Talk

Advanced search

Find out what MNers have to say on Mum & You products

(118 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Nov-19 11:29:39

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users with a young child, who tested Mum & You products. Testers were asked to test the following products with their child:

- Mum & You Nappychat Nappies
- Mum & You 100% Biodegradable Wipes
- Mum & You New Baby Safe & Sound Hair & Body Wash

Here’s what Mum & You have to say:
“Mum & You puts supporting Mums and their children at the heart of everything they do.
Our team of almost 20 mums (and a few dads!) have put their baby brains together to create the products we wanted for our own children. From biodegradable baby wipes that don’t compromise on convenience, to skincare you can apply using one hand at slippery bathtimes! Not bad for a team that hasn’t slept since 2016…

Supporting mums with every purchase:
For every subscription sold, we donate a pack of eco-nappies to the Hygiene Bank. Since we launched in 2017, we’ve donated essential hygiene products to families via Save the Children, The Trussell Trust food banks and various refugee charities.

100% biodegradable and eco-friendly:
M&Y baby wipes are made of plant fibres. They’re plastic free and biodegrade in just 15 days, meaning today’s sticky mess won’t be a problem for tomorrow’s generation. Our eco-nappies are made using wood pulp from certified sustainable forestry and contain no added dyes or lotions. We’re kind to the planet, and your baby’s bum!

Subscribe & Save
Eco nappies and biodegradable baby wipes delivered when you want them because nobody likes an emergency supermarket run! Save up to 40% when you subscribe.”

Testers, please answer the following questions:
1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies?
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

Selected testers will be required to leave feedback on what they thought of Mum & You products on a thread on Mumsnet and by filling out a short survey.

Everyone who completes the required sets of feedback will be entered into a prize draw where 3 x MNers will win a £100 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ
Standard Insight T&Cs apply

slapmyarseandcallmemary Wed 20-Nov-19 15:50:58

ters, please answer the following questions:

The nappies - they were an amazing fit, so soft, loved the patterns, no leaks!! My little girl seemed very happy in them.

They were very soft, like cotton, no irritation and like I said above, my lo seemed really comfy in them.

They were so cheerful and colourful compared to other brands.

4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?

I love the fact they were 100% biodegradable, makes using wipes a bit less of a guilty feeling.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

It was super easy to dispense!! Handy when you need to keep one hand on a slippery baby!! She smells amazing and it leaves her skin and hair soft, with no irritation.

I was extremely impressed with all the products!!

heartlanddrive Wed 20-Nov-19 15:51:40

I really like the hair and body wash best out of all the products, it was great to use one product for both washing my sons hair and his body, it smells lovely and made his hair really soft, shiny and his curls looked lovely the day after! He also wasn't phased when i was rinsing it off and it was going on his face which is great.

The nappies were really soft, probably the softest nappies I've felt and I've tried loads!

To be honest, I didn't like the designs on the nappies at all! I found them A bit loud and tacky. But it's not like anyone's seeing them so it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.
Amazing! Good to find eco friendly nappies that are soft and also don't leak!
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash?
Love everything about this wash, smells lovely, easy to use, hair smelled and looked great afterwards as did my babies skin. The fact is hypoallergenic is most important to me in choosing products for my baby

WilsonandNoodles Wed 20-Nov-19 15:52:46

I liked the nappies. Thr biggest appeal was the fact that they aren't made using the chemicals other disposables are but they were also a nice nappy for my baby to wear. They were soft and felt like a generous fit without being saggy. I also liked the design .

They are definitely as good as any other disposables I have tried.

My baby is short and stocky! Most nappies either aren't wide enough or are too long. These fit perfectly. I also liked the unusual pattern.

I love that idea. We used cloths for hands etc and only uses wipes for nappy changes but it does bother me that they aren't fully biodegradable and it is a change I would make. I didn't feel they were as wet or soft as my usual brand but not enough so that it would put me off.

The bottle is great, very easy to use even when juggling a wriggly baby. I liked that it can out foamy so ready to use and its lasting really well. It washes nicely and left my babies skin soft. I wasn't that excited by the smell but equally I don't dislike it.

MynameisJune Wed 20-Nov-19 16:04:28

1) the nappies were my favourite product, although it was hard to decide which one I liked best. Soft feeling, absorbent and cute designs plus nice and wide for my chunky baby.

2) The nappies feel really soft for a disposable nappy. Softer than other sustainable brands I’ve tried, softer than the pampers that we were currently using. Really nice feel to them, something I’m happy to put on my baby.

3) I like that they have cute designs, especially for girls wearing dresses with no tights or leggings. Why should cloth nappies have all the fun designs on them, I know they go in the bin but it’s still nice to see nappies with a nice design even if it’s not pertinent to the use.

4) The wipes are good to use, not to thin that your finger goes through them on use. Decently wet as well, some other 100% biodegradable wipes we used were far too dry. The only downside is that they didn’t come out one at a time, they would randomly clump out. Although this is an issue with other wipes too. The packaging is minimal without any extra plastic around the top. We have started weaning and they were good for cleaning up as well as nappy changes.

5) The wash felt nice on the skin, smells lovely without being over powering. It’s easy to dispense, my 4 year old can do it on her own without using an absolute load at each use. My 4 year old has sensitive skin and has only ever used Child’s farm, the Mum & you wash didn’t give her any reaction at all so for me it’s definitely as gentle on skin. You didn’t need to use a lot for a decent lather and it made my babies skin feel nice and soft.

Over all I’m definitely a Mum & you concert.

MynameisJune Wed 20-Nov-19 16:04:36

Convert!

20viona Wed 20-Nov-19 16:11:49

Definitely the nappies.

They were really soft and seemed comfortable between my daughters legs.

The cute design stood out. I liked it.

Great.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Face and Body Wash?
The packaging was nice and the pump made it simple to dispense. It was nice and soft on her skin.

grisen Wed 20-Nov-19 16:12:23

I liked the nappies the best, so soft and my boy manages to wee through every other nappy we’ve tried except these ones.

So soft, didn’t feel bulky at all, just like thicker underwear, he seemed very happy in them and was able to crawl freely.

I didn’t like the blue ones. My son wears a lot of white and you could clearly see the blue ones through his clothes. I didn’t mind the white ones but I prefer all white nappies.

I enjoy the concept but I didn’t find them as efficient as my normal wipes. His pop defiantly didn’t “stick” enough to the wipe so instead of using 2-3 normally I found I had to use 4-5 to clean his poos.

I really enjoyed it. I love how easy it is to get out of the bottle, and no broken lid to think about. It smells nice and neither my son nor I had any reaction to it which was nice.

kungfupidge Wed 20-Nov-19 16:15:07

i loved the wipes because my little one has a sensitive bottom and these were very kind on her skin i also loved the nappies and wash so its hard to decide smile

2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried. they were very soft and i loved the design on them i also loved that there was an incut for the belly button area

the design was adorable much better that other brands i have tried and i loved the incut on the nappy for comfort.

i felt that using a disposable wasn't so bad for the environment and that made me feel really positive towards the brand

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? i loved the container the bodywash came in so easy to dispense and my baby smelled wonderful after use and again it was fab as my baby has sensitive skin and had no reaction to this body wash witch was a huge plus for me as others i have tried havent been so friendly to her skin i loved that it was hypoallergenic too smile

i loved being chosen for this product test fab products thankyou

NatalieBee Wed 20-Nov-19 16:25:37

I found the nappies to be my favourite product. They were so sort on my little boys bum and have held in poo explosions very well!

Nappies were gorgeous and soft. Was very impressed with how gentle they were on my sons bum.

The nappies were adorable but very girly. My little girl (who is 4) keeps telling me we can't put him in girls nappies 😂 but such a cute design.

I love that the wipes are biodegradable but wasn't a fan of them. I found them odd in texture and they didn't clean poo away as well as my usual wipes, they didn't seem as 'wet'.

5) What did you like best about the Mum
& You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

The hair and body wash was again lovely, had a lovely smell and left my little boys skin lovely and soft without being harsh. He has Cmpa so wound gave quite sensitive skin and this was lovely on it. The design on the bottle I found a bit bland, I don't think I'd pick it off a shelf if I had never used it before.

Loved trying these products.

SheRaTheAllPowerful Wed 20-Nov-19 16:26:19

The nappies, great fit, no leaks and not bulky.

Really soft and not chemically smelling I was impressed!

I liked the designs but only had blue or white some other colours would have been nice.

I love this, I feel guilty about using wipes so dependent on price I’ll change over for sure.

Super easy to use I liked that it wasn’t overly perfumed and baby felt soft and clean afterwards,

I’d like to know the prices, happy to recommend all products.

AnotherSofaDay Wed 20-Nov-19 16:28:54

1) the body wash- smells nice and pump is easy to use
2) unfortunately they sent the wrong size so I couldn’t use them
3) see above
4) good that they are biodegradable, would have been good if they were flushable as well
5) really nice smell, foamy, easy to use pump

Reastie Wed 20-Nov-19 16:29:04

Probably the body wash. It had a really nice natural and unperfumed smell

The nappies did indeed feel very soft and didn’t have that awful chemical smell most nappies now seem to. They were thin but felt very gentle and soft and seemed to soak everything up well

I loved the fun designs on the nappies. I liked that there were two colours to choose from too in the pack. The designs were cute and fun and different to other nappies I’ve bought.

I love this fact and would choose them based on this fact alone. I didn’t realise until recently baby wipes had plastic in them and would definitely like to use a plastic free version

I like the way it foams out easily (dd (8) has been enjoying using it too as she finds it great fun to get them foam). I like how it’s very gentle on the skin (dd and I both have sensitive skin as well as a little baby with delicate skin). None of us have had any issues with using it. I also love the smell as it’s Unperfumed and natural and clean smelling. Skin felt and looked clean afterwards and skin was still soft. I used this on my 5 month old who has only ever had natural sugar soap on his skin and had no issues or reactions. It seems so mild I’d think it would be well suited to small babies.

donttellmetwice Wed 20-Nov-19 16:47:43

My favourite product was most definitely the hair and body wash. Beautiful packaging, so easy to pump and the light fragrance was just right.
The nappies were so very soft and the cute designs are a lovely touch, something nee to talk to my baby about.
Its fantastic that mum and you are thinking about the future of the planet with their biodegradable wipes. So many wipes are used everyday so swapping to these is a no brainer!
Just to add that the wash left my lo’s skin so smooth and soft. The fact that we need just one bath product from top to toe makes things easier too.

Newmum022016 Wed 20-Nov-19 16:49:30

The wipes. We tend to use reusable wipes but these are so handy when you can’t use those. And found them better than regular wipes as I didn’t need as many.

I found them really soft and my baby seemed comfortable in them.

I liked the designs, I found them cute but equally wouldn’t buy them just for the designs.

I really liked it. Made me feel better about using them although would like to understand if the packaging is also biodegradable and if not if it could be.

I liked the wash. It smelled nice and was nice on my baby and toddlers skin. It was easy to use. Again would be good to see if the packaging could be made renewable or non-plastic.

MrsEK1991 Wed 20-Nov-19 16:52:52

I liked the wipes - I LOVED the way the ingredients were described on the back so you could see what the ingredient did and where it came from. I also liked that there were only a handful of ingredients which was a massive difference to our usual wipes.

I didn’t notice they were particularly softer than our usual nappies. My son seemed to like them, however we had a poop leak out of the back and leg of one nappy which we haven’t had in over a month with our usual brand so I was disappointed in them.

I didn’t like the designs. I didn’t think they were particularly gender neutral and thought they looked quite girly. However the bigger problem was that there was no difference between front and back! At 3am it needs to be clearly shown which way to put the nappy on and on more than one occasion I tried to put it on back to front.

I loved this feature and also the fact they would be gone in such little time was very impressive.

I felt confident it would be good for my little boys skin, and I really liked the fact it came out as a foam. It meant I didn’t need to rub it between my hands or on my sons hair to get a lather going. Made it much quicker, and it was just as easy to wash out.

Moreteaplease84 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:09:52

I really liked the nappies and the wash but if I have to choose one,the nappies.

They were the softest nappies we have ever used. Made me feel happy that my son was in a nappy that seemed really comfortable. We did not have any leaks with these nappies which is great as my son leaks through lots of brands.

The designs were cute, bright and different to other nappy designs we have seen.

Made me feel so much better about using wipes as it’s something I do feel guilty about. The wipes were not as thick or moist as our usual wipes but they did the job ok. I personally wouldn’t switch to these though.

My son has sensitive skin with patches of eczema so I am quite particular about what we use on his skin. Usually only use aveeno or child’s farm but this was fine on his skin and he had no reactions or dry skin. It was an easy to use dispenser and the smell was lovely and fresh. The foam was fun for him to play with.
I’m expecting again next year and I would be happy to use all of these products with my newborn.

messyhair1 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:12:07

1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? I like the body and hair wash best. My baby likes the foam, and she smells sooooo good afterwards.
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried. I find them really soft and comfortable.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? I like the way it "spreads" the liquid evenly so it won't be so soggy at the bottom and won't leak so easily.
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? Fabulous. I have always been feeling guilty about using disposable wipes because I am producing so much waste (every day, every hour....) but now, no more guilt smile
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic. I really love the smell. It is light and not "artificial". Can't help sniffing my baby's hair after she had her bath.

Alo2019 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:15:47

Il loved the body wash as not over powering with the smell just right. And it’s very easy to use.
Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried?

I found the nappies very good and soft and very absorbent

I found them very cute but a lil bit girly but was amazing 😉

4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable

I was very amazed they was biodegradable as are even better for the planet.

We loved the body wash my little girl calls it magic and it encourages her to wash as she’s excited to actually use this. It’s amazing that it’s hypoallergenic to as my son has eczema so can use this too

Ribeebie Wed 20-Nov-19 17:46:36

I liked the nappies best. They were so soft and leak proof. I loved them

They are the softest nappies I have found. They felt like cotton and didn't irritate my baby at all

That they were leak proof! They had a great fit for my son and they were super soft. I like the fact they are biodegradable.

I am pleased about this. I do feel guilty using wipes at times and have tried cloth for hands and face. This feels like a good compromise for us.

I thought it smelt nice and clean IV was easy to use. I liked that it was foamy and my sons skin felt soft and smelt lovely, as did his hair! It was gentle and did not cause him to react at all which I was pleased about.

HalfBloodPrincess Wed 20-Nov-19 17:51:44

Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?

The nappies were great! Best ones I've tried in 16 years of being a parent. They're super absorbent too, not a single leak, including 'that night' where my daughter slept for 13 hours!

They were very soft, almost cloth like. They didnt have the bulkiness of some other brands of nappies so looked a lot more comfortable.

They're so pretty, especially the blue one. And I love that the Sun was called Ray!

This is a great selling point for me as it takes away the guilt of using wipes. I usually use cotton wool and water but am a convert after trying these.

Smell was subtle but fresh. Dispenser was easy to use and I loved the foaming aspect. Unfortunately it seemed to make my daughters scalp and skin dry and flaky after a few uses.

Smurfy23 Wed 20-Nov-19 17:56:23

I really liked the wipes in particular as I was able to use them both with my newborn but also my 2 year old who has very sensitive skin and reacts badly to certain "sensitive" wipes
Really soft- felt comfortable and good quality
I thought they were really fun and eye catching
I think that this is great. They feel much like other wipes and were certainly up to the job
I really liked it and again was able to use it on both my children comfortably.

PickledChicory Wed 20-Nov-19 18:00:43

The wipes. Not too wet or plasticky
Good they biodegrade
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.Nice and soft unlike the papery/cardboard feel of some eco nappies
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? Cute and unisex
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?so much better
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.
It wasnt too soapy and rinsed well but didnt smell of much

MaternalMusings Wed 20-Nov-19 18:13:29

I loved all the products, but especially the wipes. As we're doing our very best to turn more eco-friendly in our house, this makes a real difference. The wipes were a great thickness/quality with just enough wetness to clean everything up. No irritation.

They're really soft - probably softer than the other disposable nappies we've tried in the last 7 years. Our newborn has a tendency to 'explode' and these nappies captured it all! So this is a real bonus for us - absolutely no irritation or wetness on her skin.

As our daughter is in need of a lot of tummy time, the designs were a great distraction whilst on her tummy on the changing table! She particularly enjoyed the white colourway with clouds! They're a brilliant fit for her too!

We're doing our very best with making more eco-friendly choices, something that isn't so easy with a newborn. These wipes take away the Mum-guilt of using regular wipes. We're total converts!

For us, I felt the wipes were quite thick - a lot better quality than we've used in the past and I felt they were just wet enough. Though, like a lot of wipes, they don't come out one at a time. The fact that they're biodegradable (biodegrading quicker than FOOD!) is quite amazing. Love that the packaging is also recycled.

We loved the smell of the body and hair wash. It was fresh and cosy. The lotion also left our daughters skin smooth and what little hair she has, smelling lovely. I loved that I could use the pump one-handed too - something that is completely necessary with a slippy newborn in your hands! I felt a little went a long way, so guess it would be good value for money too.

BristolMum96 Wed 20-Nov-19 18:36:46

The wipes. Soft and easy to get out of the packet, good cleaning ability!

Super soft!

Very child friendly and inspiring to 'chat' about

Brilliant. All wipes should be. I didn't feel so bad using them over reusable

Wasn't too keen on smell, very easy to dispense but kept dribbling down the bottle and making it sticky. Baby's skin felt lovely and soft and clean after use and doesn't seem to irritate

ilovecake77 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:09:49

The nappies,they were a great fit,very soft and leak proof.

They were very soft on my childs skin,they seemed very comfortable and not bulky like other brands i have used.

designs on nappies dont really bother me as i just care about how absorbent and comfortable they are,but designs did seem cute and fun.
I love this about these wipes as i do feel guilty when using wipes that arent biodegradable,i personally wouldnt switch to these wipes though as they didnt seem as moist as other wipes i have used.

Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.
i liked the hair and body wash,its smell was not overpowering and left my childs skin clean and soft and did not irritate it,its pump dispenser was great to use and i really liked the foaming aspect.

Normallylurking87 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:11:33

I liked the nappies best. I was really impressed with how soft they were and how well they stopped leaks. I tried the nappies before with my older child and wasn't a fan, there seems to have been a clear improvement!

They were incredibly soft and caused no irritation to my child.
I liked how bold the designs were and found them to be gender neutral. My older child liked the elephants on the blue ones, she kept spotting them on each nappy change, so that kept her occupied too!

It made me feel much less guilty about the sheer volume of wipes I use on a daily basis.

I liked how easy it was to use and how it came out like a foam. I found it made my baby's skin incredibly soft but slightly dry in small patches.

Sugarhouse Wed 20-Nov-19 19:31:59

The nappies they were a nice fit and not bulky
They felt very soft
I liked the bright designs they were a bit more interesting than most nappies
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? This is a big plus but I don’t think they felt as nice as my normal wipes and I don’t think they did the job as well
I liked that it was gentle on skin and was easy to dispense

mizzy2 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:36:04

I loved the hair and body wash as it smelt so nice and made my baby's skin so soft.

The nappies were quite soft and I didn't need to use extra barrier cream which meant the nappies were kind against my son's skin.

They were very sweet with cute animals. Nice colours but I wouldn't buy nappies based on a design.

This is brilliant, I have been using cotton wool and water and these are just as good as that. Great to know that they won't harm the environment. If everyone used these then there would be a lot less landfill.

The smell is amazing, the fact it goes straight into foam is useful to make things quicker. My baby had super soft skin and hair afterwards. I personally wouldn't use any product on a newborn as they have their own protection from vernix. Great that it is hypoallergenic, I have given the rest of the bottle to my sister in law to use on her boy who has eczema and has tried everything. So far his skin has been ok.

Tefiti2 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:42:27

I liked the wipes best - they cleaned really well and my DDs skin didn’t react at all to them.
Lovely and soft inside, which is a bonus, however they leaked overnight unfortunately, so although I’d recommend them for daytime, I wouldn’t use them again at night as it’s such a hassle to have to wake baby to change their whole outfit!
The pictures were cute and unisex.
Huge bonus for me, to know they won’t be in landfill for hundreds of years!
The wash left our hair lovely and shiny, and was perfect for my baby’s sensitive skin - the foam application is much easier to use one handed as it doesn’t leave baby slippery like traditional soap can! However, the scent was not appealing, and to me smelt like Dettol/antibacterial spray!

Stej7 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:46:36

Definitely the nappies. A perfect fit for my 8 week old and so soft and mouldable.
2) Describe the softness
of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.
Really soft, by far the softest nappies I’ve ever felt.
I personally thought they were fine. I’m not bothered by nappy designs usually. I wouldn’t buy nappies because they have designs on. However, my eldest son did ask why his little brother was wearing girls nappies!
Great. The number of wipes I use in a day, it took the guilt away.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Perfect for my little ones. Used it on him at 7 weeks with no problems. Great dispenser, good volume dispensed. Liked the softness of baby’s skin and no issues with it on the skin. Not too bothered about the smell, but that’s probably my personal taste,

Tasha042 Wed 20-Nov-19 19:52:56

The nappies because they are super soft and very absorbent. No leaks even at bedtime! Very impressed with the quality of these nappies.

As soft as a lambs fleece.

I love the animals. They're very cute.

Very happy with the biodegradeable quality. I was suprised that they're more textured than a plastic wipe so I only needed to use half as many.
I love how easy the pump is to use. My eldest also found the foam soap fun to play with. Both of my daughters have sensitive skin so I was happy that they were both fine with this soap.

rediredi Wed 20-Nov-19 20:10:51

Wipes-very gentle and almost like reusable wipes I have that I use with just water. No irritation on my little one.
Very much like cotton, soft and really nice to feel.
Different designs instead of just one design on all. Although a bit more Vibrant colours would be better-these are very washed out.
I like that fact a lot! Hope the nappies could be too.
Very easy to use with one hand, especially when I have a small baby to deal with!

planty87 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:11:34

Absolutely love the nappies! Do you do them in a 32" waist? grin

As soon as I ripped open the packaging and took one out i commented on how nice and soft they felt. Was almost like a microfibre texture opposed to the standard crispy papery feel

Quite liked them actually, nice and bright colours, different to what ive seen before

Great, wipes are a big problem these days so its good to see someone is helping out the planet with one of the most commonly used items

Smells great, good lather and easy to apply. Skin and hair was lovely and soft once dried

Caillou Wed 20-Nov-19 20:26:19

I liked them all, but if I have to choose, it will be the nappies,
they have such cute designs on them, they are very soft, don't leak and are very good size wise.

You could feel that they were like cotton pads, extremely soft and gentle on the skin.

I tried them on my 2 years old, so I let him choose each time which one of the 2 designs he wanted to wear.
I like that they are colourful and different to what the leading brands offer.

that's a massive bonus, as I want to do my bit for the environment, but I like the convenience of wipes, so this is a perfect compromise.

I love the foam pump dispenser, it gives a very generous amount of cleaning foam and it is very easy to apply.
it does smell lovely too, my son's skin was feeling fresh and clean

ivfbabymomma1 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:43:50

I liked the nappies the best, they were really soft and so far no leaks!

Really soft - price depending I will convert

I did like the design but a few designs were upside side on the front which did confuse me initially but it doesn’t take much

I felt a lot less guilty about using them but they were a little dry in comparison so I used 2/3 compared to the 1 Aldi wipe I would use

The body wash left babies skint lovely and soft and the pump design was good but I found once on the baby it didn’t lather as well as some

All in all I would definitely use the wipes & nappies again.

nervousfirsttimer1985 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:48:05

esters, please answer the following questions:
1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? The body wash as l loved the scent of it.

The nappies felt very soft and caused no irritation to my little boys skin.

I loved that they were very colourful and funky. They were also gender neutral too.

I love that they were biodegradable and plastic free. I had been looking for an alternative wipe after I found out that the current ones I used contained plastic. These might be the alternative as they smell fresh and are also a good size. Theyare also quite moist so you don't need to use a lot of them.
I loved the scent as I said before. It just smells so fresh. It was so easy to pump out with one hand and also as it was the foam, you don't need to use as much so you do not waste any. It is great that is is hypoallergenic as it sets your mind at rest that there should be no reaction to this.

Overall I was really impressed by the quality of all of the products. The fact they are environmentally friendly makes them even better. I am happy I was picked as a tester for them and I will be recommending them to my friends and family.

Elmo230885 Wed 20-Nov-19 20:58:21

1 I loved the nappies. I primarily use washable nappies so disposables are used overnight and if I'm out and us sure about available!e facilities. Initially they seem very thin but when you use them they are very absorbent and seem like they were comfortable for DS. I like that they aren't 'plasticy' at all.

2 The nappies are very soft.

3 The designs are very cute. DS is too you to notice though at present.

4 I love that the wipes are biodegradable as it helps relieve a little guilt about not using washable wipes.

5 The cleanser was OK. Was a little underwhelmed and the dispenser 'dribbled' a little after use.

Monkerina Wed 20-Nov-19 21:04:53

I like the nappies best- cute designs, fit well, absorbent, yet to have a leak, biodegradable- what's not to love!

The nappies are comfortable and soft, they fit my baby like cosy well worn trousers rather than a boxy nappy.

We liked the weather designs on the nappies- they're cute and friendly, and match well with the raindrop/rainbow/sun Frugi designs we like and wear all the time!

I really liked that the wipes are biodegradable, it makes me feel a lot better about using single use solutions rather than reusable products.

I loved the smell of the hair and body wash, and it is really easy to dispense from the pump bottle, super useful when baby is wriggly so there's one less thing to worry about! His hair and body smell amazing and haven't had any irritation at all, perfect.

shivbo2014 Wed 20-Nov-19 21:33:07

I liked the nappies the best. Really nice fit and so soft, looked really comfortable.

These are the softest nappies I've used. Moulded to baby's skin as they weren't rigid like other nappies.

Loved the blue nappies all the characters were very cute... My 5 year old also loved them.

Great as knowing how many wipes go to landfill it's nice that these are biodegradable.

Really liked the body wash. It came out easily and I loved the foamy texture made it easy to apply to baby's skin and hair. Very mild scent that I liked. Left hair shiny and soft.

Teladi Wed 20-Nov-19 21:50:57

The bottom balm, I like the pump action dispenser, it goes well onto the skin and seems to fix any redness promptly.

I was impressed by the softness and that they didn't feel plasticky. I do think they smell a little odd as soon as they've been weed in but I guess that just lets you know to change them!!

I thought the characters were cute and colourful.

This was what attracted me to try the products. I feel like all wipes should be!

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic.

The foam feels light and the pump dispenser easy to use while you're baby wrangling. It smells lovely and is not drying on baby's skin.

armoholt Wed 20-Nov-19 22:06:10

I loved the nappies there was no leaks and they felt really soft. There was no redness on nappy changes so it absorbs really quickly.
The nappies were really soft and easy to remove from the packet.
I love that they were compact and easy to remove from the packaging they didn’t stick together.
I felt good that I was doing something good to protect the environment
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? the pump dispenser which meant there was little wastage. It smelt great too and my little one hair nice and soft.
Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic

problembottom Wed 20-Nov-19 22:12:49

The nappies - they looked adorable, were a great fit and most importantly no leaks.

Wonderfully silky to the touch, I loved having nappies so soft for my baby’s skin.

I like the fact they stand out from the norm. The designs made me smile.

Great - I am trying to be as eco-friendly as possible around the house and wipes are a big concern.

I liked the fact my baby’s skin was soft and irritation free afterwards. She is prone to a touch of eczema so that is most important for me. Loved the smell tho I must add.

BridgetJonesDaiquiri Wed 20-Nov-19 22:25:41

The nappies - soft, seemed comfortable, no leaks (including a couple of poonami situations!) and incredibly cute designs. I also liked how thin the nappies felt, but still very absorbent. The naval cut out for newborns is a good idea as well.

Very soft to touch and against baby's skin. No nappy rash.

I thought they were pretty funky! My LO is only 12 weeks but I chatted to her about the designs during her changes.

Positive - they worked well and I like the fact that they are more sustainable than regular wipes.

Smelled great and I liked the pump action. Seemed kind to baby's skin.

Triskaidekaphilia Wed 20-Nov-19 23:53:32

The wash was my favourite. It smelled really nice and was better than standard body wash for getting under DD's chubby chin where fluff collects. She seemed to enjoy her bath with it. Plus it had a very 'premium' feel to it.

The nappies did seem softer than any others I've tried so that was the main advantage of them. They were a similar fit to the ones we usually use (lidl lupilu)- DD is tall and slim around the middle but with chunky thighs so she needs a wide nappy to avoid thigh leaks.

The first one I picked out had cats on which endeared me to them as I love cats! The other 'sky' design was cute too. But I would have liked some distinction between front and back to be honest, that is more important than the overall look for me. Also I found it unusual that there were only 2 designs- most I've used have either all been the same or had 4-5 slightly different designs. If this is a main feature I would suggest more different designs in a pack.

It's good to know they biodegrade so quickly. I didn't like them as much as my normal wipes as they weren't as soft and several got tangled in the packet. But could probably get over that for the eco credentials.

As already mentioned the wash was my favourite of the products I tried and depending on price I will probably buy it again. I already use a nice brand but this was even better. It was easy to use, I didn't get too much out like I always end up doing with our other shampoo. I liked the smell a lot and it left DDs skin very soft. She has mild cradle cap and this didn't irritate it. Because of the foam texture I think it could also be great for use with a reusable wipe to freshen up after a poo explosion without needing a full bath.

Miskate Thu 21-Nov-19 08:46:36

The wipes. Loved that they were biodegradable, and they stood up well against my usual brand.

extremely soft and absorbent

My little boy liked pointing to the designs and naming them

Very, very happy, made me want to buy again.

My sons both have very sensitive skin, it didn't irritate them and I loved the smell.

JenPanda Thu 21-Nov-19 09:57:37

1) My favourite mum &you product is the body and hair wash. I love the smell and it’s so mild on my newborn yet smells delicious that I have also been using it on my 3 year old. I love the pump as when my little boy has been sick in his hair I can just pump a little into a flannel and quickly clean his hair. I would never have brought this online as I worry about how things smell and if they are mild enough for children’s skin but this is really worth it’s weigh in gold.
2.)
The nappies feel so soft, every bit of the nappy is soft from the inside, on the legs and even the outside. Yet it is still effective as other nappies.
3)
The nappies are designed with cute pictures. Having a boy it isn’t really necessary but when I had my little girl these would have been ideal when they wear little dresses and skirts they would have looked really cute. I like the designs as my little girl easily finds them and helps at nappy times.
4)
So the first time I used the wipes was for a mega poo. I only needed two wipes to clean the whole thing up. They are a good size and wet enough to get all the mess off. I love the fact they are biodegradable as having two children I feel that we create a lot of waste. It feels good knowing we are doing our little bit for the environment.
5)
This hair and body wash is my new favourite body wash. I love the smell it’s fresh but not overpowering. It’s gentle and mild and the pump is great as no spillages. I tend to use a little bit on my newborns hair as he is often sick. I also found its great on my older child, she loved pumping it into water and having a wash. I didn’t have anything to worry about when using this product as it’s hypoallergenic.

I would love to see more products following this ethos - good quality and great for the environment

cravingmilkshake Thu 21-Nov-19 10:02:46

I liked the body wash best, it didn't irritate her eyes and she smelled lovely after.

Nappies were lovely and soft and as other posters said, we had no leaks. The brand we use typically doesn't do so well after a poonami in the car after baby yoga, but these ones held it in.

I guess the design were bright and colourful but it's not a deal breaker for me as no one really takes notice.

Yes, I would buy any wipes if the USP was that they were bidegradable. However, these wipes felt tougher and not as moist so I would not buy this brand on that basis.

Love all aspects of this. The ones we have used it so far, she slept 12 hours! Leaves her skin feeling soft and smelling lovely.

Jellybean100 Thu 21-Nov-19 10:42:16

probably the nappies. They were super absorbent and soft
lovely and soft
i didn’t have much of an opinion on the design to be honest i thought they looked a bit cheap-sorry!
great!
loved the smell, loved the pump and the fact it was a foam. My baby has sensitive skin and no reaction at all

Mimozaaa Thu 21-Nov-19 12:30:20

We loved the nappies they were pefect fir and really comfortable. And they soak really well we didnt have any leaks .

They were soft and comfortable.
That they are biodegradable and with fun designs .
It’s perfect for our planet .

Very subtle smell , the baby skin reacted well to it we didn’t had any rashes when using it . And the babys skin feel so soft after using it .

HangryCaterpillar Thu 21-Nov-19 13:27:00

The hair and body wash for sure, the pump was easy to use and didn't irritate my daughter's sensitive skin.

They were really nice and soft, I wouldn't say they were any softer than our usual nappies though.

The patterns were cute and different but found the shape just didn't fit my baby and we had leaks.

It did make me feel slightly better about using disposable wipes however I'd be interested to know how well they actually degrade in the situation they're likely to end up in (in a nappy bag, in landfill).

I really liked the wash, it was easy to use and I liked how foamy it was so you didn't have to lather. It was also nice and gentle on delicate skin.

Changingagain Thu 21-Nov-19 13:45:11

The wipes. They were soft, didn't irritate my babies skin (or the psoriasis on my hands), cleaned up well and felt much stronger and more substantial than our usual wipes. Knowing that they are biodegradable is a big bonus too.

They were lovely and soft. My baby seemed comfortable in them despite the fact that she is on the border of needing the next size up.

As soon as I took the first nappy out of the pack I was telling my husband to have a look at how lovely they are. I thought the animal pattern were really sweet yet generic.

Brilliant. Makes me wonder why bigger brands can't do it.

I liked that I could use it with one hand, the smell and it felt nice.
My 4 year old however said it smelt like old shoes with jam on which I was a bit baffled by.

ArrabellaAM Thu 21-Nov-19 17:31:52

I really liked the nappies. I liked the patterns as they are cheerful and colourful. I liked that the nappies are so thin and light - I initially worried this would mean they weren't very absorbent but I was pleasantly surprised. I often have to put my son in size 4 pampers overnight due to leaks in a size 3 but the size 3 mum & you nappies were great and didnt leak once no matter what position he slept in.

The nappies are nice and soft both the inside and outside - they didnt irritate my sons skin or rub on his thighs.

I liked that they were colourful and cheery. I also liked that there were two different designs so I could entertain my son during the nappy change by showing him the pictures and talking about them.

Quite pleased. I've recently invested in reusable wipes to use whilst weaning as I found normal wipes (even water wipes etc..) seemed to make my son have a rash. These wipes didnt seem to cause a rash and also are sturdy enough to do the job both for nappy changes and his face after meals. Having used wipes that are both too wet and too dry these were perfect.

I really liked the body wash, it was very easy to use especially with it being a foam when my son is particularly wriggly it was easy to wash him with it without having to spend time lathering normal soap up.
I initially found the smell slightly clinical it's very fresh and clean smelling however this wasnt a negative for me.
I was impressed with how soft my sons skin felt after using it. His hair didnt feel particularly soft but I also have the same issue with some other shampoos. He had recently developed some dry patches on his skin and this didn't exacerbate them.
I would have been happy to use this when my son was a newborn as the scent is mild and the foam feels creamy/soft.

I would definitely recommend these products to friends/family. The only slight issue I had was the wipes clumping together on occaision when getting them out of the packet however I'm yet to find a brand that doesnt.

msatlantis Thu 21-Nov-19 19:02:56

The nappies. They were markedly softer than my usual brand.
Very soft. Imagine more comfortable for baby.
Insert for navel. The designs themselves were quite sweet, a 'conversation' starter with baby during change time.
This was really positive. Though they did contain a few more ingredients than my usual water wipes so I'm not sure I would buy again.
Seems like it would last ages. Easy to dispense. My toddler also wanted to try this and he liked the foaminess of it!

aynsleyred Thu 21-Nov-19 20:09:07

I was really impressed with the wipes. For being biodegradable they felt strong and were just the right wetness.

They were lovely and soft and very slim, I wasn’t expecting them to be as absorbent as they were.

They were colourful, which makes a nice change from the rest on the market.

Great, so pleased finally there are some out there that are biodegradable! Makes me feel better about using them.

I liked the fact it was light and not too ‘soapy’ so it didn’t take a lot of effort to rinse it off. I also liked the delicate fragrance and that it didn’t foam up too much for my newborn’s skin.

Mrsmarshmallow Thu 21-Nov-19 21:13:45

I was really impressed with the nappies. They were as good, if not better than any non eco friendly brand.

Nappies felt soft and gentle on babies skin.

The patterns are lovely. I like that they have the blue wetness strip which a lot of the brand don't have.

Very pleased. I feel incredibly guilty using baby wipes on a regular basis and try to minimise my usage of them. But while reusable cloths are ok for sticky fingers and faces, biodegradable wipes are much better and hygienic for bottoms. It takes away a lot of guilt knowing they will not be damaging the environment when thrown away.

The body wash was nice but I couldn't really see any real benefit over using other cheaper high street brands. There was no obvious environmental benefit aside from being vegan as packaging was plastic.

silverrose56 Thu 21-Nov-19 21:22:48

The wipes, they worked well and it was nice to know that they are biodegradable.

They were very soft and seemed comfortable for my daughter.

I preferred the white nappies as the blue ones show through a lot of outfits.

Makes me feel better about using wipes.

The smell is lovely and lasted for a while afterwards. My daughter's skin felt good and she didn't have any reactions to it.

Russell19 Fri 22-Nov-19 03:44:46

Definitely the nappies, very soft and love the fact they are good for the environment as I sometimes use cloth nappies to try and reduce landfill waste.

They were really soft, cotton like, almost felt a bit fluffy.

I absolutely love the concept of the characters and the 'nappychat' idea is lovely! I am a reception teacher and see too many children coming to school with poor vocabulary and speech in my area so anything that promotes conversation with babies/toddlers is great to me. However, the packet really didn't explain this idea or promote that 'chat' element. I only found this out from looking online on the website when I thought 'what on earth does nappychat mean?!' This needs to be way more prominent and clear on the packaging as it makes the brand so unique. Maybe the characters could be pictured? Or a little paper booklet included in the pack of nappies to explain? It is clear from the feedback I have read (1st page) that nobody else understood this as not one person has mentioned it. The characters being described as 'colourful' and 'cute' really doesn't capture what a great idea this is.
I loved it and it made me feel way less guilty about using wipes. I didn't like the wipes though, they were too thin and I used way more than I normally would. Maybe this is due to them being biodegradable though I'm not sure. Don't think I'd buy them though.

The smell was lovely and very easy to use one handed. Great it is suitable for newborns and that it is hypoallergenic but most washes on the market are. I much preferred the massage oils as they are more unique.

Itsalwayssunny Fri 22-Nov-19 04:27:19

Definitely the nappies. They were really great, super absorbent and I loved the fact they were made sustainably without harsh chemicals.

They were really soft and my LO was very comfortable in them.

The design was ok, more going on than most other brands, my two year old liked looking at them when I was changing the baby.

Great, in principal. However I didn't find the wipes stood up to my usual brand, and as they were quite dry I used more than I normally would during a nappy change.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Face and Body Wash?
The pump made it so easy to use one handed. It was nice and soft on my LOs skin and the no tears was an added bonus.

Hungryhippo01 Fri 22-Nov-19 07:40:56

We loved the nappies, they are super soft and do not leak. Did not expect eco friendly nappies to out perform our regular nappies.

2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried?

Perfect, very soft.

3) What did you like best about the design on the nappies?

Cute prints in muted colours images printed on nappies did not show through babies vests.

4) How did you feel about the fact the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable?

Really liked the eco credentials but found the wipes slightly dry.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair and Body wash?

Smells devine but nog great for babies with lots of hair. Took multiple pumps to get enough to lather baby's head of hair. Felt like a lot of product was used compared to our normal shampoo. Although lovely as a body wash.

RogueV Fri 22-Nov-19 09:46:17

The nappies. I thought they were fantastic and looked great. I will definitely be purchasing them in the future.

Very soft! And brilliant design. No irritation on little one.

So cheerful, modern and engaging for baby as well.

I love the fact that they are biodegradable, makes me feel slightly better about using them.

I liked the simple but easy to use packaging, it washed really well, baby had to irritation from it but it cleansed superbly.

KittySlicker Fri 22-Nov-19 12:05:10

I liked all three, but probably the wipes as even though thinner they performed really well and I like the idea of them being biodegradable.

They were soft. As soft as pampers, which I find it hard to compete with. Daughter certainly seemed comfy and fit was good.

They were cute. We're a cat household so my older sons really liked them, too!

Good. In the world of babies and nappies it certainly bugs me when we whizz through wipes and the thought of them hanging about in landfill...

The smell is fab. It lingers without being too full on. The pump dispenses easily and it goes quite far with a little baby so a couple of pumps is all that is required. It rinses easily, too.

unexpectedthird Fri 22-Nov-19 14:13:55

The wipes. I thought they were just as good as huggies etc and loved that they were biodegradable.

We used them for faces, hands and general wiping as well as nappy changing and they did really well there too.

I thought the nappies felt soft and liked the softness of the elasticated bits. I don't ferl they were significantly softer than other premium brands though.

I liked the white design best. They are eyecatching but I don't really mind what nappies look like to be honest.

I loved this fact. I would be happy to buy or use them based on this alone. It's even better that they are great wipes.

We really liked this. It was easy to use and we liked the smell. My LO is 8 weeks old and has dry skin and this was lovely and gentle. It was the first time we'd used anything skin wise when bathing him.

He also has LOTS of hair and it smelled lovely and was gorgeous and fluffy after we used it. I'd definitely buy some.

bairnk Fri 22-Nov-19 15:10:59

I loved the nappies, they were really soft and no issues with leaks on my 7 week old ds.
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.*

Very soft, usually use aldi nappies which am generally very happy with but these definitely felt softer, thin, almost cloth like and less of a slightly chemical smell than you get with other nappies.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies?*

I had size 2 which were grey and white with clouds and animal designs. The designs were lovely and cute but I felt very 'girly'. It would slightly put me off buying them for my son again.

Really good, definite concern of mine the amount of non biodegradable waste produced with a young baby so using biodegradable wipes does ease the conscience very slightly and they were still good and effective wipes.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic*

Smell was lovely, liked the pump action bottle and no reaction to skin on baby or toddler.

WalesStar Sat 23-Nov-19 15:00:28

The nappies. They were so soft and much more absorbent than our normal ones. They also had really nice designs and haven’t caused any irritation.

They were very soft. I had no reservations about placing them next to my baby’s skin.

They were nice. Also liked the fact that they had a wetness indicator as the size 3 ones we have been using don’t have one.

It made me feel more comfortable about using them.

The bottle is easy to use when trying to bath a baby at the same time. I liked the fact that it hasn’t irritated my baby’s sensitive skin and scalp.

absolutehush Sat 23-Nov-19 21:49:01

The nappies! They were fun, absorbent and more reliable than other similar brands

Really soft and lovely for baby. I also liked that they didn't have the weird smell that other disposable nappies have.

Variety! And cheery without being infantile. It's often mums rather than babies that see these things and I like that they were too babyish!

The impact of disposable wipes really bothers me and I often feel guilty using them. Knowing these were biodegradable was a real weight off my mind!

I liked the dispenser... BUT I have a mixed race child (who has dry skin) and I found this product a little drying for her skin and hair. I don't think I would use this again for this reason even though I enjoyed the other features - smell, dispenser, the fact that it seemed to get prunes out of Afro hair!!

owlofathena Sun 24-Nov-19 13:51:34

I loved the nappies. They were so soft and absorbent. I tested them with my very active two year old daughter and never once had a leak. She seemed extremely comfortable and would allow me to put the nappy on her each time - not a regular occurrence I can tell you!

I thought the sizing was very accurate. I tested the size 3 nappies and really couldn't fault the fit on them. They moved with her and even after being on for 12 hours over night my daughter was dry and comfortable, the nappy having contained everything.

The colours were lovely. I use cloth nappies as much as possible but do like to have disposable nappies for stand bye. My daughter is used to the pretty colours of cloth nappies so she absolutely loved the blue nappies in the pack. They were so bright and cheerful.

For a disposable nappy the softness was amazing. They didn't feel plasticy or synthetic, they have a very cloth like texture which has meant no nappy rash during the period that we tested them for. I am very impressed!

As previously stated my two year old daughter, like all two year olds, doesn't stay still and can sometimes find that disposable nappies chaf and become uncomfortable. This hasn't happened once while using these nappies.

The colour and brightness of the nappy. They are eye catching and add a bit more excitement to nappy change time. My daughter is often reluctant to put a new nappy on after changing her but I found with these nappies she liked to look at the pictures and would happily choose which nappy she wanted to wear (normally the blue one). I think for this point alone they are very good for children who also wear cloth nappies as they look and feel like s cloth nappy, which avoids the confusion for the child.

This is the first time I have ever used a 100% biodegradable baby wipe and I must say I am very impressed! I try to use flannels and water as much as possible in place of wipes at home but this isn't always possible when out and about. The fact that they are plastic free is a definite selling point for them and I would definitely buy more of them in the future. It definitely takes the guilt out of using a disposable wipe. The softness of the wipes cannot be faulted either.

The hair and body wash is very easy to use. The pump design of the bottle allows you to use one hand to dispense it, very handy when you have a wiggly toddler to wash. My daughter absolutely hates having her hair washed using shampoo and will scream the house down everytime we attempt it, however she had no adverse reaction to the foaming wash in her hair. The smell is very mild and gentle and even when some got in her eyes she wasn't too upset, only a few tears compared to the angry screaming we usually get! I would definitely recommend it for use as a hair wash for toddlers!

It is very convenient to have a product for both hair and body, allowing parents to only need to place one bottle by the bath, which is definitely a bonus when you have a very inquisitive two year old to wash. I did however feel that as a body wash it was not as good for an older child. It felt like I needed to use quite a lot to wash her whole body whereas with her usual soap and flannel o wouldn't use that much.

I am due a baby in a month time and will definitely use this body wash once he is here. The wash feels very soothing and kind to a newborns skin.

Wonderland18 Sun 24-Nov-19 20:55:17

1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? The body and hair wash, it was fantastic, tear free and not thick or over soapy
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried. I did like these nappies texture and feel but couldn’t switch from my usual brand.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? I love the look and freshness of these nappies, they were happy and cute designs
Love it! Fantastic for the environment.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Smells great and not over powering, was refreshing and made my little one super soft and so gentle and caused zero reactions which is saying a lot as my little one reacts to a good few baby washes.

blubelle7 Mon 25-Nov-19 05:50:27

First of all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this range. Thank you Mum & You and MNHQ for letting me test this product! I loved every single bit of the range.

Where to start! A very strong three-way tie. The nappies were lovely and soft and very absorbent. No odour and no bulge when soiled. I had to remember to change baby. Also my baby is long and lean and despite being 11 months old wears a size 3 and 4 but neither really fit well in most brands, these nappies were a perfect fit.
The body wash was perfect. Left my baby's skin feeling soft and gorgeous and the same for his hair. I was very hesitant to try it on my baby's hair as he has 4C hair, and I avoid at all costs using products that are not specifically for afro hair on his hair as they leave it dry and brittle. His hair was deliciously lush and soft. That is no easy feat for a product not designed specifically for type 4 hair.

The bath oil added to baby and even my bath was amazing and left our skin glowing!

Where have you been all my life Mum & You???

The nappies were soft and comfortable. They did not have a scratchy feel to them like some of the top brands. They were very absorbent as well and odorless when wet.

I liked the designs especially the blue ones. It was nicer than the generic white with a few doodles here and there. They were fun and quirky!
It made me feel better about using wipes. I like knowing they are eco-friendly and wouldn't mind paying more as I know my usual brand isn't.

It smelt lovely and was very gentle on my baby's skin. He has had sensitivity issues before and one top brand "suitable for newborns" left him with very dry skin after use. My baby's skin was soft and moist after use and smelling good. It is definitely safe for newborns and I love that it is hypoallergenic. It was great for his hair as well which is very difficult to find a mainstream product suitable for 4C afro hair. It left his hair feeling lovely and soft.

I would recommend this whole range to anyone

Weemargaret Mon 25-Nov-19 10:42:27

My favourite was the nappies. I liked that they are biodegradable and contain no plastic. They were very absorbent and I liked the pictures on them, as did my daughter and it made a nappy change that bit more fun. They fit well and there were no leaks while she used them. They were thick and cosy and felt soft on her skin. To me they were a very high quality product.

They were very soft and didn't irritate my daughter's skin at all. Some nappies we have used before have left marks on her skin from the elastic but these nappies didn't do that either. She seemed very comfortable in them.

I thought it made them stand out from other nappies and were something different. It's nice to have a different option to white nappies all the time. My daughter loved them and would point out all the different pictures on them and laugh. They make an everyday item more fun.

This is very important to me as I don't like the idea of adding to landfill with our household's use of wipes. I thought they were good quality and feel happy using them over other wipes as I know they are biodegradable.

I thought the smell was lovely and lasted on my daughter's hair for the rest of the day. It was easy to use and cleaned my daughter's hair well, leaving it soft and shiny once dry. Her skin was soft after her bath and smelled clean and fresh. I think this would be very suitable for newborns as it is mild and gentle. My daughter doesn't have any allergies but this is perfect for children who do. The packaging wasn't very exciting and wouldn't stand out to me in a store but I'm not sure if this is the finished packaging.

Thanks for letting us try these products, it was a fun and interesting experience!

QueenOfCatan Mon 25-Nov-19 13:08:15

The nappies! Loved how colourful they are, and not bulky like some nappies.

They were nice and soft, I have dry hands and nappies often rub them in a not nice way but m&y nappies didn't so much which was nice.

How colourful they are! Really fun designs and colours that are reminiscent of reusables.

I like it a lot, though I likely would t buy them as they were very clumpy and stuck together when trying to get them out of the pack which was annoying.

I wasn't a huge fan of it to be honest. I think the pump bottle is great and it was fine on my kids skin (7mo and 3yo) but the foam was a pain to use on anything submerged as it washed off my hand as soon as it hit the water. The smell was quite bland too, not nice but I didn't dislike it either.

ShrimpingViolet Mon 25-Nov-19 14:43:18

The nappies - the size 3s were a good fit despite having just moved six-month-old DD into size fours in another brand as she was sometimes leaking at night.

Very soft and comfortable.

The bright colours and variation in the designs. Also liked the wetness indicator which isn't on the brand we usually use.

Positive - it's good to know you're not causing quite as much impact on the environment. They weren't as efficient at clean up as water wipes though.

Hair and body wash is great and a little goes a long way. Easy to just push down on the pump while holding a slippery baby with the other hand, smells nice, sensitive on DD's skin.

kimmy28 Mon 25-Nov-19 14:43:26

The nappies - they fitted my baby perfectly, the tabs stayed in place even though my baby is very active. No nappy rash or leaks occurred and they felt very soft.

They were very soft and gentle for my baby. He seemed very comfortable wearing these nappies.

I liked the pictures.. They seemed bright and colourful, but not too over powering.

This is a great idea, as we use so many wipes. So to have biodegradable ones is good for the environment.

It was easy to dispense and apply to my baby. I thought it smelt great and washed him well.

3timesthechaos Mon 25-Nov-19 14:44:09

The nappies. Very soft and didn’t leak.

The nappies are very soft. Like cotton wool. I’ve had some nappies that have a sort of cardboard texture so these are lovely.

They are so cute and colourful. Very fun design.

I love that they are biodegradable. Makes me feel like I’m doing my bit to help the planet. It’s shocking how many nappies are thrown in landfills that don’t biodegrade so it’s important to have alternatives.

I love how easy it is to use and perfect for my baby’s sensitive skin. My baby’s skin can get very dry after baths but this has left it feeling smooth. Plus it smells lovely.

XhellsX Mon 25-Nov-19 14:45:12

The foaming hair and body wash, the scent is nice and not too strong. I would definitely feel safe using it on a newborn.
They definitely felt really soft.
I like designs on nappies they’re super cute, gives mum something to look at whilst changing bums.
I like that they’re biodegradable but I felt like they were too thin.
LOVED the hair and body wash was super easy to use and my little girl even helped rub it in for the first time because it was foamy. The scent was really nice and not too strong. Would definitely feel safe using it on newborns.

EmberRainbow Mon 25-Nov-19 14:51:57

The wipes, easy to dispense, not to dry/wet and kind on skin.

Beautifully soft and not to bulky

Colourful and quirky

Good, I use wipes so would prefer to use ones that are biodegradable

Love the easy dispenser and it’s gentle on babies skin but tough enough to remove nursery dirt from messy toddler and nice smelling too!

AdamantEve Mon 25-Nov-19 15:05:38

I did like the nappies best and have actually ordered three packs from the website already BUT I don’t know if it’s just bad luck but for the past few days we’ve had leaks which is annoying as they do seem to fit well.

The nappies were really soft. We normally use pampers which I find softer than other brands but these beat pampers hands down for softness, they have a real fabric-y feel about them.

The designs were colourful and made the nappies distinctive but would like a different design on each size - I tested size 3 and have since purchased size 4 and the designs are the same.

I thought this was great and a good selling point but in honesty, I was putting soiled wipes into a plastic nappy sack which completely negates their biodegradability - can you think about creating a complementary range of nappy sacks maybe?
As a side note, the wipes were quite scratchy I found so probably wouldn’t be my first choice if i saw them in a shop.

I liked that this wash felt gentle for my babies skin, the fragrance was mild and it wasn’t overly soapy. I felt confident using it and would use on a newborn also.

PinkLisianthus Mon 25-Nov-19 15:06:02

1)Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?
I liked the wipes best of all.
Soft and gentle, but still strong, and I feel a lot less guilty knowing they will biodegrade.
I wasn't overly impressed with the nappies as we had several leaks. I've found this with other brands of eco friendly nappies too. Pampers are definitely more absorbent.

Very soft and gentle next to baby's skin.

I thought they were nice and colourful

Excellent, a really good product that I would buy regularly.

It has a lovely silky texture, not drying, and the fragrance is subtle.

Lunafortheloveogod Mon 25-Nov-19 15:46:20

I really liked the body wash, as it’s already foamed up it’s very easy to use for quick top n tails after nappy explosions.. which with a tummy bug we had a fair few. The scents not over powering either and it didn’t flare up my sons eczema.

The insides of the nappies do feel very soft like cottony texture and didn’t have any harsh channels like some of the other channel style brands.

The cute patterns on the outside are so much nicer than the more expensive white shell nappies and they help to disguise the wetness line

I’d like to see a little more research on how degradable they are especially for home composting as nappies go to landfill I know a lot won’t break down as it would in a composting situation. But I still feel it’s an important step where cloth isn’t feasible.

I’m not 100% if I’d use the body wash on a newborn as the guidelines from the NHS are just water I believe. But it’d definitely be suitable as soon as their skin is ready, it’s not heavily scented like a lot of other high street brands, as it’s already a foam consistency it’s perfect for top and tail washes as well as full baths and as ds has eczema which never flared up I can say it’s been gentle enough for him and he still left baby soft afterwards. Hypoallergenic is always reassuring as we do have allergies to natural ingredients in the home so not needing to test soap on 3 people is always handy on its own, we do still check ingredients just incase.

silversplodge Mon 25-Nov-19 15:56:30

) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?
The nappies were soft and absorbant
They were very soft, akin to Pampers
They were bright and cheerful, I liked them
A big plus
Easy pump action, pleasant smell, skin soft after. It's good it's hyppallergen8c but I probably wouldn't use on a newborn as would only use plain water on newborn skin.

Pigriver Mon 25-Nov-19 16:04:55

The nappies. Nice and soft. Didn't smell chemically. No reactions and seemed comfy.
Very soft. Seemed less chemically than others.
I thought the designs looked a bit cheap but it wouldn't put me off. I prefer nappies with an elasticated back to stop runny newborn poo escaping.
Definitely the way forward but I wonder how they would biodegrade if wrapped in a nappy/nappy bag like most people do. We only use wipes when out and about so I rarely but but the plastic free aspect is a real positive.
It was ok, no real difference to our usual brand although the moose texture was nice. Baby wasn't dry after so no reactions etc. Not sure I could justify the extra cost to be honest.

maidenover Mon 25-Nov-19 17:56:17

I liked them all, if I have to pick a favourite it would be the nappies. They are a great fit, my DS outgrew size 3 pampers whilst we were testing but these ones are still fine.

They are nice and soft and appear to be very comfortable.

I like the designs, they are bright and cheerful.

I like this and it would definitely encourage me to use them. I try to use reusable wipes where possible, but disposable wipes are so handy so great to have a biodegradable choice.

I like the smell and the foaminess. It was definitely gentle enough for baby skin. I also got my 7 year old, who reacts to shower gel/ bubble bath, to try it and he had no reaction at all.

bippo Mon 25-Nov-19 17:59:32

Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?

I loved the hair and body wash. Was so lovely to use and my DS has quite sensitive skin so it was great to find something that I trusted wouldn't irritate it. The wipes were fab too.

They were lovely and soft, really nice and no horrible chemical smell.

They were really nice! My DS wasn't that bothered about looking at them but they were a good distraction at a tired bedtime. The nappies leaked a bit BUT I think that's because my son was just a bit too big for them and I don't think it was the fault of the nappy.

Was really good, and they were great cleaners.

As above, I really liked it and I would buy it. Also, and sorry if not appropriate, but I ran out of soap and used it once to shave my legs - no nicks and super soft legs!

Thank you very much for the opportunity to test this product.

vibecece Mon 25-Nov-19 19:20:46

I liked using the nappies, they feel so soft and have a lovely design on them.

They are gentle on my baby’s bum and seem to be comfortable when worn.

The designs are very pretty and look like pretty pants when worn.

A good idea one way to decrease landfill waste and good for the environment.

It washed my baby’s hair very well.

FlowerAndBloom Mon 25-Nov-19 20:15:51

I loved the baby bath oil the best it smelt gorgeous!!! My babies and my skin was so soft and sweet smelling afterwards and bath wasn't too slippy
I wasn't sent any nappies
N/A
I loved that as I've started to feel quite guilty about using wipes and plastic in general so made me feel better and knowing they are better for my children is great too. Wonderful innovation.
^I liked how it was a pump and was quite light and airy-nice smelling and no tears. So easy to use.

As part of my review I would like to state that I don't seem to have been sent the same products as everybody else (my testing kit below) but really enjoyed the ones I was sent such as the massage oil, bath oil, nappy cream etc. I had no nappies sent so couldn't test them. The products seem amazing and I was really happy with them all. Will be interesting to see the price point on them xx^

Elliebobtail Mon 25-Nov-19 23:13:09

Hmmm it’s a toss up between the wipes and the nappies. I loved the design feel and fit of the nappies, and I loved how degradable the wipes were.
Seriously soft! I think they are the softest nappies I have used! Plus they fit perfectly ( no leaks)
I loved that there were more than one colour and design. I loved how vibrant they were! And the pictures were cute!

I felt less guilty using them, and pleased I had found them. I also wondered if more companies will start making them this way.

I thought it smelt fine but maybe a little chemically to me but felt nice though. it was easy to use but I’m not sure I’d buy it.

Thanks for picking us!

kierie Tue 26-Nov-19 19:52:17

The bath wash. It was easy to use, smelt nice and left the children clean with soft hair.

I found them to be soft enough. They didn't irritate my baby's skin.

I felt that they were gender neutral, but not too my taste.

This would encourage me to buy the brand.

I found it to be pleasant smelling. It left the children feeling soft and clean. I could easily brush their hair afterwards. The bottle was easy to use. It didn't aggravate my children's sensitive skin.

I found the nappy cream bottle to be very difficult to use. I had to cut the end off of the tube to get to the cream as the pump wouldn't work. I think the bottle plus lid is a tricky combo when you're changing a nappy, as you're often one handed.
I liked the smell of the hair and body wash, but in the nappy balm, it was too strong. It was very similar to fragranced nappy sacks and reminded me of pooey nappies!

I think the eco credentials of the nappies needed to be stronger on the packaging. It was obvious on the wipes, but not the nappies.
I was pleased that the nappies lasted a full night without leaking.

I think that the packaging could be brought in line with the eco credentials of the product. The lids are unnecessary plastic, that could be avoided. Is there any recyclable packaging that could be used for the nappies?

Jallebi Tue 26-Nov-19 20:03:57

The wash was really good. My daughter has sensitive skin and mild eczema and the wash was really gentle on her skin.

Nappies were really soft and very absorbent. But I wish they were compostable (if they are compostable, the packaging really should make that clear).

They are nice and bright.

Love the fact that they are biodegradable, but I didn't find them to be as nice as the other biodegradable wipes we use (Aqua Wipes).

Ease of use and gentleness on baby's skin.

Shanmoore Wed 27-Nov-19 10:02:39

I absolutely loved the nappies! They are so soft and gentle on my little boys' skin, but also incredibly durable. He sleeps 12 hours at night and these had no problems keeping him dry and leak free!

They are so gentle. Definitely the best quality feeling nappies I've tried.

The designs were bright and colourful, perfect for little girls or boys! Arthur loved being distracted by holding a nappy and focusing on the design. This meant I could change him easier!

I'm very conscious of the way we treat our planet and these wipes make me feel like I'm doing my bit for the environment.

The hair and body wash smelled delicious! My babys' skin felt soft and moisturised after using this. It glides on the skin with ease and because it is hypoallergenic it is perfect for newborns or little ones with sensitive skin!

Iamthemotherofdragons Wed 27-Nov-19 10:04:50

The wipes. I like the fact that they are environmentally friendly but still gentle on the skin.

They were very soft. Probably softer than our normal brand.

I liked the ones with a blue background as they felt nice and bright. I also liked that they still had a wetness indicator on the size 3s.

Fantastic. It’s nice to use something that’s convenient but environmentally friendly.

It didn’t cause any reaction or dryness on my daughter’s skin. It smelt nice. Very easy to use.

GemDix Wed 27-Nov-19 10:16:19

The nappies were my favourite product. They were soft and flexible so more comfortable for baby.

They were very soft and flexible unlike other brands we have used.

They were fun cartoon images, made nappy changes more fun.

I think it’s fantastic, biodegradable without being flimsy.

It has a very light fragrance and the foam texture makes it easy to get baby clean. Even after the first use, her dry skin started to clear

WhyIRayLiotta Wed 27-Nov-19 10:39:42

I thought all three products were very good. I really liked the foam wash though. So easy to use, gentle on baby skin and my older kids loved that it was so foamy.

Super soft! I was a lil dubious that they’d cope with my baby who has the odd poo explosion! But they were great.

They were so bright compared to other brands.

It’s a brilliant selling point to me. The wipes weren’t as thick as my usual brand and they occasionally clumped together - but despite those minor qualms I would swap for the sake of the environment.

I liked that it didn’t have a strong scent but my baby still smelled clean after using it. I’m very precious about what goes on my babies skin as my oldest DC has bad eczema but this was great. Her skin felt soft and it got rid of all the fluff she seems to accumulate. It was also so easy to use. It foamed brilliantly and I think the bottle will last ages.

poojij4 Wed 27-Nov-19 10:39:57

1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? Nappies, suited well for my babies skin.
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried.- Soft enough
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? Looks good
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? Less carbon footprint always make me feel good.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Less chemicals

Flippant Wed 27-Nov-19 18:08:45

) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why?

I really liked the nappies. I usually use reusable and find that my 'heavy-wetter' boy leaks through most disposables. But not these ones! Also they didn't have that chemical smell a lot of disposables have.

The nappies are very soft both inside and out. The inside really absorbed all moisture and felt soft and dry to the touch even when sodden.

The designs are sweet and unisex - maybe too cute for my taste...

This is really important to me and I will buy these wipes for using while I'm out and about. I use reusable wipes at home.

It was great to be able to use it one handed while holding a slippery baby in the bath. I would happily have used this when Baby was newborn.

Hopeislost Thu 28-Nov-19 14:14:09

The nappies. They are really soft and performed well.
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried. They were very soft which is great as my baby's skin is very sensitive!
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? To be honest, I don't really care about nappy designs. It's not a buying factor for me.
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? Very pleased. I'm very conscious of our environmental impact and keen to make better choices.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic. It didn't irritate my baby's skin and I liked that the scent was subtle.

Triskaidekaphilia Fri 29-Nov-19 04:42:53

The mum&you site has a black friday sale on, I'm stocking up on the foam wash, it's £3 instead of £8.99!

LilMouseyBrown Fri 29-Nov-19 05:03:28

The baby wipes. They had a fresh fragrance, were the ideal size and thickness. They didn’t leave the skin feeling tacky after use like some others do.
2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried. The nappies were great too. Just the right softness, a good fit and absorbency.
3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? I thought they were cute and up to date designs.
4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? Happy. I’m not keen on wipes that aren’t 100% biodegradable. If I had a choice I’d always buy that type.
5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? The hair and body wash was very impressive, it smells gorgeous on my babies skin after washing. It’s easy to use when bathing the baby. One of the best I’ve tried.

rosti Fri 29-Nov-19 11:02:16

Sorry, completed the survey a couple of days ago but baby stuff got in the way so I haven't had chance to comment in this thread until now!

The nappies. No leaks, good size (they stretch far enough up the back which is always a good plan), and I like that they're made of sustainable wood pulp. I would definitely be keen to purchase more.

They feel quite soft and my baby seems comfortable.

Not really something I'm overly concerned about but they look nice and they're a lot more exciting than most other brands of nappies! My daughter enjoys looking at the designs if I hold up the new nappy and show it to her.

Fantastic. I really worry about our environmental impact, especially with disposable nappies and wipes. I would definitely buy these.

Easy to use and smells good. Good size.

rosti Fri 29-Nov-19 11:03:30

Oh, and no nappy rash while using these nappies, unlike other brands!

Neha86 Fri 29-Nov-19 14:44:05

1) Which Mum & You product did you like best and why? The wipes. They were soft yet strong. They were not too watery and they didn't rip when used for cleaning.

2) Describe the softness of the Mum & You nappychat nappies you tried- SUPER SOFT. When i first received them i wasn't sure they would work as they were so soft but they never leaked once

3) What did you like best about the designs on the nappies? How thin they are. I hate it when you have a thick nappy and it makes my baby's bum look big!

4) How did you feel about the fact that the Mum & You wipes are 100% biodegradable? This is amazing! Given the attention on the environment and the time taken for one normal nappy to break down this is such a good thing.

5) What did you like best about the Mum & You Hair & Body Wash? Please think about smell, ease of use, the feel of your baby's skin after, suitability for newborns, and the fact it is hypoallergenic- It smelt lovely and soft and was not overly fragrant which is great for babies. It left my baby's skin smelling lovely and soft and fresh. She has sensitive skin and also has a little eczema and this didn't irritate it at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »