Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to test Nitty Gritty’s new and original nit combs? Sign up here - £300 voucher to be won!

(17 Posts)
LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Oct-19 14:08:40

Nitty Gritty are looking for 60 Mumsnet users with at least one child who currently has head lice to test their new nit comb before launch, alongside the current version.

Here’s what Nitty Gritty has to say: “You can beat head lice and nits without nasty chemicals because our Nitty Gritty Comb is exactly what your family needs to quickly and easily get rid of all head lice, nits and even the 'live' eggs which other products leave behind to hatch a new generation of little monsters in your children's hair. And, we’re really excited to be testing a new version with double the grooves, designed to be doubly as efficient.”

If you’re selected, you’ll be sent and need to test both combs and give your feedback comparing the two on a thread, as well as completing a survey on your experience of the combs and your use of nit treatments in the past. We’ll be trying to select testers in batches so you don’t have to wait too long to receive your combs if you’re selected to take part.

All who complete the required feedback (both the thread and survey) will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

If you’d like to take part, please click here to sign up.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Candyperfumegirl Fri 01-Nov-19 14:57:25

Done

AlexaKimbo Fri 01-Nov-19 15:03:48

I love the Nitty Gritty combs and they are the only thing I’ll use as the chemical ones made my DC’s hair fall out.
Mine don’t currently have head lice but I know quite a few kids who constantly do.
Wish we could anonymously sign people up to encourage them to sort their kids hair out.

Maiyakat Fri 01-Nov-19 22:56:51

If your child currently has head lice surely you need to treat them now, not wait to see if you're selected for a product test and then wait for the combs to arrive!!

Geppili Fri 01-Nov-19 22:57:18

They are the best! I kind of miss the fact that my DCs have put grown nits. BUT my Ddog loves a comb out with the nitty gritty! He just has to see it and he is putty in my hands!

MrOnionsBumperRoller Sat 02-Nov-19 19:48:51

Mine arrived yesterday. Amazing the amount of skank, bed fluff and dead nits (we'd already done the sheepdip) it got out. Utterly addictive.

MrOnionsBumperRoller Sat 02-Nov-19 19:57:21

P.S. if you have a spare comb going begging there's a poor little thing in DDs class who has 'been crawling with nits that look like rice' since the start of term and has kindly shared the itch with most of year 1. She is from a 'chaotic' family and i am apparently going to have to pay for/deal with this problem myself as school can no longer refuse kids if they are infested and social services are disinterested hmm

HarryK Sun 03-Nov-19 08:21:36

Done

munchbunch12 Sun 03-Nov-19 16:51:13

Done!

BringBiscuits Mon 04-Nov-19 22:26:03

Currently treating my dd for nits. I’m happy to give this product a go.

Shannith Tue 05-Nov-19 18:25:55

Done and yes please. Help restore some sanity to this household <itches>

Kahlua4me Tue 05-Nov-19 19:40:58

Done.

Currently treating my dd for nits and she is in year 9. I thought we were past the risk once she reached secondary school but obviously not!

Tinyandpetite Tue 05-Nov-19 21:34:04

Done!! Please before I have a breakdown

claza93 Tue 05-Nov-19 22:10:59

Done

LikeARedBalloon Thu 07-Nov-19 20:58:19

Done 🤞🤞🤞

CynthiaRothrock Fri 08-Nov-19 22:46:35

Got mine today. Will be putting it to the test this weekend.

Olissa8 Sat 09-Nov-19 15:34:24

Done. Never-ending nit cycle at school at the moment!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »