.
I personally thought they were fine. I’m not bothered by nappy designs usually. I wouldn’t buy nappies because they have designs on. However, my eldest son did ask why his little brother was wearing girls nappies!
Great. The number of wipes I use in a day, it took the guilt away.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Perfect for my little ones. Used it on him at 7 weeks with no problems. Great dispenser, good volume dispensed. Liked the softness of baby’s skin and no issues with it on the skin. Not too bothered about the smell, but that’s probably my personal taste,

Tasha042 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:52:56

The nappies because they are super soft and very absorbent. No leaks even at bedtime! Very impressed with the quality of these nappies.

As soft as a lambs fleece.

I love the animals. They're very cute.

Very happy with the biodegradeable quality. I was suprised that they're more textured than a plastic wipe so I only needed to use half as many.
I love how easy the pump is to use. My eldest also found the foam soap fun to play with. Both of my daughters have sensitive skin so I was happy that they were both fine with this soap.

rediredi Wed 20-Nov-19 20:10:51

Wipes-very gentle and almost like reusable wipes I have that I use with just water. No irritation on my little one.
Very much like cotton, soft and really nice to feel.
Different designs instead of just one design on all. Although a bit more Vibrant colours would be better-these are very washed out.
I like that fact a lot! Hope the nappies could be too.
Very easy to use with one hand, especially when I have a small baby to deal with!

planty87 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:11:34

Absolutely love the nappies! Do you do them in a 32" waist? grin

As soon as I ripped open the packaging and took one out i commented on how nice and soft they felt. Was almost like a microfibre texture opposed to the standard crispy papery feel

Quite liked them actually, nice and bright colours, different to what ive seen before

Great, wipes are a big problem these days so its good to see someone is helping out the planet with one of the most commonly used items

Smells great, good lather and easy to apply. Skin and hair was lovely and soft once dried

Caillou Wed 20-Nov-19 20:26:19

I liked them all, but if I have to choose, it will be the nappies,
they have such cute designs on them, they are very soft, don't leak and are very good size wise.

You could feel that they were like cotton pads, extremely soft and gentle on the skin.

I tried them on my 2 years old, so I let him choose each time which one of the 2 designs he wanted to wear.
I like that they are colourful and different to what the leading brands offer.

that's a massive bonus, as I want to do my bit for the environment, but I like the convenience of wipes, so this is a perfect compromise.

I love the foam pump dispenser, it gives a very generous amount of cleaning foam and it is very easy to apply.
it does smell lovely too, my son's skin was feeling fresh and clean

ivfbabymomma1 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:43:50

I liked the nappies the best, they were really soft and so far no leaks!

Really soft - price depending I will convert

I did like the design but a few designs were upside side on the front which did confuse me initially but it doesn’t take much

I felt a lot less guilty about using them but they were a little dry in comparison so I used 2/3 compared to the 1 Aldi wipe I would use

The body wash left babies skint lovely and soft and the pump design was good but I found once on the baby it didn’t lather as well as some

All in all I would definitely use the wipes & nappies again.

nervousfirsttimer1985 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:48:05

esters, please answer the following questions:
1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? The body wash as l loved the scent of it.

The nappies felt very soft and caused no irritation to my little boys skin.

I loved that they were very colourful and funky. They were also gender neutral too.

I love that they were biodegradable and plastic free. I had been looking for an alternative wipe after I found out that the current ones I used contained plastic. These might be the alternative as they smell fresh and are also a good size. Theyare also quite moist so you don't need to use a lot of them.
I loved the scent as I said before. It just smells so fresh. It was so easy to pump out with one hand and also as it was the foam, you don't need to use as much so you do not waste any. It is great that is is hypoallergenic as it sets your mind at rest that there should be no reaction to this.

Overall I was really impressed by the quality of all of the products. The fact they are environmentally friendly makes them even better. I am happy I was picked as a tester for them and I will be recommending them to my friends and family.

Elmo230885 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:58:21

1 I loved the nappies. I primarily use washable nappies so disposables are used overnight and if I'm out and us sure about available!e facilities. Initially they seem very thin but when you use them they are very absorbent and seem like they were comfortable for DS. I like that they aren't 'plasticy' at all.

2 The nappies are very soft.

3 The designs are very cute. DS is too you to notice though at present.

4 I love that the wipes are biodegradable as it helps relieve a little guilt about not using washable wipes.

5 The cleanser was OK. Was a little underwhelmed and the dispenser 'dribbled' a little after use.

Monkerina Wed 20-Nov-19 21:04:53

I like the nappies best- cute designs, fit well, absorbent, yet to have a leak, biodegradable- what's not to love!

The nappies are comfortable and soft, they fit my baby like cosy well worn trousers rather than a boxy nappy.

We liked the weather designs on the nappies- they're cute and friendly, and match well with the raindrop/rainbow/sun Frugi designs we like and wear all the time!

I really liked that the wipes are biodegradable, it makes me feel a lot better about using single use solutions rather than reusable products.

I loved the smell of the hair and body wash, and it is really easy to dispense from the pump bottle, super useful when baby is wriggly so there's one less thing to worry about! His hair and body smell amazing and haven't had any irritation at all, perfect.

shivbo2014 Wed 20-Nov-19 21:33:07

I liked the nappies the best. Really nice fit and so soft, looked really comfortable.

These are the softest nappies I've used. Moulded to baby's skin as they weren't rigid like other nappies.

Loved the blue nappies all the characters were very cute... My 5 year old also loved them.

Great as knowing how many wipes go to landfill it's nice that these are biodegradable.

Really liked the body wash. It came out easily and I loved the foamy texture made it easy to apply to baby's skin and hair. Very mild scent that I liked. Left hair shiny and soft.

Teladi Wed 20-Nov-19 21:50:57

The bottom balm, I like the pump action dispenser, it goes well onto the skin and seems to fix any redness promptly.

I was impressed by the softness and that they didn't feel plasticky. I do think they smell a little odd as soon as they've been weed in but I guess that just lets you know to change them!!

I thought the characters were cute and colourful.

This was what attracted me to try the products. I feel like all wipes should be!

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.

The foam feels light and the pump dispenser easy to use while you're baby wrangling. It smells lovely and is not drying on baby's skin.

armoholt Wed 20-Nov-19 22:06:10

I loved the nappies there was no leaks and they felt really soft. There was no redness on nappy changes so it absorbs really quickly.
The nappies were really soft and easy to remove from the packet.
I love that they were compact and easy to remove from the packaging they didn’t stick together.
I felt good that I was doing something good to protect the environment
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? the pump dispenser which meant there was little wastage. It smelt great too and my little one hair nice and soft.
Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

problembottom Wed 20-Nov-19 22:12:49

The nappies - they looked adorable, were a great fit and most importantly no leaks.

Wonderfully silky to the touch, I loved having nappies so soft for my baby’s skin.

I like the fact they stand out from the norm. The designs made me smile.

Great - I am trying to be as eco-friendly as possible around the house and wipes are a big concern.

I liked the fact my baby’s skin was soft and irritation free afterwards. She is prone to a touch of eczema so that is most important for me. Loved the smell tho I must add.

BridgetJonesDaiquiri Wed 20-Nov-19 22:25:41

The nappies - soft, seemed comfortable, no leaks (including a couple of poonami situations!) and incredibly cute designs. I also liked how thin the nappies felt, but still very absorbent. The naval cut out for newborns is a good idea as well.

Very soft to touch and against baby's skin. No nappy rash.

I thought they were pretty funky! My LO is only 12 weeks but I chatted to her about the designs during her changes.

Positive - they worked well and I like the fact that they are more sustainable than regular wipes.

Smelled great and I liked the pump action. Seemed kind to baby's skin.

Triskaidekaphilia Wed 20-Nov-19 23:53:32

The wash was my favourite. It smelled really nice and was better than standard body wash for getting under DD's chubby chin where fluff collects. She seemed to enjoy her bath with it. Plus it had a very 'premium' feel to it.

The nappies did seem softer than any others I've tried so that was the main advantage of them. They were a similar fit to the ones we usually use (lidl lupilu)- DD is tall and slim around the middle but with chunky thighs so she needs a wide nappy to avoid thigh leaks.

The first one I picked out had cats on which endeared me to them as I love cats! The other 'sky' design was cute too. But I would have liked some distinction between front and back to be honest, that is more important than the overall look for me. Also I found it unusual that there were only 2 designs- most I've used have either all been the same or had 4-5 slightly different designs. If this is a main feature I would suggest more different designs in a pack.

It's good to know they biodegrade so quickly. I didn't like them as much as my normal wipes as they weren't as soft and several got tangled in the packet. But could probably get over that for the eco credentials.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.
As already mentioned the wash was my favourite of the products I tried and depending on price I will probably buy it again. I already use a nice brand but this was even better. It was easy to use, I didn't get too much out like I always end up doing with our other shampoo. I liked the smell a lot and it left DDs skin very soft. She has mild cradle cap and this didn't irritate it. Because of the foam texture I think it could also be great for use with a reusable wipe to freshen up after a poo explosion without needing a full bath.

Miskate Thu 21-Nov-19 08:46:36

The wipes. Loved that they were biodegradable, and they stood up well against my usual brand.

extremely soft and absorbent

My little boy liked pointing to the designs and naming them

Very, very happy, made me want to buy again.

My sons both have very sensitive skin, it didn't irritate them and I loved the smell.

JenPanda Thu 21-Nov-19 09:57:37

1) My favourite mum &you product is the body and hair wash. I love the smell and it’s so mild on my newborn yet smells delicious that I have also been using it on my 3 year old. I love the pump as when my little boy has been sick in his hair I can just pump a little into a flannel and quickly clean his hair. I would never have brought this online as I worry about how things smell and if they are mild enough for children’s skin but this is really worth it’s weigh in gold.
2.)
The nappies feel so soft, every bit of the nappy is soft from the inside, on the legs and even the outside. Yet it is still effective as other nappies.
3)
The nappies are designed with cute pictures. Having a boy it isn’t really necessary but when I had my little girl these would have been ideal when they wear little dresses and skirts they would have looked really cute. I like the designs as my little girl easily finds them and helps at nappy times.
4)
So the first time I used the wipes was for a mega poo. I only needed two wipes to clean the whole thing up. They are a good size and wet enough to get all the mess off. I love the fact they are biodegradable as having two children I feel that we create a lot of waste. It feels good knowing we are doing our little bit for the environment.
5)
This hair and body wash is my new favourite body wash. I love the smell it’s fresh but not overpowering. It’s gentle and mild and the pump is great as no spillages. I tend to use a little bit on my newborns hair as he is often sick. I also found its great on my older child, she loved pumping it into water and having a wash. I didn’t have anything to worry about when using this product as it’s hypoallergenic.

I would love to see more products following this ethos - good quality and great for the environment

cravingmilkshake Thu 21-Nov-19 10:02:46

I liked the body wash best, it didn't irritate her eyes and she smelled lovely after.

Nappies were lovely and soft and as other posters said, we had no leaks. The brand we use typically doesn't do so well after a poonami in the car after baby yoga, but these ones held it in.

I guess the design were bright and colourful but it's not a deal breaker for me as no one really takes notice.

Yes, I would buy any wipes if the USP was that they were bidegradable. However, these wipes felt tougher and not as moist so I would not buy this brand on that basis.

Love all aspects of this. The ones we have used it so far, she slept 12 hours! Leaves her skin feeling soft and smelling lovely.

Jellybean100 Thu 21-Nov-19 10:42:16

probably the nappies. They were super absorbent and soft
lovely and soft
i didn’t have much of an opinion on the design to be honest i thought they looked a bit cheap-sorry!
great!
loved the smell, loved the pump and the fact it was a foam. My baby has sensitive skin and no reaction at all

Mimozaaa Thu 21-Nov-19 12:30:20

We loved the nappies they were pefect fir and really comfortable. And they soak really well we didnt have any leaks .

They were soft and comfortable.
That they are biodegradable and with fun designs .
It’s perfect for our planet .

Very subtle smell , the baby skin reacted well to it we didn’t had any rashes when using it . And the babys skin feel so soft after using it .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »